How messed up is this...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How messed up is this...

Post by SaSSO »

:evil: :x I hate people that try to gain off of others hard work. It just pisses me off. Look at this. This is an email I recieved from someone who probably saw me around the Dreamcast auctions on ebay.

To member: sass0
From member: raredcgames

--------------------

Greetings,
If interested, I have the following for the Dreamcast Game System:
These games work on any Dreamcast (all you need is a Dreamcast - no modchips or anything). These can't be bought in any stores in the United States, but are sweet games for the Dreamcast. They are also complete games - NOT demos or shareware.

? The Dream Arcade: 430 Original Arcade Games (Like Donkey Kong, Pacman, Jr. Pacman, Mrs. Pacman, Galaga, Jungle Hunt, Qbert, etc. 430!!! Gorgeous menus. Perfect speed/sound/ emulation; these are identical to the arcade versions - right down to squeezing the Dreamcast trigger to input quarters/credits! There are even some added optional enhancements - like in Pacman type games, you can hold your A button and go into turbo and go faster than the ghosts, etc. ) One Disc-- $25
? Nintendo Entertainment System for Dreamcast: Over 2000 original NES games for the Dreamcast on 1 disc. Perfect speed/sound/emulation. Gorgeous. VMU saves. More than 100 modified games included that weren't put out w/ the original NES! (Including a Sonic Super Mario 1 where it's Sonic and rings instead of coins, a Super Mario World SNES hack, a Pink Floyd The Wall Donkey Kong, a Star Trek SS Enterprise Galaga, etc.) -- $25
? Sega Genesis Super Smashpack - Over 1000 Sega Genesis games for the Dreamcast (Perfect speed/sound/emulation) VMU saves -- on 2 discs. -- $25
? Dream SMS - Over 400 Sega Master System and GameGear games for the Dreamcast (Perfect speed/emulation) on 2 discs - $25

These are MUST additions to your Dreamcast/video game collection. All have Full Color disc labels.

Package deal: Get any 2 for $45, any 3 for $65, or All 4 for $75. No extra for postage is required. Also, if interested, add $5 to any purchase for a VCD Player for the Dreamcast (or this can be bought separately for $10 no extra postage). This will allow you to play VCD movies on your Dreamcast (For those of you who own VCD movies or can create VCD movies w/ your camcorder). It works perfect. Just put the disc in. A screen will come and ask you to hit Open and insert the VCD. Enjoy the VCD movie!!

Shipping is free to the U.S. only. Will accept payments thru Paypal (Visa, MC, Discovery, American Express, online check) (at http://www.paypal.com) w/ raredcgames@hotmail.com ID Verified. If you copy and paste the link below into your URL address, it will automatically take you to a payment screen.
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business= ... otmail.com
In case of a backlog of orders, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery. Otherwise, we usually ship w/in 24 hours of payment.
Please email any questions to raredcgames@hotmail.com
This offer will stand for a limited time. Don't miss out!
Also, email me for a price list on regular backup titles.
Take care and happy/hard gaming,
Randy

BACKUPTERMS: You are required to own an original copy of the games title or CD you are inquiring to purchase. DISCLAIMER: You, the purchaser, will abide by the following disclaimer: Services provided are strictly for backup of games or cd's which you currently own to protect from damage. These duplications are allowed under the Section 117 of the U.S. Copyright Law, and you are entitled to this service by law. Service will not be held accountable for the purchaser's use. If you sell your original software, you will have 24 hour's to destroy the CDR backup of that title. You take full responsibility for your own action when using these backups, and service will hold no liability. By agreeing w/ these regulations, it allows the service provider to duplicate and you as the consumer to receive the right of backups. BY PURCHASING, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

:arrow: Well, if you want the email address of this person to put your two cents in, then email me and I will GLADLY give it to you. But its sad how the developers of all of these emulators make no money and some person will make money off od their hard work.

That is all...
Turles33
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Turles33 »

Thats bull crap-
we should report him to the cops and say hes selling illegal software...
- Consoles I own -
NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
GameBoy
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
Sega Genises[w/ SegaCD]
Sega DreamCast
Sega GameGear
PSX
PS2
X-Box
::--::--::--::--::--::--::--::--::
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

I dont think we should be that drastic, besides the cops probably would do nothing. But I vow never to buy anything from that seller on Ebay. Thats a good start, right... :oops:
punkrockdude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by punkrockdude »

SaSSO wrote: But I vow never to buy anything from that seller on Ebay. Thats a good start, right... :oops:

Me too :!:

Later
PRD
All thanx for my avatar and sig goes to NeonGenesis
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FFgamer »

Also, that backup terms. Like he actually thinks that someone has 2000 NES games. Someone should send out a warning to eBay about this and have his acount stopped.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

email ebay and tell them so that they can delete his account
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Thats JUST why I think all homebrew stuff should have the message dreamSNES has, about saying its freeware.
Not long ago, ppl were selling DCdivX on ebay aswell -_-
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

That makes me sick!
(for 2 reasons)

Hard working coders put loads of time and effort into coding awesome emulators for anyone to use, and don't charge any fees! Some wanker comes along and rips them off buy trying to make some money on Ebay from someone else's hard work

Also, they are selling ROMs.. gah, I won't even get started on this...

Sorry about that rant, but people selling emus and roms really pisses me off.