Download lastest dc-tool-serial/ip bins compiled with MinGW

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Download lastest dc-tool-serial/ip bins compiled with MinGW

Post by SiZiOUS »

Hello there,

I just compiled today the lastest dc-tool-serial and dc-tool-ip binaries for Windows under MinGW.
You can download it here.

Using MinGW is for me better than Cygwin because there is no need for a POSIX emulator.
The provided binaries are seen by Windows as native binaries.
I made some changes in the Makefiles and completed some missing code ('nanosleep'...) under "sizious.*" files (every dc-tool-serial or ip files remains untouched).
The complete source code is included in the package.

dc-tool-serial is the v1.0.4 and dc-tool-ip the v1.0.5.
Complete changelogs are available on the original Git repository.

In order to do use these binaries, you'll need the proper dc-load disc and run it on your Dreamcast (which aren't included in the package).

By the way, I'm looking for the lastest dc-load-ip (with 0.0.0.0 IP, i'm using ARP) and dc-load-serial binaries. I have a Coders Cable and 3 BBA HIT-400 and I can test everything together.

Can someone provide me the Dreamcast binaries?
Thanks for reading me.
Bouz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Download lastest dc-tool-serial/ip bins compiled with Mi

Post by Bouz »

Hi Sizious!
Thanks for the upgrade!
Nostalgy... Still this DC-France signature :wink:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Look in the topic titled "Trouble burning dcload-ip" for a new dcload-ip binary for the Dreamcast side. Find the last attachment that I made in the topic.

That said, the fixes discussed in that topic for dcload-ip have not been applied to dcload-serial/dc-tool-serial. Also, we're still discussing a few things with dc-tool-ip, so what is currently in the repository will almost certainly not be the final 1.0.5.
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

Hello BlueCrab,

And thanks for your answer.
So the lastest dcload-ip 1.0.5 binary is here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=102267#p1034699.
I'll make a selfbootable disc with it.

Can you send me the dcload-serial binary as well?
I only have an old v1.0.3 binary.
I'll check if everything works as excepted with my MinGW compiled binaries.

Maybe you can post my source modifications to the Git repository for compiling with MinGW, at least for the changes I made to the Makefile (added linking on some needed libraries...).
I don't know what's the right thing to do with the code I added to the sizious.c/sizious.h files, these POSIX functions doesn't seems to exists in the MinGW core, maybe we could add a compilation directive "#ifdef __MINGW32__" or something like that...

I'm glad to see you still there, you joined the site in 2002, more than 10 years :o

@Bouz: Yeah, still the DC-France signature... I just bought the dreamcast.fr domain, and planning to "relaunch" the french Dreamcast scene...
At least for the Dev communauty!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

SiZiOUS wrote:Can you send me the dcload-serial binary as well?
I only have an old v1.0.3 binary.
I'll check if everything works as excepted with my MinGW compiled binaries.
No, unfortunately I cannot. I haven't fixed dcload-serial, so if I were to compile it right now with my toolchain (with GCC 4.x), it won't work. Until I have a working serial cable, I won't be able to fix it. I should have all the parts to throw one together, I just need to find the time to do it. :?
Maybe you can post my source modifications to the Git repository for compiling with MinGW, at least for the changes I made to the Makefile (added linking on some needed libraries...).
I don't know what's the right thing to do with the code I added to the sizious.c/sizious.h files, these POSIX functions doesn't seems to exists in the MinGW core, maybe we could add a compilation directive "#ifdef __MINGW32__" or something like that...
If you'd like to send me a patch, feel free to do so. I'll certainly take a look when I get a chance.
I'm glad to see you still there, you joined the site in 2002, more than 10 years :o
Yep... I've been here for practically forever. :lol:
Ayla
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Ayla »

SiZiOUS wrote:@Bouz: Yeah, still the DC-France signature... I just bought the dreamcast.fr domain, and planning to "relaunch" the french Dreamcast scene...
At least for the Dev communauty!
:o
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

BlueCrab wrote:No, unfortunately I cannot. I haven't fixed dcload-serial, so if I were to compile it right now with my toolchain (with GCC 4.x), it won't work. Until I have a working serial cable, I won't be able to fix it. I should have all the parts to throw one together, I just need to find the time to do it. :?
OK BlueCrab, I understand.
My toolchain is 4.x as well, so I think I'll not capable to compile it.
BlueCrab wrote:If you'd like to send me a patch, feel free to do so. I'll certainly take a look when I get a chance.
It's a "*.diff" file, right? If so, I'll try to generate it.
Else, you can download my package in the first post, it contains the complete source code.
BlueCrab wrote:Yep... I've been here for practically forever. :lol:
Me too... and I didn't nothing significant :mrgreen:
Ayla wrote: :o
Yeah it's my widest dream... but I dunno if I'll do something or not :D
And I just saw that the DCReload forum is dead... too bad :|
Ayla
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Ayla »

I honestly don't think it's a good idea. An english website would be more useful. Like a wiki that compiles all our knowledge about the hardware, that goes deep into KOS, that would contain information for newbies as well as for experienced DC programmers.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

SiZiOUS wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:If you'd like to send me a patch, feel free to do so. I'll certainly take a look when I get a chance.
It's a "*.diff" file, right? If so, I'll try to generate it.
Else, you can download my package in the first post, it contains the complete source code.
Oh. Ok, I'll just look in what you've already posted. :)
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SiZiOUS »

Ayla wrote:I honestly don't think it's a good idea. An english website would be more useful. Like a wiki that compiles all our knowledge about the hardware, that goes deep into KOS, that would contain information for newbies as well as for experienced DC programmers.
I agree. My real intention was to recreate a DCReload-like forum with programming threads... But I don't have much time to do so.
I just bought dreamcast.fr for now and pointing out the Dreamcast-News website by zouzzz because it's a nice DC news in french.
BlueCrab wrote:Oh. Ok, I'll just look in what you've already posted. :)
OK BlueCrab, thanks a lot. Don't hesitate to post here if a modification I made is curious or bad :)