Your Most Difficult Moment In Gaming

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Your Most Difficult Moment In Gaming

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Omega Weapon (FF8), Event 51 (Melee), and all of Battletoads. All of it.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Eviltaco64X wrote:all of Battletoads. All of it.
Indeed. It would've been cheaper for my parents to buy the game, but boy did we rent the shit out of it just to beat it.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

BoneyCork wrote:I'd prefer developers spend more time on reducing load times than making them flashy. I can't say I know a lot about games development, but I refuse to believe the Normandy is so complex, my 360 can't handle more than 1 floor loaded at a time. For all the attention to detail that goes into game development today...I just wish they'd spend a bit more time on making things efficient. I fucking hated exploring that ship.

The load times on PC are hardly noticeable. I originally played 1 and 2 on Xbox 360, but then got back into PC gaming, built a rig and got ME2 for it. Wow. Just amazing. It completely dwarfs the console version in visuals, controls (of course), and load times. Loading screens lasted maybe 2 seconds, at the most.

I only beat ME2 once on 360... Have since beaten it twice on PC. Absolutely amazing experience in 1920x1080. On the contrary, ME1 is an absolute shit console-port. Terrible, terrible performance.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Wow. Talk about a convenient time for this thread...

I just picked up The Witcher 2 today. Hardest game I've ever played. Seriously. I died 8 times trying to beat the very first instance of combat. On Normal mode.

I'm getting better, but Easy mode is just too easy. And Normal mode is harder than Halo's legendary difficulty. Being as much of a hardcore gamer as I am, I'm absolutely stunned by my inability to win in this game.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Facility on 00 Agent, fast enough for the cheat.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Being as much of a hardcore gamer as I am, I'm absolutely stunned by my inability to win in this game.
Maybe you just suck? :P
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

DanteJay wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:Being as much of a hardcore gamer as I am, I'm absolutely stunned by my inability to win in this game.
Maybe you just suck? :P

True, but not anymore. Once you really learn the combat system, it's insanely fun. I give this game a 10/10, hands down.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

DanteJay wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I'd prefer developers spend more time on reducing load times than making them flashy. I can't say I know a lot about games development, but I refuse to believe the Normandy is so complex, my 360 can't handle more than 1 floor loaded at a time. For all the attention to detail that goes into game development today...I just wish they'd spend a bit more time on making things efficient. I fucking hated exploring that ship.
Did you install the game to your hard drive before playing it? That helped making the loading times more tolerable.
Marginally. Still way too long. I'm telling you, if developers were smart they would hide load screens in cutscenes. Doesn't make sense to sit through a cut scene and still have a load screen after. I can only assume most cut scenes are pre-recorded, despite being rendered in engine.
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

Ninja Gaiden for ye olde xbox

also

R.I.P. Companion Cube :cry:
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
Jet_Set_Beat

Post by Jet_Set_Beat »

It would either have to be the secret level: 'Poochy Ain't Stupid' from Yoshi's Island on the SNES, 'Jungle' on Goldeneye (even on 'Agent' difficulty) for N64. Every Goldeneye level on 00 Agent was just murder, as well. Especially trying to get the invincibility code on 'Facility'. Beating 'Facility' on '00 Agent' difficulty in under 2:05 was just violently hard.

Oh wait, how could I close without mentioning that Hammer Bro right before you face the final Bowser on '8-4' from the original Super Mario Bros.? Actually, I'll just say that every ground-level Hammer Bro encounter is overly frustrating.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

ET for the Atari. As a kid I didn't have the instruction booklet, and it seemed like everything I did the FBI would just come after me.

Shenmue, the warehouse sneak scene. I actually missed the (in game) winter deadline for completing the first game due to spending a month trying to sneak into the warehouse (or was it shipping yard or something?). I played the game all in one sitting though, so it was probably due to me being tired or something.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

But...if you messed up the warehouse sneak scene the homeless guy kept giving you hints until he eventually told you exactly where to go...in fact, once you know where it is, you can just run right to it from the start. :P
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Yea, I totally don't know. Never took the time to replay it. I guess I've forgotten the specifics enough by now that it would be fun to try...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man