Controller read error

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Controller read error

Post by dciris »

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I have a MEGACOM "DC Universal Converter". It allows PSX controllers to be plugged into the Dreamcast. Unfortunately it is not recognized when I run my .elf files. This results in the .elf not even booting. I know the easy remedy is to send the .elf to the DC while a regular DC controller is plugged in to one of the ports but I would really like to use my arcade style PSX controller for testing purposes :). Does anybody happen to know a work around for this. I currently use KOS to compile my source code.

Thanks!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Re: Controller read error

Post by Quzar »

Any chance you could try the program here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=97047 ? Might give more info...
Last edited by Quzar on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed!
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

I thought I could just delete my post after Quzar fixed his but... I guess I could ask something.

Does it work with commercial games and not homebrew? I didn't know you had to have a controller plugged in to boot an upload...
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dciris »

Hi thank you for your replies. I posted my results on the "Maple Test Post". The controller works on Commercial games. It has occured to me that I am using KallistiOS version 1.1.9 and that it may not have the updated driver it needs to get this controller running? If this is the case would anybody be able to walk me through this process? I am not particularly keen on updating my version of KOS because it has been working great for me for several years now and I do use the Iris 3D Engine to build my code. (scared I could break the connection between Iris and KOS) All thumbs when it comes to updating KOS.