I'm going on a road trip.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I'm going on a road trip.

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Few road trip things
-first aid kits (you never know) also learn wtf the first aid kit can and can't do.
-a nice back up device (solar panel phone charger) you can look up how to make an altoids can version with good ol google
-about deal extreme, they are awesome shits cheap, but dont order last minute they take a while (but shipping on most shit I've ever gotten is free so fuck it)
- If this idea intrest you I'll show you a good one, but mini alcohol stoves are a great item for road trips hell, you don't find any cool places to eat at or money is tight you hit up a grocery store and can eaisly make pasta, hot dogs, etc.... all from the road side or in a shitty motel
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Wagh wrote:ALuckily my scion gets 36mpg/420 per tank or so.
What do you drive? I have an 06 xA.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

darc, did you ever take your epic road trip?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I'm also interested. I remember this topic, as it was right when I was going to take a 16hour trip to NYC. I ended up going, but never noticed any pics posted on FB or anything :(
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I recently did an 18 hr drive to DC... That was really fun.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

impetus wrote:darc, did you ever take your epic road trip?
Nope. I ended up having to use my road trip fund for tuition. :(

I did end up flying to D.C. though, as my girlfriend's mom had to meet some EPA feds for something and she invited us and got the bed and breakfast owner to let me sleep on a pullout couch in his living room. I didn't have to pay for anything but the flight. It was my first time flying and I had to fly alone so it was a bit nerve-wracking but it ended up being easy as pie. D.C. was pretty amazing and I'd love to go back, and hell, I'd love to live in its beautiful capitol hill area.

I also just got back from Utah; stayed for a week because my girlfriend's dad lives there and had free flights to use so he invited us to his home for a week for Christmas. The snow was awesome. I've experienced snow in southern Louisiana two or three times but not "real" snow like this. Had lots of family fun with the gf's cousins and step-siblings. Got to take a trip to Park City and was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in real life. Utah was really nice but unappealing when you factor in the Mormons who have a strong hold there.

I could end up doing the road trip this upcoming summer, though. My gf's mom said she might help fund it if we take some pictures of certain landmarks for her work. By far the worst thing of all is that my gf and her mom are going to Greece and Turkey for a month and I have to sit home :(. Anyone who knows me knows that those are my top destinations behind Italy.
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

You could come over while they're gone and we could make our own greasy turkey.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Salad Bars

I spent quite a while driving 500 mile trips, and fast food can really start to wear on you when youre drving 10+ hours with a near constant fast speed(60+).

Salad bars are great! You get a lot of food for the price, you can choose all types of ingredients and sauces. Also I find that the vegetable intake keeps my body feeling good when in a static position for so long a period of time. Also if the veggies are in bigger pieces, (baby carrots, cucumber slices,etc.) you can put some aside in the container then bag those off to save them later for a snack.

Its easy to scoff at salad bars in general, but in this circumstance they were like a breath of fresh air.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Hello from Denver. I ended up sort of going on this trip. My girlfriend's grandmother, who lived in Utah, passed away a few weeks ago and my girlfriend inherited her 2006 Saturn Ion, her HDTV, and some sewing-related stuff. She drives a 1992 Toyota Camry right now, so she's quite happy about getting a new car.

So her dad agreed to pay for gas if we come up to Utah in the Camry and give it to her stepsister. So we stopped first in Tulsa, where she has family, and spent the night there, and last night we spend the night in Denver where her best friend's sister lives. Today we have a 8-hour drive into Utah, and on the way back we're going to come back to Denver, then go to Dallas (where other family lives), then back home to Baton Rouge. Unfortunately we had tickets to see the musical Wicked with some other people on Wednesday and we had that planned for quite a while, so we need to get back on Wednesday and make it to the show. So we really don't have much opportunity to sight-see.

P.S. Fuck Kansas. I got a $140 speeding ticket for going 84mph in a 70mph zone in the middle of a fucking 400 mile stretch of nothing but empty farmland. The cop was the nicest cop I'd ever talked to, though.
It's thinking...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Be free of all the bullshit. Take the state route instead of the interstate. Sleep in walmart parking lots, instead of at rest stops. Have sex as much as possible. Avoid taking stupid picture of bridges and shit. Meet a local in every state. Ask him shit.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

SuperMegatron wrote:Be free of all the bullshit. Take the state route instead of the interstate. Sleep in walmart parking lots, instead of at rest stops. Have sex as much as possible. Avoid taking stupid picture of bridges and shit. Meet a local in every state. Ask him shit.
While I'd have loved to stop and do things like that, we had to drive as long as possible so we could get back in time. :( I didn't get tired of driving, though. I had driven like 4,000 miles in a week and I was completely fine. One day I'd love to drive the extent of Route 66.
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

|darc| wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:Be free of all the bullshit. Take the state route instead of the interstate. Sleep in walmart parking lots, instead of at rest stops. Have sex as much as possible. Avoid taking stupid picture of bridges and shit. Meet a local in every state. Ask him shit.
While I'd have loved to stop and do things like that, we had to drive as long as possible so we could get back in time. :( I didn't get tired of driving, though. I had driven like 4,000 miles in a week and I was completely fine. One day I'd love to drive the extent of Route 66.

You're a trooper. I dread the drives to Savannah and that's only 600+ miles.

After driving to DC and back, I couldn't stand to drive a car for days.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Eating good food is great after spending a day seeing the sites. If you head out to California check out Yogurtland if you're a fatass like me.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant