Fixed internet, but new problem..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fixed internet, but new problem..

Post by Mattiethomas »

Alright, so my internet had been cutting off and on for a while, so I called my ISP and they had someone come out and replace something. Internet is better now. But the guy did something on my PC that automatically changes my IP address, subnet, gateway and DSN everytime I plug the internet cable into the router. All of those now start with 10, for instance, my gateway is now 10.10.2.1. Instead of being 192.168.1.1. Naturally, I reset the router and they all when back to normal, just until I plugged the internet cable in. I wouldn't mind this as much if I could actually access my router's config page, but whenever I enter the gateway, it never loads the page. Only when it was 192.168.1.1 would it load that page. So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do here. Is there any way he made it do this everytime I plug that dang cable in?

Any help is appreciated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Fixed internet, but new problem..

Post by |darc| »

Why not press the button on the router that sets everything to factory defaults?
It's thinking...
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

|darc| wrote:Why not press the button on the router that sets everything to factory defaults?
By "reset" I meant that. I restored everything to factory, which fixes the problem. But upon plugging in my internet cable, it switches everything back to the weird DNS, IP, and gateway.

I have a feeling it's some setting the guy did and set it to switch to these specific settings for the ISP, yet I know I don't need them.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Update:

Well I've figured out that whenever I leave the internet cable unplugged, the settings go back to normal. It's only when I plug the internet in that it switched to the new settings. Could this possibly be the ISP that set it to automatically switch to these settings upon being connected?
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Any help?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Have you considered using more traditional methods of communication such as writing letters or making telephone calls etc
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Mattiethomas wrote:Any help?

I have no idea how that is happening. But I guess you could just unplug your internet when you want to access your router page. But there should be some way to get to the config page through some IP…
It's thinking...
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

|darc| wrote: I have no idea how that is happening. But I guess you could just unplug your internet when you want to access your router page. But there should be some way to get to the config page through some IP…
Yeah, I'm not sure why the change in IP wouldn't let me access the router through the new gateway. I'm thinking of just calling the tech support about it, but when they came out, for some reason they boosted my internet really high, so I bet if I call them they will notice and switch it back. Can't blame me.