Texas Church's Bible burning Halloween bash...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
U-said-it
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Texas Church's Bible burning Halloween bash...

Post by U-said-it »

Opposing Bible versions, any type of commercial music, or whatever the Minster deems "Satanic", they are all fair game for burning in the armpit of the good ol' USA.
The Amazing Grace Baptist Church in Canton, N.C. will celebrate Halloween by burning Bibles that aren’t the King James Version, as well as music and books and anything else Pastor Marc Grizzard says is a satanic influence.

Among the authors whose books Grizzard plans to burn are well known ministers Rick Warren and Billy Graham because he says they have occasionally used Bibles other than the King James Version, which is the sole biblical source he considers infallible.

According to the church’s Web site, members will also burn “Satan's music such as country, rap, rock, pop, heavy metal, western, soft and easy, southern gospel, contemporary Christian, jazz, soul (and) oldies.

“We will also be burning Satan's popular books written by heretics like Billy Graham, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, John McArthur, James Dobson, Charles Swindoll, John Piper, Chuck Colson, Tony Evans, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swagart, Mark Driskol, Franklin Graham, Bill Bright, Tim Lahaye, Paula White, T.D. Jakes, Benny Hinn, Joyce Myers, Brian McLaren, Robert Schuller, Mother Teresa, The Pope, Rob Bell, Erwin McManus, Donald Miller, Shane Claiborne, Brennan Manning (and) William Young.

During the book burning, according to the Web site, barbecued chicken fried chicken and “all the sides” will be served.
-Article-
ImageImage
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Texas Church's Bible burning Halloween bash...

Post by BlackAura »

According to the church’s Web site, members will also burn “Satan's music such as country, rap, rock, pop, heavy metal, western, soft and easy, southern gospel, contemporary Christian, jazz, soul (and) oldies.
So.... that'd be everything, then.

I wonder how toxic burning polycarbonate is?

Oh, and I just noticed this:
Pastor Whatshisface wrote:Satan's popular books written by heretics like... The Pope
I think he's just using the word "heretic" as a synonym for "people I don't agree with". I don't think anything the Pope has ever said could be considered heretical. Stupid, maybe. Ignorant. Backward. Almost anything ending the the suffix "-ist". But heretical?
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

Heretic are essentially anyone disagreeing with the local religious order. It is all subjective anyway in regards to what they believe. They are each others heretic.

Additionally, I hate my state sometimes.
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Kinda old, but somehow seems to never lose its relevance:
Emo Phillips wrote: I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said 'Stop! don't do it!'
'Why shouldn't I?' he said.
I said, 'Well, there's so much to live for!'
He said, 'Like what?'
I said, 'Well...are you religious or atheist?'
He said, 'Religious.'
I said, 'Me too!
Are you Christian or Buddhist?'
He said, 'Christian.'
I said, 'Me too!
Are you Catholic or Protestant?'
He said, 'Protestant.'
I said, 'Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?'
He said, 'Baptist!'
I said, 'Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?'
He said, 'Baptist Church of God!'
I said, 'Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?'
He said, 'Reformed Baptist Church of God!'
I said, 'Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?'
He said, 'Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915!'
I said, 'Die, heretic scum,' and pushed him off.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

This reminds me of the big Harry Potter book burning a few years back, where religious fanatics bought thousands of copies of whatever the new HP book was at the time to go burn them. The publisher even released a statement thanking them for all the book sales.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

While I'm a Christian, I avoid any kind of church for various reasons. I mean, where in the Bible does it say that specific genres of music are of the devil?

Church is usually composed of a generic misinterpreted message mixed in with some gossip, fund-raisers, and humor about how their beliefs are the absolute truth (and, if you're pentecostal, some tongue-speak).