Cheap Microsoft point?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cheap Microsoft point?

Post by vicviper74 »

Anyone know a good place to get em cheap.. I want battlefield 1943... but looking for best deal for points. The best I found was SAMSclub FOR 18.49 FOR 1600, as opposed to 19.99 everywhere els.

Anyone have a cheaper place?
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Cheap Microsoft point?

Post by impetus »

For all the USA'cans, I was thinking of posting this anyway...

http://www.axexbox.com/

Axe has a promotion going right now where certain products carry a 300 XBLA points pack-in. 300 points is equal to $3.75. The products have an XBLA sticker that you peel off to reveal a 5-digit code. You have to text-msg the code to them to get a text reply with your actual XBLA code that you can redeem on the Xbox Live website. This should have been Internet-enabled and the texting is stupid, but whatever. It's still easily done.

The cool thing is that the points are stacking with bonus pack promotion items (I saw this at Target. YMMV). A bottle of shampoo or shower gel normally costs a pricey $5. But with bonus packs and XBLA points, the value changes significantly. Now your $5 buys:
- Shampoo bottle + hair pomade + 300 XBLA pts
- 12oz Shower Gel + 8.5oz Shower gel + 300 XBLA pts
- Shower Gel + body scrubber + 300 XBLA pts
- Stick deodorant/antipersp + body spray + 300 XBLA pts

Or to to put it differently, each of the above packs costs only $1.25 after deducting the $3.75 value of the points.

So for example, for $20 you could buy $15 of XBLA pts plus 2 shampoos, 2 pomades, and 4 shower gels. That's a steal. I'm assuming you all bathe, so this is money well spent. There's no limit AFAICT, so you can stock up if that makes sense in your situation.

It's easy to pooh-pooh Axe because of their overscented bodysprays and douchebag advertising, but their shampoos, pomades, and shower gels are really great and this promotion is a very good deal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Target is also giving a $5 gift card with each $20 point card you buy.

And if you did Impetus' deal, you could get 1900 points and some shower gel for $20.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

impetus wrote:I'm assuming you all bathe, so this is money well spent.
But if people on here bathe with Axe, then they'll have women sticking to them and they won't need the Xbox anymore.
It's thinking...
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

melancholy wrote:Target is also giving a $5 gift card with each $20 point card you buy.

And if you did Impetus' deal, you could get 1900 points and some shower gel for $20.
Are you referring to XBLA points cards or regular Target gift cards?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

impetus wrote:
melancholy wrote:Target is also giving a $5 gift card with each $20 point card you buy.

Are you referring to XBLA points cards or regular Target gift cards?
You get a $5 Target gift card for every 1600 point card you buy.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I have a way to get legit microsoft points basically free, it sure as hell doesn't happen over night though. Actually I just posted on the Battlefield 1943 forum cause they had a thread about it. BTW, I don't really like that game. Here is a copy and paste if you're interested:

Currently, 4000MS points = 8900 Thank you points

My credit card (Citibank Forward) gives me 5 thank you points for every $1 spend on Books, CDs, Movies, and FOOD!

8900/5 = $1780

Sure 1,780 is a lot to spend, but just think of how much food you eat over the course of a year. You should be able to get at least 2 of these over a year, not to mention the 11,000 point sign up bonus.

I also get 3 points per $1 on my debit card. You can use the debit card and not have to worry about interest rates. Just use it to buy everything. Or you could use a credit card and accrue points faster, but you need to pay it off every time you use it.