How to I convert self bootable files to non-self bootable?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

How to I convert self bootable files to non-self bootable?

Post by law56ker »

Why do I want to create a non self-bootable emu/app?

There is a special format called gigarec, *exclusive to some plextor drives* that allows you to burn over one gig of information on a single cdr.

The limitation of the format is that it must be a single session which means you can't have a self boot disc.

So I need someone to explain to me, what files I need to check and edit, how to build the iso, and what programs I'll need.I need it so the emu/app single session and boots off a boot-disc instead of being a 2 session self bootable. Maybe someone could make a little package for me. Thanks for the help

Once someone helps me, I'll try burning in gigarec format and post the results.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Re: How to I convert self bootable files to non-self bootable?

Post by Quzar »

All you have to do is unscramble the main bin, then use a boot disc to load it (demomenu/dchakker should work for swapping and such).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to I convert self bootable files to non-self bootable?

Post by Christuserloeser »

fackue's 1st_read.bin checker should be of help. SBIs are unscrambled binaries too, btw. - Good luck, and let us know.
Insane homebrew collector.