New GPWT RomLister

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: New GPWT RomLister

Post by Quzar »

I included a copy of the one modified for my update in the download. Not sure if that was the last version released.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Post by law56ker »

Quzar wrote:I included a copy of the one modified for my update in the download. Not sure if that was the last version released.

Where is the link for that, I know there was a bug fix version. Someone has to fix the links for genesis plus here and at dcemu.co.uk they are all broken links.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Stryfe »

law56ker wrote:I know this is old, but all the genesis plus links are broke, does anyone know where i can find GenesisPlusDC RomLister v1.0 by smurph.
Speaking of Dcevolution, and it's associate, you can find version 1.2 in this SBI archive over at Dchelp: gpwt-280107-Quzar.sbi
ImageImageImageImage
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Thanks for the site plugs Stryfe, also thanks to Christuserloeser for archiving from back in the day, and the biggest thanks of course to Smurph for the app.

Here's the download:

GenesisPlusDC RomLister v1.0

The Dreamcast Vault door slowly creaks open...
Across the Universe
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Thanks for the the files, anyone know what happened to the Genesisplus project, it is an awesome genesis emulator. I was so excited back when I played blackaura's build. I waited for updates that never came. Is blackaura still around.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It's not exactly dead. More sort of undead - lurching around with occasional bits of work being done on it. Plans are afoot to resurrect it, and hopefully with a few more developers on board this time than just me. There was plenty of interest before, but the way GP/DC was previously developed made it far too hard for anyone else to contribute. Copying changes between zip files just doesn't work, and lack of any kind of baseline version to contribute changes to made everyone eventually give up. My bad - typical newbie mistake made by some dumb uni student who hasn't ever worked on a large-scale project.

Hopefully, this should be fixed pretty soon.

At the very least, the idea is to fix some of the major compatibility problems (mostly games crashing or misbehaving because of CPU or system emulation problems), fix up the existing stuff as best we can, and then make a release of some kind. Then, when that's out of the way, set about improving the rest of the emulator. That'll take time, because all the easy stuff has been done, leaving just the hard stuff - speeding up the software renderer and the sound system, so we can dump the limited hardware renderer, and hopefully still be able to play games at full speed.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Good to hear from you, I think this is one of the best emulators on the Dreamcast. I hope you find some motivation to work on it cause nothing else, yet, comes close to emulating the genesis so well and has so much potential. I burned a build a long time ago and can't remember which one it is. Could you give me a link for the best build, or builds.

BTW i just was playing a lot of nxdoom the other day, that's another project I wished could have added enhancements and features.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

http://dchelp.net/sbi/files/Emus/Genesi ... ckAura.sbi

- Quzar's build (see stryfe's post) is the more recent one, and it fixed sound compatibility on Sega of Japan's Disney games and the Tecnosoft games, so it's the better choice for these games. Problem however is that for some reason it seemed slightly slower than BlackAura's and Warmtoe's builds, plus the newer FAME CPU core wasn't implemented properly (not easy to do so) which did have quite an impact on overall compatibility. Games that required FAME to work in BlackAura's build likely won't work in Quzar's build.
Insane homebrew collector.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Christuserloeser wrote:plus the newer FAME CPU core wasn't implemented properly (not easy to do so) which did have quite an impact on overall compatibility.
No. The compatability issues with FAME have very little to do with the rest of the compatability problems, and only show up in a small handful of games that do weird things with IRQs. The newer versions of FAME deal with IRQs in a more accurate way.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Quzar I'm trying to make a sbi disc with the 3 different genesis plus builds. But I had a problem, because your build uses a new rom listing method it broke the rom selection menus for the other builds. They use a different rom list method from what I read. Is there anyway past this so I could have all 3 emulator builds on one disc.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

law56ker wrote:Quzar I'm trying to make a sbi disc with the 3 different genesis plus builds. But I had a problem, because your build uses a new rom listing method it broke the rom selection menus for the other builds. They use a different rom list method from what I read. Is there anyway past this so I could have all 3 emulator builds on one disc.
Mine will work fine with the old romlists.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Quzar wrote:
law56ker wrote:Quzar I'm trying to make a sbi disc with the 3 different genesis plus builds. But I had a problem, because your build uses a new rom listing method it broke the rom selection menus for the other builds. They use a different rom list method from what I read. Is there anyway past this so I could have all 3 emulator builds on one disc.
Mine will work fine with the old romlists.
Ok thanks, I thought that might be the case.