PSOv2: A lot of work has been done!!!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

PSOv2: A lot of work has been done!!!

Post by Nico0020 »

well seems a lot of work is being done on PSOv2 for us. Over at the schthack boards we have two disks being done, but a joint project is hopefully soon to follow.

Released by Russian Hackers
We have a EU disk that has finally been ripped, and auto forwards to the schthack servers, so no more do you have to use a codebreaker for dialup or a certain DNS with BBA. Though this version has bad load times and a few other problems.

Soon to be released by Ives
We have a working fastload (like v1) EUv2 with the resist mod for forces (more balanced attacks), upgraded audio, ending theme changed to the lyric version rather than the "lalala" version. And no FSOD/NPCbug/maprotate bug online.

So if a joint project goes through we will have a EUv2 disk that is on Par with the PC version. Fast load times, no FSOD/NPCbug/maprotate bug like in the Echelon Version, auto connecting to the schthack server, upgraded Audio, Resist mod, and ending music changed.

Now would be a good time to get back to playing one of the greatest online games, and one of the best Dreamcast titles.

Original topic

Long story short, USA and JP PSOv2 can no longer be played online anymore due the the HL server finally going down. Until something is figured out to get around this, people will just have to use the EUv2 disk. Sadly most people cant find this disk to buy and such. The biggest problem is that there was a handful of titles that were never ripped by Echolan or whomever it was that did all the rips/selfboots. EU PSOv2 was one of those games. AleronIves over at the schthack boards has a copy and a bba. He has ripped the game, and made some necessary changes to make it smaller and to update where the game points to anyways. The only problem is no one apart of the schthack team knows how to self boot a ripped dreamcast game. If anyone can help here please PM me, I realize this will probably get locked, but we are trying to save some of the few members left that play on dreamcast PSO.
Last edited by Nico0020 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: DC rip selfboot help: Serious request

Post by |darc| »

It won't happen through anyone here. I've tried myself a year ago, couldn't break the copy protection. Spoke to several people who have made releases to the scene late in the game years ago. They couldn't do it. This game is tough as shit to crack.

Good luck.
It's thinking...
Dreamcast
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast »

You could always compare the modified IP.BIN / 1ST_READ.BIN files to an unmodified file and note the differences, unless there's also something about the way the disc's tracks are written.
Maturion
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maturion »

I'd help you to buy a european PSO ver.2. But doesn't the eu ver1 still work too?
Dreamcast
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast »

I think that defeats the point of their project. They want to make it so you can boot up the game without having to use Code Breaker, etc. Also, it can be fairly pricey when buying it over seas. This way you don't have someone who lucks out and finds one cheap, plays it for an hour before they get bored with it, and tosses it into their pile of games, making it even harder for a true fan to get a copy. I know that sounds like a great excuse to apply to any game, but it is not. The exception here is that 99% of the people buying V2 already own PSO V1 / PSO V2 (or both) in either NTSC or NTSC-J format.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

all the v1 still work, but the amount of gameplay is severely reduced with v1. That and you can't play with PC or other v2 users unless they make their room v1 compat, which cripples their gameplay.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
FamilyGuy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by FamilyGuy »

Keep your faith, keep your faith ...

Seriously, keep it...

FG