Awww, like father like son.

Be careful where you tread in here...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/

Post by Juan »

not just souLLy now wrote:Lik Sang closing down was obviously our faults right? Don't be an idiot. We no longer had a major backer of the company who could provide us with prizes worth winning.
I guess Lik-Sang's support to this contest was very strong... Too bad Play Asia, Success-HK or *name a bizarro advertiser* weren't interested.
Wraggster wrote:Because of problems with Paypal and the cancellation of 2 of the prizes for the contest, we are going to Temporarily cancel the Coding contest , the Death of Lik sang and problems above meant we lost prizes, sadly i havent beenable to find new sponsors.
It seems that money can't buy prizes.
not just souLLy now wrote:Really bad for the community??? What are you doing for the scene exactly Juan?
Thanks for the site's design souLLy. It's really nice.
not just souLLy now wrote:You came into the scene long after any disagreements occured, you're just jumping on the bandwagon to fit in with the Cheatlist bitching clique.
ok?
Darksaviour69 wrote:I could start attacking what dcemulation has done in the past but I'm not going, site wars are useless
You're a hypocrite.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Despite all the shots the sites take at each other, I don't care. My only problem with DCEmu UK is its name. It was established long after DCEmu was established. It's a stolen name and no one can deny that. It's even more ridiculous that it's still called DCEmu even though it isn't a Dreamcast-only site anymore. Change the name now before you get too big and it becomes very hard to change your name.

Like I said, other than that I have no problem with DCEmu UK and I'm always in its chat room.
It's thinking...
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

|darc| wrote:Despite all the shots the sites take at each other, I don't care. My only problem with DCEmu UK is its name. It was established long after DCEmu was established. It's a stolen name and no one can deny that. It's even more ridiculous that it's still called DCEmu even though it isn't a Dreamcast-only site anymore. Change the name now before you get too big and it becomes very hard to change your name.

Like I said, other than that I have no problem with DCEmu UK and I'm always in its chat room.
And this is the only problem I can see that is semi-justified in the whole thread. It wouldn't have been my choice of name, but what's done is done- however it's possibly not a permanent name, we've been discussing ideas for the site's future for a while, but I won't go into detail here.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

not just souLLy now wrote:
|darc| wrote:Despite all the shots the sites take at each other, I don't care. My only problem with DCEmu UK is its name. It was established long after DCEmu was established. It's a stolen name and no one can deny that. It's even more ridiculous that it's still called DCEmu even though it isn't a Dreamcast-only site anymore. Change the name now before you get too big and it becomes very hard to change your name.

And this is the only problem I can see that is semi-justified in the whole thread.
I think it's completely justified. It's not an insult or pride that the names are both DCEmu; it's that it's misinformation. I've seen people think that DCEmu and DCEmu UK are sister sites. It just pains me every time I see on some completely unrelated board someone say "Oh, you want something for Dreamcast? Go to DCEmu for that, that's http://www.dcemu.co.uk"
It's thinking...