Come bitch about my MediaMonkey skin!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Come bitch about my MediaMonkey skin!

Post by Luriden »

I'm done with iTunes. I started re-ripping my CD collection in V0 VBR MP3 with EAC and LAME 3.97, and I've been using MediaMonkey for organizing and playing my collection. I love the way it looks, and all its features are really nice, but it's not as easy on the resources that I'd like it to be, and it's functionality with Last.fm isn't the greatest.

I've heard many people talking about Foobar, but I find it to be hideous. There's skins you get get for it, but there's a crapload of configuring you have to do for it and I just can't seem to get it to look right and don't have the time or patience for it.

Can anyone recommend a new library-based music player that ISN'T iTunes, Winamp, or WMP that works with Last.fm and has most of the features that MediaMonkey has? Or if anyone has Foobar and has all the plugins needed and already configured for skins, can someone .rar it for me?

This is what MediaMonkey looks like for me right now. I love the color scheme this skin has, I love the look of the entire thing, and also the popup window at the bottom right when it's minimized showing the artist, song, album, year, and cover art is nice. It's also great for tagging, it can tag based on what info Amazon has about the album and can automatically download cover art for it and embeds it in the tag rather than a library file, unlike Winamp and iTunes.

Last edited by Luriden on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Re: Looking for a library-based media player...

Post by MulletMan13 »

Dude, that is disgusting.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

MulletMan13 wrote:Dude, that is disgusting.
Why's that? Because of the colors? I prefer dark color schemes for some reason. One of the things I hated about iTunes is that it was white all over...
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I have no idea what features MediaMonkey has that the others don't, but SongBird seems to have all of that, has AudioScrobbler support, and fits your dark color scheme bill.

http://getsongbird.com/
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I have no problem with dark color schemes, but that looks like a 2-year-old found black and red crayons and decided to draw a media player.
It's thinking...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Amarok on Linux?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Amarok, and yes works with last.fm

mind you i dont know how up to date the windows builds are as it's a linux app.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

|darc| wrote:I have no problem with dark color schemes, but that looks like a 2-year-old found black and red crayons and decided to draw a media player.
Word.

I'm good with WMP. Sure it's a resource hog, but it has everything I want, and it looks great.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I migrated everything to WMP. Yeah, it uses a lot of resources, but I've never been one for saving something that's there to be used anyway. My main reason for moving was getting a PS3 and setting up the whole Media Server thing was amazingly easy for all my vids and music. Plus I think it looks nice.

Oh, and I echo everyone else saying that looks awful. Reminds me of the mid-to-late nineties when everyone discovered they could make their own website on Geocities and change the colour of your browser's scrollbars.

And I won't even start on those hideous buttons or the unreadable icons and text...
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

BoneyCork wrote:Oh, and I echo everyone else saying that looks awful. Reminds me of the mid-to-late nineties when everyone discovered they could make their own website on Geocities and change the colour of your browser's scrollbars.
Reminds me of those early Winamp skins.... god they were terrible.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Come bitch about my MediaMonkey skin!

Post by Luriden »

I decided to stick with MediaMonkey. I tried Songbird and Foobar and I'm not nearly as satisfied with them as I am with MediaMonkey, and I got Last.fm working with it. And yes, I got a better skin.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Luriden wrote:I decided to stick with MediaMonkey. I tried Songbird and Foobar and I'm not nearly as satisfied with them as I am with MediaMonkey, and I got Last.fm working with it. And yes, I got a better skin.
pics or it didn't happen. :wink:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Covar wrote:
Luriden wrote:I decided to stick with MediaMonkey. I tried Songbird and Foobar and I'm not nearly as satisfied with them as I am with MediaMonkey, and I got Last.fm working with it. And yes, I got a better skin.
pics or it didn't happen. :wink:
Nah, I switched back to the ugly MediaMonkey skin. All the other "better" ones have flaws to them much worse than this one.

And after spending a few hours with Foobar and still being unable to customize it the way I want, I give up with that.

I may just go back to iTunes...