What do you use to store your CDs?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What do you use to store your CDs?

Post by Luriden »

I've tried all kinds of methods of storing my CDs to keep track of them and such, but I always find massive flaws with all of them.

I have three different CD pouches I use. One of them is a long one, which leaves marks on the bottom of my CDs. Part of the plastic stuff that covers the CDs in the pouch goes under where the CD enters at, and when I have a lot of CDs in it they all press together and leave really big scuffs where the plastic part is behind the disc.

I got another one, it's smaller, and it just scratches the discs when I put them in/take them out.

Finally, I have a big pouch, each page is holds 4x4 discs, the kind that places like Blockbuster use to hold the discs at the counter. This one doesn't do so much damage to the bottom (though it sometimes leaves vertical scratches on them when taking them out) but it scuffs up the top. It actually ruined one of my Blink 182 CDs (which some of you may call a good thing) just by leaving it in there. The plastic rubbed against the front of the disc to hard and the label scratched off.

So now I've placed all the CDs back in their cases, and they're all scattered around the room. All of my "precious" CDs are resting in a CD tower by the computer, all my other CDs I don't really listen to anymore are all on a shelf where my games are collecting dust, and I have a stack of CDs by my bed that I've bought in the last few months and haven't gotten around to doing anything with.

Are there any cases out there that will hold a lot of CDs, but are absolutely guarenteed not to damage the discs in any way. I'm thinking of sacrificing some of my CD's conditions just to make it so that they're more convenient to get to.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Get cd skins, and then get a 200 cd binder. Perfection.

Unless you want a rack, in which case just put the cds in the skins and then put them in the rack.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I have a giant cd tower in my closet(it's a walk in closet) I built it my self since I could'nt find one to acomidate all my cd's. So they go in their orgnial cases and then on the rack(I put them in alaphbetical order).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Dark Savant0 wrote:Get cd skins, and then get a 200 cd binder. Perfection.
That's $1 per skin. That would be at least $350 for me (storebought CDs, anyway). That's a bit pricey. Is that how much you pay for them (assuming you buy them)?
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I'm sure if you we're to buy that many you could buy them at wholesale prices.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Try ebay, or a flea market. Or a cheap knockoff.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

I keep them in their cases, and rip a backup copy to mp3s to play on the PC. Then I have a sleeve that fits 12 or so that I use for the car or a discman.

Works for me.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I rip them to WAV, make FLAC and OGG copies of them (FLAC stays on my PC and OGG goes on my iRiver player); I keep the CDs in their cases on a shelf that I have.
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

My suggestion is to get a bunch of slim cases and store them in there. Then get a wire tower. Wire towers typically hold about 200 CDs, but with them in the slim cases, you'll double your capacity to 400.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Melancholy is right, but that might break the bank, if you buy 1 dollar cases. :rumpshaker:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

everything ripped to mp3. favourite cds go in cd wallet, everything else stays on the shelf.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I rip 'em to my PC, then my CDs sit to the left. I need a rack though, 'cause they keep falling off my desk. :(
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Dark Savant0 wrote:Melancholy is right, but that might break the bank, if you buy 1 dollar cases. :rumpshaker:
A pack of slim cases are typically between $10-15 for a hundred pack. A wire rack is between $15-20. According to him, he has 350 CDs. So, one rack, four boxes of cases, he's looking at around $60-70. Not bad at all, considering that those massive 200 disc carrying cases are around $30.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm..

I just have a couple CD Cases.... two which hold 144 CDs each...

However I barely touch these, and they sit in my closet/car 99% of the time. I rerip at higher quality if I think it needs to be above 160kbps AAC (as that is what everything is ripped at now).

Anyways, my CDs never do anything more than sit around, waiting for me to rerip a couple of them every couple months... =\
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista