Next Gen Controllers

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Next Gen Controllers

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Am I the only one who doesn't like them being only wireless? (Well the PS3 and 360 so far.) Think they will make normle USB ones, and if so how will they stay in? USB controllers can be easily removed with a little tug.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

the 360's controllers are suposed to be able to work both wired and wirelessly. and usb plugs stay in just as good as any other controller plugs out there.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

the ninty prototype still has ports for cube pads, so im guessing those could work for some rev games too

i for one like the idea of wireless pads, in single player games they are just a litle anoying at times, but try playing 4 player games like SSBM with more then 4 friends, controllers get passed down front and back, left and right, and in the end the wires are tangled beyond reason

if i didnt already have 4 normal nintendo made pads for the cube i would have gotten a wavebird, but i find it hard to justify 50 bucks on a system for which i already have the max amount of controllers
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

I love the cordless idea... i need to get a wavebird for my cube.. i went to my friends house and played with his and it was excellent... :D
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

0nionfrog wrote:I love the cordless idea... i need to get a wavebird for my cube.. i went to my friends house and played with his and it was excellent... :D
The wavebirds are cool, yet I rather dislike how they are much bulkier than the normal ones, and they don't have a rumble feature; I guess they didn't include the rumble to cut down on batteries, but even then, they still use tons......

As long as the wireless controllers and these other fancy features don't drastically increase the price of the new consoles, I am good....
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Wireless is definitely the way to go, but my only concern is the weight of the controllers.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

9 pin d connecters to return would be perfect, a return to classic controllers, just no track & field type games or the sticks would break. I'm feelin old but I dont care
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

is the ps3 controller any different from the ps2 one other than looks, does it have any features in it that will force m e to use it for the best gaming experience in ps3 games. like. like extra buttons or touch sensitive ones or whatever.? because if its the exact same just witha different look i'll use the old wired ps2 controller.

although i hated the ps2 controller, its still better than the ps3 dual dildo
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Smiley wrote:The wavebirds are cool, yet I rather dislike how they are much bulkier than the normal ones, and they don't have a rumble feature; I guess they didn't include the rumble to cut down on batteries, but even then, they still use tons......
Are you trying to say that the Wavebirds use a ton of batteries? If you are, you're REALLY mistaken. My Wavebird's been using the same batteries for over a year now.
It's thinking...
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

The wavebirds are cool, yet I rather dislike how they are much bulkier than the normal ones, and they don't have a rumble feature; I guess they didn't include the rumble to cut down on batteries, but even then, they still use tons......

i haven't changed the batteries in my wavebird for at LEAST a year
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

personally the added weight and bulk would be a pluss for me when it comes to the wavebird

after experiencing the S pad for the xbox the cube pad feels just a bit light, and maybe a tad small, but the weight is the most notable

i actually prefer a more heavy pad, since it really gives me something to hold on to, light pads just dont give me that feeling that im really in controll, they feel a bit cheap somehow

i should really try out a wavebird sometime, but i dont play my cube that much anymore, and as i said, i dont much like the idea of putting 50 bucks down for something i wont use that much anyway
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

got to agree with dr freeze here. when i hold onto something big and light such as some standard controllers, i feel as if somethings missing like batteries or something. add a little weight and im just happy with it.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i've changed my wavebird's batteries once in the 2 years i've had it. and the rumble feature is useless.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Ideally wireless controllers as standard will include their own internal battery pack that can be recharged using the console as a docking station.

So obviously nobodys added that as a design feature for their console. meh.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

oh one more word, i wouldnt mind if they cut rumble from the feats to conserve on battery life

in games like halo2 and rainbow six i have already disabled rumble because the rumble foobars up my aim just enough to cost me some kills, so even if the rumble is a nice idea, i wouldnt mind if it was scrapped
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Dr Wily wrote:Ideally wireless controllers as standard will include their own internal battery pack that can be recharged using the console as a docking station.

See I know A lot of peopele are probably dumb like me, and will forget to charge their controllers.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

Dr Wily wrote:Ideally wireless controllers as standard will include their own internal battery pack that can be recharged using the console as a docking station.

I thought the PS3 controllers charged when you placed them on top of the console?
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

The PS3 controllers charge when you put them in warm, moist places. The latest in bio-energy technology.
Ugh, more useless technology that people can't be bothered with. Oh and its about as egronomic as a brick
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

From Xbox's site:
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
High-performance wireless gaming is here! Using optimized technology, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller lets you enjoy a 30-foot range and up to 40 hours of life on two AA batteries?and when they run low, you're given ample warning so you can connect a Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play. Plug the Xbox 360 Headset into the controller for full duplex voice communication: a wireless first. With quick access to Xbox 360 features including DVDs, music, pictures, and more, along with the ability to support four wireless controllers simultaneously, gamers can experience wireless freedom, precision, high quality, and performance for endless gameplay.

Link:http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/perip ... tsheet.htm about 3/4 of the page down