What do you do when you have a bad time?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What do you do when you have a bad time?

Post by Veggita2099 »

Last few days I have been trying to do a lot of stuff, and have been failing at all of it. What do you do when you are not able to get stuff to work and get super pissed off?

Problem I have been having is trying to host my own Everquest Server. Been trying to follow the help guides, but the way eqemulator.net has the forums made out it is just one huge mess. They got more then 1 topic covering the same problems, and all 3 tell you how to fix it. However sometimes the topic is too old to be helpful. Then you try to just post a message asking for help and get the classic USE SEARCH. Then you go to use search and get 800 topics, and many of them being completely unhelpful. Biggest thing that pisses me off is I know if I was pretty much any of the other people at this site I could have done what I wanted done within a couple of hours with no problems. Basically makes me feel like a stupid ass who can't do anything.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

say 'screw it oh well' to everything, lock myself in my room, listen to music..
It's thinking...
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

depends on the severity. if its bad, i usually practice stringing together lines of four letter words. ive come up with a few interesting combinations.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Say "To hell with this" then take a break and come back later.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Yes, ill 2nd roofus again, which i seem to be doing a lot lately 8-)

take a break for awhile, hell, maybe a few days, and come back and try again. i had to do this several times while setting up various things on my network server. just chill and forget it for a bit and then come back and im sure youll figure it out.

if not, say fudge it and either start from scratch or forget about it.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I think I am about to say hell with it. PEople are just not willing to give you a REAL answer. They can't simply say ok do this this and this. They just say DO THIS and don't tell you how you go about doing other thigns in order to Do this. You have to enter a lot of these mysql commands, edit various files, etc. Simply posting a answer like edit tables start_zone to the zone of your likeing don't help abit.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

when things piss me off esspecially if its a person I love to tell them "go fu*k yourself"
but if I want to be "humble" I tell them to go away before I go manic on ya! sorry that this may not help but I intend to get violent minded. but bottom line, just give up for a while then come back, works for me with games I am stuck in.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I write, or go for a drive.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I put the controller down.
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

I eat. and deliberately play a compuetr easy on warcraft 3 :P
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I sleep, do something I know I'm good at for a while, or just go out with friends or talk to friends.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Drink heavilly. The hangover will make your other problems seem insignificant.
Mrfiddlez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Mrfiddlez »

Sleep, Read some forums and read Haiku, i get stressed easliy so sumtimes i just go out to the avery and see my birds.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Go angst to LiveJournal. :wink:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Random_Troll wrote:...go for a drive.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: What do you do when you have a bad time?

Post by pixel »

Veggita2099 wrote:Last few days I have been trying to do a lot of stuff, and have been failing at all of it. What do you do when you are not able to get stuff to work and get super pissed off?

Problem I have been having is trying to burn a DC disc. Been trying to follow the help guides, but the way dcemulation.org has the forums made out it is just one huge mess. They got more then 1 topic covering the same problems, and all 3 tell you how to fix it. However sometimes the topic is too old to be helpful. Then you try to just post a message asking for help and get the classic USE SEARCH. Then you go to use search and get 800 topics, and many of them being completely unhelpful. Biggest thing that pisses me off is I know if I was pretty much any of the other people at this site I could have done what I wanted done within a couple of hours with no problems. Basically makes me feel like a stupid ass who can't do anything.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

excersise, or going to the gym frees my mind and allows me to think clearly (it's complicated) and usually helps to solve any problem i'm having.

it's either that, or i say "the hell with it", go to bed and then wake up about 3am with the correct answer. This has pissed off my girlfriend many times especially when i was working on my uni project (i'm not the only one thankful that i passed).
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Hm - I generally just feel like crap for a while. :(

- Fuzmeister
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I may be a lot different than everybody else in here, but I just keep plugging away at it until I either get it, or I have no choice but to stop (I have to go to work, or something else stupid like that). I will keep trying the same damn thing over and over and over again, without taking a break. I usually get really pissed off, and start stringing together some of those four-letter words that weeperofsouls was talking about, but I just keep on going. Everybody around me tells me I should take a break, but I never do.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Oden
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Oden »

Step one "Fuck this"
Step two go to sleep