Who should SEGA merge with?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Sammy
8%
EA
No votes
Microsoft
21%
Sony
4%
Nintendo
38%
Nobody
29%

Total votes: 24
SEGA
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SEGA »

who do you think SEGA should merge with?
Don't Fear The Toastman.

Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

if sega merges i will kill myself
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

They should not merge at all, but if they have to sony! Then maybe I can see some games on my crappy ps2 since Im too cheap to buy an xbox or gamecube.
SEGA
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SEGA »

i think they should merge with ninty it would make a legacy
Don't Fear The Toastman.

Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

SEGA wrote:i think they should merge with ninty it would make a legacy
yeah that would be good but if they didn't pull something off good within a year i'd still kill myself
PuniPuniSakura
Catgirl Maniac!

Post by PuniPuniSakura »

Nintendo... i'd kill to have the JSR characters and Sonic characters in a Smash Bros. game!
http://www.opengames.net

DCemu's official catgirl maniac! wai, nyao!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If they had to merge with a company Id have to say Microsoft. Ps2 is just too underpowered and there games would suffer from it. Nintendo is greedy, thats why Sonic Adventure 2 battle is still $40 new when it should be down to $20 by now. Microsoft has some of the lowest 3rd party fee's, and its the best system.

My last choice would be Sony, I seriously wish the PS2 would die. I own one and all, but I can't stand to buy a new game on it cause compared to GC or Xbox games it looks horrible! I know graphics don't make a game, but still feels like Im spending $50 on a Dreamcast game or something. Only game I have paid more then $20 for on PS2 is Final Fantasy X. Only other game I see coming out Im willing to pay that for on Ps2 is MAYBE Final Fantasy X2. And a lot of multiplatform games I feel are being held back cause they want to make sure they run on PS2, then they go and add in a few things to make it look slightly better on GC or Xbox. If they could just forget the ps2 we would have even better looking games.

Then again I don't know what I got in this debate. I haven't bought a new game made by Sega for years. There is nothing currently on the way from Sega I plan to buy other then PD orta when its $20. If they make a Sonic Adventure 3 that don't have charactors in a mechrobot I probably will get it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nintendo are the only company out of the ones listed with the same ethos to games (ie make games because they will be fun / interesting, not to rush out a profit) but knowing Nintendos legendary arrogance it wouldn't be a merger, it would have to be Nintendo owning sega.

You of course have all missed the fact that as Sega is just a gathering of different development groups anyway and not a single enitity it is *entirely* possible that they could merge with all of the above (Sonic Team going to Nintendo, AM2 to MS etc)
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

*If* anyone, I would rather MS out of the bunch, though I'd rather they didn't merge at all. Then again, I'd rather the DC didn't die commercially...I'd rather there was another Sega console..

Probably MS though, since I have an Xbox, and only plan on gettin a GC. I would love to see what Sega could do for the Box, such as a Sonic exclusive title, using all the Box's power.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Dude NO SNK or CAPCOM! Sega should merge with Sammy, SNK and Capcom and buy Koei and enix.
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

i think they should merge with some younger guys who know what they are doing and know how run with a GOOD thing. not random nonsense that seem good at the time....
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

maybe my merger is just for my tastes, I love 2d fighting and tactical espionage games! The other games are just ok,
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Miyamoto states in the below link that Sega is already very comfortable working with the hardware Nintendo is providing, while they work on the new F-Zero game, so it's *possible* that Shigeru could lobby for the consumption of Sega's F-Zero team since theyre already very close to them.

Sadly, I DO think that all of Sega's vast amount of talented developers will eventually be split up like so much pieces of pizza. :(

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/ne ... 78,00.html
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Sickliquid86 wrote:Dude NO SNK or CAPCOM! Sega should merge with Sammy, SNK and Capcom and buy Koei and enix.
Enix merged with Square. You aren't going to see Square being bought out any time soon.
It's thinking...
Firthy2002
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Firthy2002 »

If anyone, I'd have to say Microsoft.
"The video game market is troubled..." - |darc|
---
My LiveJournal
---
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If I had to pic, which I did above, I'd pick the big N. Since:
A. I hate M$
B. I dislike Sony
C. I have a GameCube
D. I don't really know what Sammy is...
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I'd say Nintendo.

1. MS Sucks
2. Sony PS2 is underpowered (Although new games look EXTREMELY good and go 60FPS)
3. Gamecube has more power than Nintendo stated (simular to the "underpower" Sega did with the Dreamcast)
4. GAMECUBE ROCKS! :mrgreen:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

-Azathoth- wrote:Miyamoto states in the below link that Sega is already very comfortable working with the hardware Nintendo is providing, while they work on the new F-Zero game, so it's *possible* that Shigeru could lobby for the consumption of Sega's F-Zero team since theyre already very close to them.

Sadly, I DO think that all of Sega's vast amount of talented developers will eventually be split up like so much pieces of pizza. :(

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/ne ... 78,00.html
I really hope this doen't happen. It's bad enough no mroe Sega console,s let alone loosing the games being on other systems.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming