Let's have an iPhone 6 Discussion

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Let's have an iPhone 6 Discussion

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Wagh wrote:"bend-ghazi"

Art. :lol:
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

So I downloaded iOS 8.02 on my phone. It has some nice updates including the health and tips apps. I used the tips and it seems nice, the health App I am not to sure off.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Seems fair enough

I don't have one myself yet though, I have to wait another month to upgrade
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Got mine. I missed iOS so damn much.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I'd love to have one, but upon the reveal and the subsequent release, followed the realization of how little I use my current phone (HTC One). It's only a year old. It only makes use of three apps during smoke/shit breaks: Reddit, Facebook and Youtube. And that's only about 30% of the time, as my smoking companion is usually my MacBook Air. Hopefully this one survives until the 6S.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

No way I'm updating until there's a jailbreak. I love my emulators too much.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Specially Cork wrote:No way I'm updating until there's a jailbreak. I love my emulators too much.
The two biggest reasons I switched to Android for a year was for the larger screen and emulation. The day I got my phone, I got on Google play and downloaded/bought the most popular emulators for just about every mainstream console and handheld. And yet, after about two weeks, I never really booted them up again. It's cool to have some old games on there, but I just had better ways to play them that didn't incorporate a touchscreen (PSP for PSX and 8-bit consoles, Xperia Play for 16-bit consoles and GBA).
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:No way I'm updating until there's a jailbreak. I love my emulators too much.
The two biggest reasons I switched to Android for a year was for the larger screen and emulation. The day I got my phone, I got on Google play and downloaded/bought the most popular emulators for just about every mainstream console and handheld. And yet, after about two weeks, I never really booted them up again. It's cool to have some old games on there, but I just had better ways to play them that didn't incorporate a touchscreen (PSP for PSX and 8-bit consoles, Xperia Play for 16-bit consoles and GBA).
I guess it depends on the type of games you want to play, but I always like to keep a nice stable of JRPGs with me in case I get stuck somewhere and those are mostly fine with touch controls. With the case of games that have actually been ported, like FF4-6, I actually prefer the three "fixed" GBA roms. They look nicer, sound nicer, don't have lousy touch-screen menus and take up 30MBish rather than 1GB.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

|darc| wrote:

Seems fair enough

I don't have one myself yet though, I have to wait another month to upgrade

Great! How the frack is 6 weaker than 6 plus :/
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Wagh wrote:"bend-ghazi"

Art. :lol:
I wish I could say I was clever enough to have come up with that on my own but I saw someone use it in /r/subredditdrama and thought it was perfect.
Specially Cork wrote:
melancholy wrote:
I guess it depends on the type of games you want to play, but I always like to keep a nice stable of JRPGs with me in case I get stuck somewhere and those are mostly fine with touch controls. With the case of games that have actually been ported, like FF4-6, I actually prefer the three "fixed" GBA roms. They look nicer, sound nicer, don't have lousy touch-screen menus and take up 30MBish rather than 1GB.

I loved that I could emulate just about anything on my phone but couldn't deal with the touch screen controls. They are mostly terrible which is the same reason I don't use the emulators I bought for my iPad. I recently purchased a Nvidia Shield Portable and have found it is a perfect device for emulators. PSP,PSX,DC,CPS2,SNES,SMS etc. Having actual controls makes a huge difference. Plus the bonus of being able to stream games from my laptop is pretty nifty. Playing Saints Row 3 on a handheld works pretty well. They also include a free streaming service called GRID that gives you ~20 other games to stream over the Internet. I'm about 1500miles away from their Data Center in San Jose and get a pretty playable experience. Can't imagine going back to crappy touch screen controls now.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, anyway, my wife's mum went to Korea and bought me an iPhone 6 Plus, so I guess I've upgraded anyway.

Absolutely love it. It's the mini iPad mini I never knew I wanted. Now I'm not sure what to do with my iPad Air...