Ebay Scammers got me!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ebay Scammers got me!

Post by SuperMegatron »

So I got scammed. I was searching ebay for an iphone 3gs to put on straight talk. I found one that seemed to be a good deal $192 for a 32gb iphone 3gs white. Paid for it 2 days later nothing from him. I politely sent him an email asking for a tracking number.I got a message from him claiming that I hadnt made payment. This flagged him as a scammer and I called ebay. They just put a watch on him. Then he emails me a spoof ebay message with a tracking number. I verified it was a fraud. Contacted ebay and they still wont release my money from paypal. Sucks.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Ebay Scammers got me!

Post by |darc| »

SuperMegatron wrote:So I got scammed. I was searching ebay for an iphone 3gs to put on straight talk. I found one that seemed to be a good deal $192 for a 32gb iphone 3gs white. Paid for it 2 days later nothing from him. I politely sent him an email asking for a tracking number.I got a message from him claiming that I hadnt made payment. This flagged him as a scammer and I called ebay. They just put a watch on him. Then he emails me a spoof ebay message with a tracking number. I verified it was a fraud. Contacted ebay and they still wont release my money from paypal. Sucks.
Why won't they? eBay/Paypal are pretty good at protecting buyers over sellers.
It's thinking...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ebay Scammers got me!

Post by SuperMegatron »

They want me to follow the policy on stuff like this. I need to give them X number of days to ship me the item. When it doesn't arrive I then can file a dispute. Then it can be resolved. That is just to much time.... I kinda want action now. We know they bsing. We know they spoofed an ebay email to me. We know they requested more money and denied payment had been sent. So why wait? It just inconveninces me.