Bleemcast MGS - problem running 2nd disc ???

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Pong
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleemcast MGS - problem running 2nd disc ???

Post by Pong »

I have Bleemcast MGS and like most of my Dreamcast games, I am far from completing it.

I have read that some people had problems running the 2nd disc of MGS with Bleemcast. I guess the MGS 2nd disc would see the MGS save file on the VMU as corrupt which would make the game impossible to finish.

Is the the case? Is there anyway to play the 2nd disc and finish MGS if this happens?

I probably won't need this information anytime soon, but when I eventually get to the point of the 2nd disc I don't want to find out I wasted my time.

Thanks,

Scott
"Opinion does not modify truth."
Pong
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Pong »

What?.... nobody knows the answer or nobody cares. :-(
"Opinion does not modify truth."
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

You need to be a little more patient. People are from different time zones here. Not everyone is around the same time you are. It's not like it has been days or weeks since your post.

And to answer your question:

I played through Metal Gear Solid on bleem! for Metal Gear Solid twice, and I never once experienced any problems with it.

I think the problem had to do with the extended compressed memory cards - though I played the game on my Nexus 8x card without any problem.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Bleemcast MGS - problem running 2nd disc ???

Post by HyperG »

Pong wrote:I have Bleemcast MGS and like most of my Dreamcast games, I am far from completing it.

I have read that some people had problems running the 2nd disc of MGS with Bleemcast. I guess the MGS 2nd disc would see the MGS save file on the VMU as corrupt which would make the game impossible to finish.

Is the the case? Is there anyway to play the 2nd disc and finish MGS if this happens?

I probably won't need this information anytime soon, but when I eventually get to the point of the 2nd disc I don't want to find out I wasted my time.

Thanks,

Scott
Seems like you got a boot leg version of MGS , my friend copied MGS from me , played through disc 1 on the PSX, and for some odd reason can't play the 2nd disc either (notice : on PSX ), even when I give him my original 2nd disc he can't play it. So hmm makes me wonder.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
tripWIRE
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tripWIRE »

Thats just bullshit, I've played through Bleem!MGS twice using a bootlegged MGS. No need to worry.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

If you peruse the bleem forum at the bottom of the forums, you will notice that this is a known bug, but there is no solution to it.

Chances are you won't encounter this problem. If you do, you will have to just restart over. Playing MGS a second time around is extremely easy, and it doesn't take long to get to the 2nd disk mark.

The only other bug I've seen in b!MGS is when Meryl takes off her guard disguise in the codec screen, the animation messes up for a second.
It's thinking...