The GTA IV Thread

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The GTA IV Thread

Post by ace »

I may have changed my stance on the combat. I just realized with the upgraded weapons you can click the right thumbstick to zoom in further, making headshots much easier. that was one of my main gripes, the combat was too slow. well now I can finish most firefights in half the time because I can actually see my targets.

I bet it's mentioned in the manual :oops:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Wow. I sound retarded in that post.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I think I'm going to sell mine. I never play it, and though the game is quite impressive, I never seem to want to pick it up. I'll look at the game shelf and glance over it every time. I guess I'm not a GTA person. I might just sell it now to make most of my money back and pick it up later when it's cheap.
sixtyten
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by sixtyten »

Didn't read the whole thread, but, I got an early graduation gift today, 19" LCD HDTV for college, and I was playing some GTAIV today. I haven't played it a lot, couldn't really get into it, but, while I was playing today, I was in a chase, and I shot the back of a semi truck and all sorts of barrels started spilling out. Just sort of a cool little detail, and yes, I've purchased a VGA box just for the Dreamcast :p
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Talk about cheap. I just played online for the first time, and the fact that they allow auto-aiming is completely ridiculous.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

But the host can choose to turn it on/off. If you get someone decent hosting, that's fine.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Talk about cheap. I just played online for the first time, and the fact that they allow auto-aiming is completely ridiculous.
Yeah, auto-aim enabled games are pretty awful. It's always fun to have made a clean getaway only to be wiped out by a locked on M4.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

ace wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:Talk about cheap. I just played online for the first time, and the fact that they allow auto-aiming is completely ridiculous.
Yeah, auto-aim enabled games are pretty awful. It's always fun to have made a clean getaway only to be wiped out by a locked on M4.
My biggest complaint with this game is the whole "shooting at you when you're in a car" bullshit. It's nice in theory, but with auto-aim it just leads to guaranteed head-shots because there is nowhere else to hit. It's the same offline too. There's almost no point in having the option to "get busted" at all now, because (unless you get away) any decent wanted level will just lead to the cops one-hit-killing you through the window.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Those are some pretty crazy glitch videos.

My biggest complaint about the multiplayer is how a player chooses the gametype in ranked matches. I haven't played enough to know what gives a player this privilege but it's really lame when people pick 30 minute matches with auto aim turned on and nothing I like.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I tried that glitch, that's some crazy shit :lol:

ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

glitching ftw?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I tried it.. and couldn't succeed...
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I tried it, it was pretty hilarious. I got flown half way across the island a couple of times. A couple other times I got thrown out into the ocean. But most of the time I either died or ended up a block or so away.

Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Re: OXM GTA IV Review

Post by Calavera »

|darc| wrote:Has Rockstar commented at all about this game coming to PC? I would really love to play it, but I don't own a 360 or PS3, and I have never liked the console versions of the GTA games. The controls are always a barrier for me. The game is supposed to be a free environment but I never could feel open with the crappy PS2/Xbox controls. I need a keyboard and mouse for any game with a gun.
Just came out on PC a few days ago, although there are quite a few technical problems.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: OXM GTA IV Review

Post by |darc| »

Calavera wrote:
|darc| wrote:Has Rockstar commented at all about this game coming to PC? I would really love to play it, but I don't own a 360 or PS3, and I have never liked the console versions of the GTA games. The controls are always a barrier for me. The game is supposed to be a free environment but I never could feel open with the crappy PS2/Xbox controls. I need a keyboard and mouse for any game with a gun.
Just came out on PC a few days ago, although there are quite a few technical problems.
Yeah, I looked into it, but not only is it really messed up, but my computer doesn't even meet the bare minimum requirements. It seems if I want to continue PC gaming, I'm going to have to build a new PC soon. I know it doesn't cost much to build a great box nowadays, but I don't really have the money to allocate to it, so looks like I'll be skipping over GTA IV for a while...
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Heh. After all the hype I gave this, it's amazing how little I've played it...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Got this a gift. It was fun for a while, but I lost interest pretty damn quickly. The technical aspects of the game and its world are incredible. But that doesn't make it a fun game. The phone stuff is just annoying, the missions are kind of meh, and the only character I like is Nico. The storyline is OK I guess, but I don't feel any real drive to play it. And the far more realistic driving physics are fun for a while, but they're a lot less entertaining than the ridiculousness that occurred all the time in the old games. I do like the physics engine combined with rag doll - though how you go completely limp and lose control for so long at the slightest tap gets pretty irritating. Music also sucks, possibly the worst of any of newer console GTA titles.

I guess Vice City will forever remain my favorite. It's awesome music, great setting, ridiculous glitchy world, fantastic voice work, trite storyline, and vibrant colors (part 4 is so dull looking - boring) were awesome.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Saints Row gave me everything I wanted from this game. I guess all I really wanted was a sequel that felt something like San Andreas. GTAIV has some expansion coming out next year that I might check out though since it will be free I believe.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I think overall, GTA4 is exactly the epic game that Rockstar wanted to make. The thing is, their shortcomings with the PS2 titles actually gave the games more charm and entertainment value.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Lartrak wrote:I guess Vice City will forever remain my favorite. It's awesome music, great setting, ridiculous glitchy world, fantastic voice work, trite storyline, and vibrant colors (part 4 is so dull looking - boring) were awesome.
We can only hope for GTA IV: Vice City 2. 8-) Although I hope they think of a better name than that. :lol: