Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst private server

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst private server

Post by Luriden »

Somehow I just now found out that Schthack made a private server for Blue Burst. Back in the days of when he made one for the original PSO, he was saying BB was out of the question because it's a subscription game. Well, apparently I'm behind on this, but he has one for Blue Burst. It's extremely simple to set up, and I just logged on to find ~400 people on.

Check it out.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'd try it out, but alas there's no PSO:BB for the Mac.... :(
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Yeah, BB has been open since November IIRC.

The Xbox 1&2 is not supported because they apparently have to crack Xbox Live to get the game to connect. It uses the same packets as PSO GC with just the Xbox Live auth stuff.

And BlueCrab, You have an Intel or PowerPC Mac? I think it works with Parallels now, but i would have to check it out.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Too bad this doesn't work with Xbox 360. If it did Id run right out and buy it. From what I seen in the demo it seems like a decent game. Id actually be willing to pay $60 for it, however Im not willing to pay a monthly fee to play it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Veggita2099 wrote:Too bad this doesn't work with Xbox 360. If it did Id run right out and buy it. From what I seen in the demo it seems like a decent game. Id actually be willing to pay $60 for it, however Im not willing to pay a monthly fee to play it.
I think you're getting it mixed up with the Xbox version.....which isn't quite as good. This has an extra episode. This is a PC game. If you're using a PC right now, you can play it for free.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

neoak wrote:And BlueCrab, You have an Intel or PowerPC Mac? I think it works with Parallels now, but i would have to check it out.
Intel. But I don't have a copy of Windows to use for it (and I have no intention of pirating it).
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Too bad this doesn't work with Xbox 360. If it did Id run right out and buy it. From what I seen in the demo it seems like a decent game. Id actually be willing to pay $60 for it, however Im not willing to pay a monthly fee to play it.
I think you're getting it mixed up with the Xbox version.....which isn't quite as good. This has an extra episode. This is a PC game. If you're using a PC right now, you can play it for free.
Is the client a free download?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

ace wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:
Yeah, he linked directly to it in the first post :D
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

BoneyCork wrote:
ace wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:
Yeah, he linked directly to it in the first post :D
Correct. Sega gave the game out for free. They make their money from the subscribers for the official server, especially since there is no offline mode.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I never got what you're supposed to do with this game.
I went to the hunters place, got a quest, went into the warp thing, got one-hit-killed.

How the hell do I ensure something is for my level?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

BoneyCork wrote:I never got what you're supposed to do with this game.
I went to the hunters place, got a quest, went into the warp thing, got one-hit-killed.

How the hell do I ensure something is for my level?
Eh, questing usually isn't best for people to take on alone under level 5 or so. Go to the portal in the town and select Forest and just play through that normally. It's still hard at first, you can die in about 3 hits depending on your class, but it gets easier once you're past lvl 10. Starting the game out is the hardest part of the game. Also note that the game was made for online play, so while it may be a bitch to play alone, with 3 other people it can be quite easy. Even if they're all at your level.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

I'll possibly download later tonoght, and some of us can play together.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Just a warning: the controls suck ass. I have an Xbox to USB adapter, but I'm trying to find a working controller to use it with. I found an old one, but it has a problem where you press A and it thinks you're pressing A, X, and Y. You press Y, it thinks you're pressing Y and A. You press B, it thinks you're pressing A and X, etc. It's probably beyond repair.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

hrmm... a free decent MMORPG?

Sure, I'll give that a go.... we would all be on the same server yeah?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

MulletMan13 wrote:hrmm... a free decent MMORPG?

Sure, I'll give that a go.... we would all be on the same server yeah?
Yep. Just choose the first ship on the list, that's where all the American players go.

I also forgot to mention in the thread title: the creator is VERY strict about cheating. If you drop meseta on the ground, you'll get disconnected. So don't drop your meseta. In Blue Burst when you die, you lose exp instead of dropping your weapon and meseta (as was the case for the DC PSO), so no worries there. Schthack is just afraid of meseta dupers, so don't drop your meseta on the ground. If you're trying to help a friend get some money, give him some items you don't need that he/she can sell.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I tried this server a bit back but gave up on it due to not feeling like slogging through all the grind on the same quests from the start to build myself up to take on the new part. My characters no doubt deleted by now but it wasnt much anyway, server side character saving is a pain a month of no activity & its gone, if it was an easy case of putting the new bits into the old PSO then I'd do that instead with my mighty characters in that version
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Downloading, will give it a go when it's finished downloading :D

I can't edit my hosts file right now though, it won't let me. I could go into safe mode blah blah blah, but I'll just change it while in Linux later on tonight.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

YOU'RE ALL HERETICS (locked)
Last edited by |darc| on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's thinking...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Ummmm... kay.

So, can we set a game up some time?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

ace wrote:Ummmm... kay.

So, can we set a game up some time?
Sure. I'm gonna play mulletman13's Halo 2 setup tonight, and I have work tomorrow night. How about Friday night?