Wii VC cracked

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wii VC cracked

Post by APE »

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=3102

I see no indication it's real as of yet.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Although I'm interested, I'm sure Nintendo will firmware patch it extremely quickly, and I frankly don't want to risk the off-chance that Nintendo might lock out my Wii as a result.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I'm skeptical. I've seen no evidence, no other reports, and hoaxes for things like this are frequently used to spread trojans or just to mess with people (cf. "Team BMM").
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Until Nintendo lowers the price of VC I will stick with my $30 dreamcast and my nesterdc.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Did any of you read that? its just people use GC emulators on Wii to play emulators.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

RMD wrote:Did any of you read that? its just people use GC emulators on Wii to play emulators.
No, it wasn't, but the original post was removed out of controversy
It's thinking...
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

RMD wrote:Did any of you read that? its just people use GC emulators on Wii to play emulators.
That's not what this article was describing; it specifically mentioned getting Virtual Console warez to show up on the Wii Channel interface.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Veggita2099 wrote:Until Nintendo lowers the price of VC I will stick with my $30 dreamcast and my nesterdc.
Seconded. I usually play games I own myself anyway, because emulation of NES games is mainly a nostalgic thing to do, and I'm not going to pay twice. Besides, will the Wii gives you NSF music on the background, savestates, bilinear filtering and frameskipping?

I doubt Nintendo can outdo Scherzo :D
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Cid Highwind wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Until Nintendo lowers the price of VC I will stick with my $30 dreamcast and my nesterdc.
Seconded. I usually play games I own myself anyway, because emulation of NES games is mainly a nostalgic thing to do, and I'm not going to pay twice. Besides, will the Wii gives you NSF music on the background, savestates, bilinear filtering and frameskipping?

I doubt Nintendo can outdo Scherzo :D
The one nice thing is it DOES run it in 480p. So N64 games in particular look much better on it than on the original hardware. No other enhancements, but personally I don't want graphical enhancements.

Also, it does provide suspend save states, meaning you can quit mid game and come back, but no repeated reloading.

But of course, for me personally, every game I'd want on the VC I already own on cart anyway. I may get Bomberman 93 though, as it has 5 player support with Wii remotes or GC controllers, and $6 for a game that can be easily played 5 player isn't bad - and I have a wii remote and 3 GC controllers. Also, I might get Super Mario RPG, haven't decided yet. Cart for it is like $25.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

The only VC titles I'm after are the ones that are cheaper than their cart based counter part. Super Mario RPG is due to go up soon. $30 for a cart, $8 for VC, gee, which is the better deal?
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I personally prefer to have a nice box and stuff like that. Just bought myself the japanese versions of FF4 and FF5, just for the sake of adding them to my collection, and now I can justify to myself that I have the roms :)

8$ for nothing more than 4mb of data is a tad too much imo. They are still snes games, Nintendo doesn't have to any porting at all.

@ Lartrak: I don't have a 480p tv, so it wouldn't really matter to me. And would nes games really benefit from progressive scan? With N64 games, it will probably help, like you said.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Cid Highwind wrote:8$ for nothing more than 4mb of data is a tad too much imo. They are still snes games, Nintendo doesn't have to any porting at all.
You're paying for intellectual property, as well.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.