nullDC released!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

nullDC released!

Post by Quzar »

http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-forum/87 ... a-1-a.html
After maby months of coding, here is the first public beta of nullDC.
Read the ReadME before you ask anything.

Setup (includes all needed runtimes , recomended)
http://emudev.com/funstuff/nullDC_100b1_setup.rar

Plain files :
http://emudev.com/funstuff/nullDC_100b1.rar

oh , and happy april fool's day (make sure to check Google's jokes )

Enjoy

PS. Site/forums should be up within this week
The spiritual successor to both Icarus and Chankast has finally arrived!
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Sweet :D
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

So what is this, some sort of April Fools joke?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

XDelusion wrote:So what is this, some sort of April Fools joke?
No, it is very real, much to my surprise. I tried three games on it earlier (all with the new plugins): what I saw of Dream Studio was perfect, Sonic Adventure had perfect 3D but missed most of the graphics that overlayed the screen, and Resident Evil 2 refused to boot. I didn't spend much time twiddling the settings, however, so perhaps they are able to run better than they were for me.

What impressed me most is that the framerate was perfect on the games that did run, and the overall experience seemed much more polished and complete than Chankast and DEmul.

What this emulator needs is to support raw GD-ROM rips. At the moment, it is possible to construct giant CDI images with something like CDI4DC or bin2boot, but that requires a lot of binary hacking and research for someone not familiar with the process. Additional problems also present themselves when CDDA is required.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

This emulator kick ass :)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

There's actually a *perfect* Dreamcast emulator that's been out for some time now; it just hasn't been getting much attention.

However, the authors are fervently anti-piracy. Since PCs can't read GDs, you're going to have to use your Dreamcast as a disc drive. However, it also lets you access the Dreamcast's controller ports, so you can even use your original gamepads for that "authentic" feeling.

Now, we need a way to get the game data streamed to the PC from the Dreamcast, so what you're going to want to do is go ahead and plug the Dreamcast's AV cables into your TV capture card. That's the only data transfer method currently supported by the emulator. But once you've got that all configured as described, it should work perfectly.

So far, it's played every game I've thrown at it, without any flaws or glitches except the ones in the original game.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

You're so right, DMF. I also struggle to understand the irrationality of these people who are so willing to overlook your suggested alternative. In my opinion, these emulator enthusiasts ought to find a more appropriate place to discuss their hobby than at DCEmulation.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Mark30001
Mark30001
Mark30001

Post by Mark30001 »

az_bont wrote:What this emulator needs is to support raw GD-ROM rips. At the moment, it is possible to construct giant CDI images with something like CDI4DC or bin2boot, but that requires a lot of binary hacking and research for someone not familiar with the process. Additional problems also present themselves when CDDA is required.
If I understand your post, this is already possible.

You'll have to create a .GDI file (basically a text file), and it has to be created in a format similar to this:

Example for NTSC-J Sonic Adventure:

Code: Select all

1 0 0 0 none 0
2 0 0 0 none 0
3 45000 4 2048 FILE0003.DUP 0
Place that .GDI text file in the same directory of your original rips, and you're set!
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

DaMadFiddler wrote:There's actually a *perfect* Dreamcast emulator that's been out for some time now; it just hasn't been getting much attention.

However, the authors are fervently anti-piracy. Since PCs can't read GDs, you're going to have to use your Dreamcast as a disc drive. However, it also lets you access the Dreamcast's controller ports, so you can even use your original gamepads for that "authentic" feeling.

Now, we need a way to get the game data streamed to the PC from the Dreamcast, so what you're going to want to do is go ahead and plug the Dreamcast's AV cables into your TV capture card. That's the only data transfer method currently supported by the emulator. But once you've got that all configured as described, it should work perfectly.

So far, it's played every game I've thrown at it, without any flaws or glitches except the ones in the original game.
Damn, what a great idea. Since you know DC lasers work forever and running warez is the point of emulation OH WAIT.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

DaMadFiddler wrote:There's actually a *perfect* Dreamcast emulator that's been out for some time now; it just hasn't been getting much attention.

Yeah I don't see why we use emulation at all. Site's closed, everyone go home. I'm deleting the FTP tonight.
It's thinking...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

|darc| wrote:

Yeah I don't see why we use emulation at all. Site's closed, everyone go home. I'm deleting the FTP tonight.
WHAT THE HELL! I JUST CONVERTED ALL THE DEVCAT ARTICLES TO .DCE FILES!!!!! YOU OWE ME $195.99!
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I tried this method and it seemed to work ok. I found that the emulator's video greatly improves if you add a VGA box to your DC.
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

DaMadFiddler wrote:plug the Dreamcast's AV cables into your TV capture card.
Oh! Blooding tears.

Use a 14' - 20' CRT TV screen with scart cable instead.

Or a VGA box.

But this solution is HORRIBLE!

And, of course, nobody understand what are you doing here if you don't like emulation :P
atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

dr apocalipsis wrote:And, of course, nobody understand what are you doing here if you don't like emulation :P
Learn to take a joke ;)
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dr apocalipsis »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
dr apocalipsis wrote:And, of course, nobody understand what are you doing here if you don't like emulation :P
Learn to take a joke ;)
Use a TV capture card is not a joke.
Is a crime!!!

atentamente a su ombligo:
el dr. apocalipsis Nil

Don't hesitate about correct my english :oops:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Calavera wrote:

I tried this method and it seemed to work ok. I found that the emulator's video greatly improves if you add a VGA box to your DC.
That's actually how I use my DC. KVM box+vga box+ keyboard adapter.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Can't read GD's? Bummer...
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

MulletMan13 wrote:Can't read GD's? Bummer...
There's always the reverse burn mod.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

STFU DMF, this isn't null... Not quite.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Juan wrote:STFU DMF, this isn't null... Not quite.
Ah, good. Then it's not asking too much for you to be polite ;)

...Seriously, though: How does this end up comparing to Chankast? I poked around with Chankast a little when it first came out, but haven't really bothered since.

Also, it would be really nice (for development purposes) to have a DC emulator that can handle homebrew properly. Save a lot of test discs :P Does this handle KOS stuff any better than Chankast did?