Anyone hacked their phone?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone hacked their phone?

Post by hearld500 »

I've been looking around on the net to see what I can do with my razor...it really surprised me how much there was you can do with them. I was half tempted to reflash to alltell UI from the verizon one so I could get the pictures and videos off it. Little risky for my likeing, so looking around some more, I found a program called 'BitPim' that lets me actually look at the phone's file system.

Anyone else done anything like that?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The only hack I've ever done to my SLVR was make iTunes recognize more than 100 songs. I really don't have any else I really need to do to it. It has full USB support, so I can just straight upload and download everything I need.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

i hacked my sister's razr a while back and stuck a bunch of games on there for her, not much else though. http://www.motomodders.net was helpful.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I play genesis games on my phone.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I deleted most of the content (videos, pictures, MP3 ringtones, games) that came with my SLVR to free up space on it. Most of them could not be deleted from the phone, so I had to do that with a PC and a USB cable. Replaced with my own stuff. I also stripped the Vodafone branding off it, enabled the Java app downloader (which I can't get to work), and tweaked a few settings.

I might have done more, but I didn't really want to brick the phone.

I wiped all the content (including all but one of the MIDI ringtones) from my younger brother's phone. I haven't stripped the Telstra branding off it yet.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I want to be able to import mp3 segments onto my phone to use as ringtones.. is this possible? I have a RAZR.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It is possible, provided you have the right software. Basically, you cut the MP3 up appropriately and maybe downsample it if required, then put it onto the phone. You need a phone with a working USB port (some US providers disable the USB port), a USB cable, and software.

The official software (Motorola PhoneTools - came with my Dad's RAZR, but not with any of the other Motorola phones I have here) works alright, but it's a pain to get it working, and half the time it can't see the phone.

Third-party software can be a bit difficult to get working. Tends to be a bit more reliable than the Motorola stuff, but I can't really recommend anything. The apps I use only run on Linux, so I've not really looked at the Windows ones.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:I want to be able to import mp3 segments onto my phone to use as ringtones.. is this possible? I have a RAZR.
http://www.bitpim.org/ yeah. You can put whole ones on if you want.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

Sweet, i'm totally hacking my razr now, i hate all the cingular crap...
Feel it, Don't think
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i seem hacked my motorola e815 to allow OBEX transfer using bluetooth. this is just a fancy way of saying i can acess my phone as a drive and send objects to or from it. should have been default but verizon has a bad habbit of locking all the usefull features of a phone.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Covar wrote:i seem hacked my motorola e815 to allow OBEX transfer using bluetooth. this is just a fancy way of saying i can acess my phone as a drive and send objects to or from it. should have been default but verizon has a bad habbit of locking all the usefull features of a phone.
Yeah, I quickly found that out. They completely block off bluetooth except for use with their headsets. They tried to block off being able to take pictures off the phone and put ringtones on, but that bitpim program will let you do that.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

Cingular had Video camera locked on my, until my phone broke and i sent it in directly to Motorola for repairs. They must have re-flashed it, because when i got it back i had the video camera feature.
Feel it, Don't think
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by theultimatechuff »

I'm lucky that my network (Vodafone UK) hasn't disabled any features and that my Phone (Nokia N70) runs the flexible Symbian S60 OS so I can do most things via third pary apps. I guess the only real "hack" I have done involved replacing the Vodafone logo with a blank gif file so I have an unspoilt interface.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

i've got an older model motorola... i put sudoku on it and it's probably the most used function on my phone!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I've got an LG VX8100, and I've done quite a bit with it. I love Bitpim. I keep the latest version on my phone's SD card, just in case I'm at a computer that doesn't have an internet connection. It's easily the best program for adding custom ringtones to the VX8100. Being able to do that...and having Lumines Mobile...makes my phone complete :D
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Say, does anyone know if there is a java loader that can be put on verizon phones, or just a place to get games to put on a verizon phone? I havn't come up with much.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

All you people in the US are being taken for fools by all your phone companies...here in the UK, none of our phones have any features disabled or anything. We have network branding but thats it.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Just be careful, read up on all info available, and only try it once you're absolutely sure of what you're doing.

Otherwise, you might screw up your phone real bad. Nothing fatal, but nothing easy to fix, either.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

I have a data cable for my phone, but I can't seem to find any ways to transfer BREW content such as software and games. I have both BitPim and Data Pilot, but neither has an option for that sort of thing.

- Fuzmeister
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I don't think anybody's figured out how to put games on Verizon phones yet. At present, I think your only option is Get it Now.