E3

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

E3

Post by Covar »

E3 starts this wednesday and the press confreneces start monday with sony, followed by nintendo on tuesday. so where is everyone going to be getting their info from and if you plan on watching the confrences, what site are you streaming them from?
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

gamespot

although i probably wont be streaming them real time, server bandwidth might not hold up for pleasant viewing, and more importantly, i have like a 9 hour time difference with GS, so the times might not work out very well for me

last year i watched all three press conferences about a day late or so, still very nice to watch, even though i dont care much for console gaming anymore lately, im still interested in whats gonna happen
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I'm curious to see Sony's redesigned controller...
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Someone on another forum is setting up a bittorrent for the Nintendo stream so I'll jump on that when I get home from school.

I'm excited to see anything about the PS3, and Wii, really. More about the latter cause I can most likely afford it.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I'm curious to see pretty much everything from every developer!
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

atf487 wrote:Someone on another forum is setting up a bittorrent for the Nintendo stream so I'll jump on that when I get home from school.

I'm excited to see anything about the PS3, and Wii, really. More about the latter cause I can most likely afford it.
Link?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:
atf487 wrote:Someone on another forum is setting up a bittorrent for the Nintendo stream so I'll jump on that when I get home from school.

Link?
Yes please :D

I am also curious about everything.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Friend of mine is going to be there recording video for IGN. I'm going to just download whatever he ends up getting.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Crazy Caboose wrote:
Egotistical EvilN wrote:

Link?

http://www.coollist.com/group.cgi?l=wii3latetotheparty

Sign up, and you'll get an email when it's done. It's a nice way to avoid all the spoilers that will inevitably come on the net.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

g4 has some special that they're doing all week, so I'll catch the latest there...

from what I've heard from many,a lot of buzz is around Nintendo for the first time in awhile, and I'm genuinely excited to see what they got. imo, they have the biggest hurdles to overcome this console cycle.

a quote from g4's Adam Sessler, whom I find annoying, was that he thinks the ps3 will end up being a faliure.... :roll:

I signed up to receive the bittorent about ninty, even though I have no idea how to extract/view/whatever with the file and prolly can't use it since I have dialup.. :evil:
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

I'm gonna tune into 4cr, gonintendo, ign, and gamespot.

My internet has been shaky this whole weekend. Better work on monday. Even though i'm a major ninty fanboy, i still wanna know what sony plans on doing.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

What new stuff exactly does Nintendo have to present? Other than some demos for the Wii and probably a solid explanation of the Virtual Console, Nintendo really doesn't have anything that would be earth-shattering at this E3. Most of their secrets have already been revealed.

Personally, the E3 press conference I'm most anticipating is Sony's. Not because I particularly care about Sony, but because it has the most secrets surrounding their system. Nobody knows what direction Sony is taking this system, and they plan to launch it in just a few months time. Sony will have to have their act together and have something truely solid. It should be interesting what rumors become truths at their press conference.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Hopefully I'll be able to get in this year. I didn't register early enough for the pass, my boss is going to check if I can still get one on the day of the showcase.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I hope Bethesda sheds some light on Fallout 3, other than that I couldn't care less about E3.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Besides learning about the new consoles, I can't wait to find out more information about SPORE. Also I'm excited to hear about some of the sleeper hits like when Katamari blew everyone away.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

melancholy wrote:What new stuff exactly does Nintendo have to present? Other than some demos for the Wii and probably a solid explanation of the Virtual Console, Nintendo really doesn't have anything that would be earth-shattering at this E3. Most of their secrets have already been revealed.
Apparently there is something 'big' about the Wii thats yet to be revealed, whioch is why they revealed its name pre-E3, so the 'omg wtf nintendo' threads would have had time to die down by the time they wanted to reveal whatever-it-is, instead of overshadowing it by announcing the name change at E3.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

atf487 wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:
Egotistical EvilN wrote:

Link?

http://www.coollist.com/group.cgi?l=wii3latetotheparty

Sign up, and you'll get an email when it's done. It's a nice way to avoid all the spoilers that will inevitably come on the net.
Thanks! Is there anywhere else where I can download all the videos from the day? I've never done this before =\
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The following E3 stuff is available right now on the XBL Marketplace.

Test Drive Unlimited playable Demo
Poseidon Trailer
Bullet Witch Trailer
Dancing Stage Universe Trailer
Rain Trailer
Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer
John Woo Presents Stranglehold Trailer
Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway Trailer
Battle For Middle Earth 2 Trailer
Dead Rising Trailer (yay! 8-) )
Battlestations: Midway Trailer
NCAA College Hoops 2K7 Trailer
NCAA 07 Football Trailer
Adidas Football Picture Pack
XMen Picture Pack
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Pre-E3 Nintendo news from the latest Time magazine:
Gamasutra wrote: Time's Lev Grossman firstly had a chance to try a new version of Wario Ware for the Wii, and he explains: "In one hot minute, I use the controller to swat a fly, do squat-thrusts as a weight lifter, turn a key in a lock, catch a fish, drive a car, saut? some vegetables, balance a broom on my outstretched hand, color in a circle and fence with a foil. And yes, dance the hula."

Also demonstrated were the Wii-compatible sections of Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which is presumably still also a Gamecube title (though this is not explicitly noted in the story.) It's explained of the gameplay: "Now I?m Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish."

Finally, an un-named tennis game for the Wii is also described, with the gameplay being described as follows: "The controller becomes a racket, and I?m smacking forehands and stroking backhands. The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don?t so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands."

The Time piece on Wii ends with a fascinating quote from Nintendo's Satoru Iwata regarding Wii customers in general, and the 'hardcore gamer' in particular: "[Wii] was unimaginable for them... And because it was unimaginable, they could not say that they wanted it. If you are simply listening to requests from the customer, you can satisfy their needs, but you can never surprise them."

...all of which sounds like a casual gamers thumbs up for the wii
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

well i wont be tracking the sony con live, as its gonna be 1 AM when it starts for me

i will probably follow the nintendo con if i can though, as that will be around 6 pm

ill probably watch em all anyway
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007