Shenmue II...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue II...

Post by Sirmorpheous »

is the so called "European" version in japanese with english sub-titles???if so is there any versions out there besides the "american" version that has english voicings?
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Dreamcast Is Still Alive »

There is no Amrican version of Shenmue 2. The only English is the UK Version with English subtitles. Sega Couldn't afford GOOD English voice talent.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Yep, there won't be a spoken English version of Shenmue II until the XBox version comes out.

It doesn't take long to get used to the subtitles, though, and I think I'm starting to pick up a bit of Japanese. Maybe after I play through the first time I'll play through again with a Japanese <-> English dictionary.
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

dude this way it's way better with that bad voice sampling in shenmue 1 and it gives a more authentic feeling
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
Pinoy2201
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 »

Dude the voice wasnt that bad it was actuall okay but it didnt have feeling when in a Action Scene
Seifer_Almasy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Seifer_Almasy »

I personally like the original japanese voices with subtitles... for any game and for anime series. It's cool :lol:
Pinoy2201
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 »

Seifer_Almasy wrote: I personally like the original japanese voices with subtitles... for any game and for anime series. It's cool :lol:
yea i love it wit subtitles wit english subs when i watch Anime becuase i luagh at the fact that it takes like 5 words to say One English word but i love it becuase they have more feeling when they drive sword in to someonebody when they yell
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

try playing through shenmue 2 then start shenmue 1 in english again.... ugh, not a good idea...in shenmue 2, the people actually sound like what they look like...which adds to one of the things that already made shenmue a hit, realism...
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sirmorpheous »

so overall waht is better....the European version or the Japanese version?
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

But shenmue II takes place in china, to be authentic they should be speaking chinese.

Oh and is it a fact that the xbox version will have english voices, or still just a rumor?
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

overall waht is better....the European version or the Japanese version?
well the euro-version is just the japanese version with the addition of subtitles and a 50Hz option (it auto detects if your tv is 50 or 60 hz though, and vga mode is 60hz)...
But shenmue II takes place in china, to be authentic they should be speaking chinese
actually it would make sense if half the people spoke english also as many in hong kong do (at least taht what the Mak twins in high school told me...thats where they were from), but if we learned anything from martial arts movies, its that the chinese speak japanese and the japanese speak chinese and both are horrible dubbed into english...
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

actually like 15% of the hongkong citizens r english but I never saw any european in hong kong in this game :S
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

i saw a MExican.. so i'm happy.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

the one mexican in the game also speaks japanese (with one word of spanish) for those wondering...
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Xbox will have English speech. In the mean-time consolidate yourself with the wonderful "authentic" European version... ;)

I PREFERED english voices (the same as the first one) but I really don't think it matters too much...

It's still a class game and out-does the first one in terms of graphics and shere scale! :D Buy today! Buy! Buy! BUY! :twisted:
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Chaoticbrad
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Chaoticbrad »

Where can I import the game from?...How much more will the price be? I really wouldn't care what the spoken language would be...As long as I can understand the storyline.
Hey coffee boy, make me some tea with eight sugars! Then throw it out and make it again
because it's just not sweet enough! Then throw that out and make me some coffee because
I hate tea!
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

"Himenezu... GARUSHA!"

http://www.softwarefirst.com, about $51 to import (with cheapest shipping), provide your own boot disc (CDX or Utopia or whatever), and tell them you have a PAL converter in the comment field of the order form.
Chaoticbrad
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Chaoticbrad »

Thanks! :D
Hey coffee boy, make me some tea with eight sugars! Then throw it out and make it again
because it's just not sweet enough! Then throw that out and make me some coffee because
I hate tea!
StraitJack
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by StraitJack »

thanx to sm2 i now know gomen nasai and ORAORA! and also a word for damn what sounds like "ksso"
Jeeba Jabba wrote: Yeah. It is "Laughing out Loud" It was never "Laugh out Loud"
I was on AOL when during the inception of these expressions.
Hong Kong people ?twaaaaa??2002-4-17
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

shenmue 2 is much better than the first. I do miss the crappy voice acting a little I have to admit. Who can forget entering warehouse number 4 and hearing the deep, meaningful, inspiring words of Ryo:

"Ok! Let's get sweaty!"

That was worth the ?30 alone :lol: