Europe way behind the Us in fighting terrorist

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Europe way behind the Us in fighting terrorist

Post by SuperMegatron »

Europe 'lags behind' US on terror
De Hoop Scheffer: Europe should catch up in the fight against terrorism
Europe has not caught up with the US in its response to global terrorism, Nato's secretary general has warned.
Europeans had to go as far as Americans in merging external and internal security, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer said in New York.
A "perception gap" had opened up since the 11 September 2001 attacks, he said.
This difference between the US and its European allies was one reason for the strained relations within Nato, the alliance chief added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4005345.stm
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

That is surely a good thing.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Yes it is surly a good thing. Now lets only hope that the terrorists are smart enough to attack the weaker, less prepared of the two.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

farrell2k wrote:Yes it is surly a good thing. Now lets only hope that the terrorists are smart enough to attack the weaker, less prepared of the two.
I wouldn't wish for such a thing, but I just want to see how all of this plays out. We've already seen what happened in Spain, sadly :(
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

The dutch are now leaving Iraq, too.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

This is a war of good vs evil... and Europe refuses to acknowledge the very concept of evil. :?
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

We've already seen what happened in Spain, sadly
This gets referenced a lot, but are there poll numbers somewhere that suggest that the attack actually had an effect on the election's outcome? Just because people elected the anti-war candidate after the attack doesn't mean that they weren't going to do it already.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
We've already seen what happened in Spain, sadly
This gets referenced a lot, but are there poll numbers somewhere that suggest that the attack actually had an effect on the election's outcome? Just because people elected the anti-war candidate after the attack doesn't mean that they weren't going to do it already.
It doesn't matter. The terrorists are now fully convinced that their bombing campaigns effected Spain's decision to withdrawl from Iraq.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

If they were resolved to vote the other way just to spite the terrorists, doesn't that just open up the door to front groups and reverse psychology tactics?
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Which terrorist, SuperMegatron?
It's thinking...
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

...*sigh*...Like i said before...there is no such thing as ''global terrorism'', otherwise Iceland and Wales should be just as concerned about terrorism as the U.S is. Give me a break, the election is over, you won, spare us the fucking propaganda for sh1t's sake.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yes it is surly a good thing. Now lets only hope that the terrorists are smart enough to attack the weaker, less prepared of the two.
Don't say stuff like that.

Terrorism is one of the few things I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I don't want to see this play out.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

MystiK wrote:...*sigh*...Like i said before...there is no such thing as ''global terrorism'', otherwise Iceland and Wales should be just as concerned about terrorism as the U.S is. Give me a break, the election is over, you won, spare us the fudging propaganda for sh1t's sake.
The bbc is propaganda now....read the link no mention of any republican or democrat policy it just talks about Europe being behind the United States in the war on terror.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

The bbc is propaganda now....read the link no mention of any republican or democrat policy it just talks about Europe being behind the United States in the war on terror.
the bbc is probably the only news org i trust. what is propaganda is overstating the seriousness of this like if bush is right when he talks about the ''global terrorist threat''. I'm just assuming you are because you are indeed a bush supporter. If not then nevermind.

I think that half of europe has nothing to fear in terms of terrorism. Liechtenstein...Hungary...Greenland....do u think they give a fuck about Al-Qaeda and vice-versa??
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

MystiK wrote:I think that half of europe has nothing to fear in terms of terrorism. Liechtenstein...Hungary...Greenland....do u think they give a fudge about Al-Qaeda and vice-versa??
They may not face a direct attack but a attack on America or europes major powers in this time of globalization will hurt them as well and vice versa.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

MystiK wrote:the bbc is probably the only news org i trust.
You trust a news orginisation that calls terrorists 'militants'? a term which by the way puts them in the same catagory as striking tube workers, described many times as militants in the past
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

You trust a news orginisation that calls terrorists 'militants'?
The term "terrorist" is highly subjective and emotionally loaded. Fine for editorializing, but I can see why an honest news organization would decline to use it in reporting.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
You trust a news orginisation that calls terrorists 'militants'?
The term "terrorist" is highly subjective and emotionally loaded. Fine for editorializing, but I can see why an honest news organization would decline to use it in reporting.
I agree. Remember when we called the mujahadeen "freedom fighters"?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Hawq wrote:You trust a news orginisation that calls terrorists 'militants'?
You know, the sick thing is... everybody does it! :evil:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

You trust a news orginisation that calls terrorists 'militants'? a term which by the way puts them in the same catagory as striking tube workers, described many times as militants in the past
exactly. note :

militant -
Having a combative character; aggressive, especially in the service of a cause

terrorist -
a radical who employs terror as a political weapon

interchanging the two is like calling anyone who is ''slim'', ''sexy'' and vice-versa. You're ADDING to the facts.

The BBC classfying insurgents as insurgents or militants rather than terrorists/killers/brutes/thugs/any noun that fox news uses is probably the MAIN reason why i trust them. Let ME call them terrorists based on ur reporting, don't try to inject sh1t into my head.