Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, despite my earlier enthusiasm I just ended up deleting Ni No Kuni (all 22GB of it) before completing it as I needed the HDD space.

It was a difficult decision as I was so hyped for it and started falling in love with it early on but I haven't touched it for two months, gave it another chance and got bored quite quickly.

It's such a charming and wonderfully presented game but...the story dries up, the gameplay never peaks and it's just really lazily designed at times. :(
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

Specially Cork wrote:Ni No Kuni
holy shit I am very impressed by the visuals!
Insane homebrew collector.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Ace Attorny Trilogy HD (iPad)

It's not that HD and the artwork looks pretty lazy to me, but despite liking Phoenix Wright I never even beat the first game and it was difficult to turn down the whole set for £12.

Star Wars: KOTOR (iPad)

Again, I liked what I played years ago but never beat it. Thought it was worth a punt for £7.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

I haven't bought a 3DS game in almost a year so I'm trying to catch up now. With that said though, the only other new game I'm really interested in is Luigi's Manision. I'm not sure why everyone now loves this handheld. What else am I missing? Is it because I don't like Monster Hunter? :P
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

BlueCrab wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:There's also supposedly a Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 HD version in the works...
I still haven't finished the second one. I just couldn't get into it, even though I got it on release day. The first one, however, is one of top 5 favorite JRPGs to this day.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/01/ta ... t-in-2014/
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Specially Cork wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:There's also supposedly a Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 HD version in the works...
I still haven't finished the second one. I just couldn't get into it, even though I got it on release day. The first one, however, is one of top 5 favorite JRPGs to this day.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/01/ta ... t-in-2014/
Well... At least it isn't coming out here until 2014. Perhaps I'll get enough time to beat some of the other Tales games that have piled up on my stack of games to play first...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

Specially Cork wrote:Ace Attorny Trilogy HD (iPad)

It's not that HD and the artwork looks pretty lazy to me, but despite liking Phoenix Wright I never even beat the first game and it was difficult to turn down the whole set for £12.
I realize they had a massive amount of artwork they had to trace into HD, but even then the whole package feels rushed. Everyone has a heavy dose of the Photoshop smudge tool, the text is hard to read sometimes, and despite being completely in 2D, the menus and interface are extremely sluggish. The options menu alone acts like it's using all the phone's processing power just to move up and down through the menu.

Still, while not exactly great, it's isn't a bad package for $17. You get all 3 games, including the DS-only bonus case, for less than just one of those games on Amazon (Justice for All still runs around $40). I'm on the fence about buying it, since I own all the DS versions, but I probably will just to play it in a different light (and because I'm a crazed fan of the series). It'll be my third playthrough of them (4th playthrough of the first game), so I'm interested to see some of the new character details.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

dchbstuff.jpg
Got some great new DC stuff in this week!

Geist Force, Sturmwind, Wind and Water Puzzle Battles, Feet of Fury, Maqiupai, Cool Herders, Inhabitants, and Irides: Master of Blocks!
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

That's one hell of a stack. I'm planning to get Sturmwind and GunLord with my next paycheck.

...Who is publishing Geist Force, and why have I not heard of this?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

DaMadFiddler wrote:That's one hell of a stack. I'm planning to get Sturmwind and GunLord with my next paycheck.

...Who is publishing Geist Force, and why have I not heard of this?

Geist Force was an official game that was cancelled. Recently a GD-R beta version of it was purchased through a fundraiser at AssemblerGames forums, and they hacked the GD-R to uncover some additional material and make the game work more properly. Those who donated to the fundraiser got a pressed copy of the game. Only like 200 copies were made, but it's online to download as well.
It's thinking...
Christuserloeser

DaMadFiddler wrote:...Why have I not heard of this?
We had still got these stupid rules in place....
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Christuserloeser wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:...Why have I not heard of this?
We had still got these stupid rules in place....
I'll tell you, that's probably been one of the roughest things getting re-involved here.

I was absent from the DC scene for about four years, due in part to my Dreamcast collection being stolen.

Coming back and trying to jump back in after such a long absence... it's really hard to find out what's happened in the interim, or even what's out there and how/where to get it. Plus, most of the Mac software was designed for PPC machines and won't work on recent version of OS X.

And if I didn't have history and experience in the scene, I think I would have been completely lost.

So, anyway... who's selling Geist Force? ;)
Christuserloeser

I can imagine. But I am not sure you got what I was referring to ? Stormwatch made a thread about Geist Force when it was announced but as it was against the rules so the thread was deleted. I only heard about it because I was visiting some other Dreamcast forum at the time (and found the thread in our Deletion forum).
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Ah, fair enough.

The videos I've found make it look like the game is still pretty unfinished, anyway.

The only unfinished game I'd truly love to get my hands on is Castlevania Resurrection... though it's not even clear whether that game was in a playable state at the time of its cancellation.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PS3)
Christuserloeser

|darc| wrote:Got some great new DC stuff in this week!

Geist Force, Sturmwind, Wind and Water Puzzle Battles, Feet of Fury, Maqiupai, Cool Herders, Inhabitants, and Irides: Master of Blocks!
I'll also recommend Rush Rush Rally Racing (by Senile Team of Beats of Rage fame), and ngdevteam's games, especially GunLord, Fast Striker and Last Hope: Pink Bullets.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I've already ordered R4, and I'll probably get the other three as well as Dux sometime soon. I've spent a lot of money lately. ;)
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

If you're interested, NG.DEV Direct has the "Newcomers" package back in stock, which gives you GunLord, Fast Striker, and Last Hope for about $85. If you only want one or two of those games, it's still cheaper to buy individually, but if you are planning to get all three anyway, it will save you some money.

Just ordered GunLord and Sturmwind through Play-Asia, and Arkham City and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed through Amazon. The lattermost is something that wouldn't even be on my radar, but the first one got pretty good reviews, and multiple reviewers have said that the latest one actually out-MarioKarts MarioKart.

Now, I just have to wait for the GOAT Store to restock their SD adapters.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Awesome, I didn't realize they had that bundle. I was about to spend way more at Play-Asia. I went ahead and ordered them, thanks!

Now the only indie games I don't have are Dux, Dux 1.5, the original Last Hope, and Frog Feast (which I couldn't care less about).
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Christuserloeser wrote:
|darc| wrote:Got some great new DC stuff in this week!

I'll also recommend Rush Rush Rally Racing (by Senile Team of Beats of Rage fame), and ngdevteam's games, especially GunLord, Fast Striker and Last Hope: Pink Bullets.
Beware Fast-striker is available for a dollar or something on Apple's App store
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Animal Crossing New Leaf