Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by melancholy »

I finally got Persona 4 Golden, so we'll see what all the fuss is about.

And on an unrelated note, Assassin's Creed 3 is the most boring AC I've ever played. I'm halfway through, and I can't bring myself to continue playing. There is no way I will ever pick up the 4th game at this rate. The series needed to end with Ezio.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Found a copy of Shining Force 2 at a thrift store today. It's pretty ridiculous.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Found a copy of Shining Force 2 at a thrift store today. It's pretty ridiculous.
Definitely one of my favorite 16-bit era games.

Oh, and Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, B, Hold Start. That is all.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:And on an unrelated note, Assassin's Creed 3 is the most boring AC I've ever played. I'm halfway through, and I can't bring myself to continue playing. There is no way I will ever pick up the 4th game at this rate. The series needed to end with Ezio.
Thought you might feel that way. A shame because on paper it had the potential to be absolutely brilliant. Another forum I visit voted this the most disappointing game of this gen. In terms of expectation and what was actually delivered I'd probably agree.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Injustice: Gods Among Us. (Toys 'R' Us had it on sale for $35.)

This is one of the best fighting games I've ever played, and it's probably got THE best single-player outside of Smash Bros.

- The gameplay is pretty deep; there are a lot of elements to learn and balance, and you definitely won't get anywhere button-mashing.

- The environments are rich and interactive, and have a significant impact on the fight.

- The writing is top-notch. The story mode is actually worth playing, not just for the single-player experience, but for the actual story and the dialogue. Lots of clever little references to DC continuity and one-liners that are actually funny.

- The voice-acting is also excellent. Kevin Conroy always hits it out of the park as Batman, Adam Baldwin is a great Green Lantern, and I don't know who their Joker is, but he's doing a very interesting hybrid of Mark Hamill Joker and Cesar Romero Joker. There hasn't been a single character so far who had a mismatched voice or whose performance felt phoned in.

- A good-sized (if not terribly extensive) roster, with well-balanced characters and a wide variety of moves and styles.

- Lots of modes and options. In addition to traditional multiplayer and story mode, there are also mission packs and other little extras that make it a nice, rounded package.

It's sad that a fighting game has both better writing and better voice acting than pretty much all of the DC animated movies of the last 10 years.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Fez

Wanted this since it first dropped onto 360 last year but had to give it a miss as my Xbox isn't hooked up to the net due to erm...China reasons. Thankfully it's on PC now. Anyway, I'm absolutely in love with it. As with Portal 2 - I love it when a developer squeezes everything out of a gameplay "gimmick" and the size of the world amazes me every time I walk though a door.

Farcry 3: Blood Dragon

I had to get this because I absolutely love the 80s theme, the music, and FC3 was...okay. Same thing here really. It's fun to kill a bit of time, but the open-world content is just meh.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) - $20
PSN cards to buy bikini and bunny girl add-on packs - $40
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Preordered a copy of the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia (PS3).

Took me long enough to find somewhere to get the Collector's Edition and not just the regular edition...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

BlueCrab wrote:Preordered a copy of the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia (PS3).

Took me long enough to find somewhere to get the Collector's Edition and not just the regular edition...
Can't wait for this game. Tales games are guilty of many gaming crimes, but I do not give a bollocks because that battle-system is amazingly fun and in an era where the JRPG is almost dead it's nice to have an IP sticking to its roots. You know what you're gonna get. I'm currently replaying Tales of Graces.

There's also supposedly a Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 HD version in the works...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Specially Cork wrote:There's also supposedly a Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 HD version in the works...
I still haven't finished the second one. I just couldn't get into it, even though I got it on release day. The first one, however, is one of top 5 favorite JRPGs to this day.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BlueCrab wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:There's also supposedly a Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 HD version in the works...
I still haven't finished the second one. I just couldn't get into it, even though I got it on release day. The first one, however, is one of top 5 favorite JRPGs to this day.
In addition to being a pale imitation of the first, the second one was very glitchy. It froze with disappointing frequency. Eva got to the very end of the game--right before the final boss fight--and the game froze while it was saving, thus corrupting her file. She got rid of it after that.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

In the past week I've bought a few Dreamcast things: Alien Front Online (sealed with mic), bleem GT2/MGS/TK3 (all sealed), the Dreamcast Karaoke add-on, and a Dreameye camera.
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

How much did AFO run you?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:How much did AFO run you?
I was actually just looking for a microphone to mess around with Seaman, but the auctions for the Seaman complete were much more expensive and loose microphones were about the same price as AFO with missing or dirty foam things... so I bought AFO sealed for $20, haha.

The Dreameye camera was $50 (though shipping from Japan was another $25) and the Karaoke add-on was $140 (with expensive shipping from Japan as well). Neither of them were sealed but they were all in perfect condition with all the original manuals, inserts, stickers unused, and kept in the original plastic with original zip ties holding cables together etc. Basically it looks like someone opened them, looked at them, and then put it all back in the box the exact way they came.

The sealed bleems were $10 apiece.

Oh, and I also bought two European DC controllers (same as US controllers, just blue logo instead of red) new in box for $20 total.
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I played through Seaman entirely again in 09 when I lived with Brandon. He really couldn't handle how creepy it was, so I made sure to make my conversations with fishy Jeeba as extensive as possible.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I played through Seaman entirely again in 09 when I lived with Brandon. He really couldn't handle how creepy it was, so I made sure to make my conversations with fishy Jeeba as extensive as possible.
Hahaha. I never owned a microphone before so I've barely played it, but after seeing some videos of it on YouTube I had to give it a go. Some of the videos were making me laugh so hard I was almost crying.
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Changing the topic, that copy of Persona 4 I bought was a mistake. I can't sleep because I spend all night playing that game and when I do sleep, I dream about the game. It has engulfed my life in ways that I never imagined it would. Worse gaming addiction I've had in years.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Damn. /r/vita raves about it, but I didn't think I'd be able to get past the teenybopper anime shit. I may have to finally buy it for my Vita.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Maybe get the original on PS2? Its one of my favorite games of all time, although I find it has next to no replay value because the overworld stuff is pretty dull second time around.

That said, I want to play the Vita version but I can't bring myself to buy one just for that. And I mean, it's looking like it would literally be just for that. Ever.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Blood Dragon and Bioshock Infinite..gave me hope for FPS