Shatner to appear on Enterprise...if paramount can afford it

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shatner to appear on Enterprise...if paramount can afford it

Post by SuperMegatron »

trektoday.com
August 16, 2004 - 4:29 PM

While the fandom continues to buzz over the possibility of William Shatner (James T. Kirk) appearing on Star Trek: Enterprise, it looks like money might be the deciding factor in the deal.

At his official website, WilliamShatner.com, Shatner posted that the executives at Paramount may have balked at his asking price for an appearance. "Paramount and I have had one discussion about my appearing on Enterprise," Shatner wrote. "I mentioned money and they stopped calling."

Paramount appears to be considering ponying up the cash for Shatner. An ad that was apparently a research tool to test audience interest recently ran in the CBS Television City Research Center in the MGM hotel in Las Vegas (story). The ad featured Shatner and suggested he would be appearing in a two-part Enterprise episode this fall.

Rick Berman recently told the Star Trek: Communicator that Shatner's appearance on Enterprise was something he was really hoping for. "We are hopfully going to have some discussions with our dear friend Mr. Shatner, and perhaps come up with a small arc that will involve him," Berman said.

In a recent article in Star Trek Magazine (via Sci Fi Pulse), Shatner appeared more optimistic about a potential guest spot on Enterprise. "When Rick Berman broached the subject I said, 'it's possible if you have the time and you have the money,'" Shatner commented. "He said, 'Well, I've got the money'. So we'll see. I don't know if he's still got the money and I'm going to be pretty busy, but I have a couple of ideas about how to make it work."

In the meantime, Shatner has been focusing on his writing. He's currently working on Captain's Glory, the follow-up to his recent novel Captain's Blood, with his co-authors Judith Reeves Stevens and Garfield Reeves Stevens. "Captain's Glory is a two-page outline in my files right now," he said. "We'll start work on that soon. We thought we could do the ideas we had in Captain's Blood, as the one novel, but the ideas got so large that we decided that the second half of Captain's Blood would make Captain's Glory. We'll get working on that one soon."

For more from Shatner, please visit Sci Fi Pulse, or pick up a copy of Star Trek Magazine, available in the UK and U.S.

Also a CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fan? Then visit CSIFiles.com!
Discuss this news item at Trek BBS!
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

shatner is being unreasonable, i think he is charging them by the kilo.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Shatner isn't that popular of a actor. Really other then Star Trek he wasn't in anything else that was really good. Sure he should be paid, but I imagine he expects a unreasonable amount.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I must correct you here, Shatner was in one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever, Terror at 20,000 Feet (or was it 10,000? its been a bit of time)
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Hawq wrote:I must correct you here, Shatner was in one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever, Terror at 20,000 Feet (or was it 10,000? its been a bit of time)
"Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"
It's thinking...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

|darc| wrote:
Hawq wrote:I must correct you here, Shatner was in one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever, Terror at 20,000 Feet (or was it 10,000? its been a bit of time)
Is that the one where they are in a plane and they have to burn money and stuff to keep whats in the plane away from them.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

SuperMegatron wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Is that the one where they are in a plane and they have to burn money and stuff to keep whats in the plane away from them.
It's the one where the main character keeps seeing a guy on the wing of the plane trying to disable the plane but no one else sees it.
It's thinking...
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

|darc| got it in one, though how the monster gets back on the wing after jumping off a few times I dont know, never figured that one out
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Hurricane Hasney? wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Shatner isn't that popular of a actor. Really other then Star Trek he wasn't in anything else that was really good. Sure he should be paid, but I imagine he expects a unreasonable amount.
Yeah, but it's Shatner in Star Trek again. The fanboys will send ratings through the roof so he probably is worth the cash in this instance
i would see it. but how would they fit an older kirk in the enterprise timeline? the enterprise goes into the nexus maybe.

i think it would be easier to get patrick stewart to appear on the show. at least picard never got stuck in infinity.

slightly off topic: what crew will they use in the next star trek movie? i'm hoping for a ds9 movie, but i think i might be in the minority.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Hawq wrote:|darc| got it in one, though how the monster gets back on the wing after jumping off a few times I dont know, never figured that one out
It's the Twilight Zone.
It's thinking...
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

kirk would be cool, he need to star in a enw star trek they ca just get him from the nexus :)
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

sounds like a desperate grab for ratings. i mean, havent they mucked up the history of star trek enough as it is with enterprise? ive heard rumors that its gonna be the last trek series for a while.

as for that twilight zone ep with shatner being the best.. there were MUCH better twilight zone eps made then that one, though it was one of the better ones.. the guy who liked to read books. the beauty is skin deep episode. the irony of the world being destroyed by the sun. damn that was a great show....
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

weeperofsouls wrote:sounds like a desperate grab for ratings. i mean, havent they mucked up the history of star trek enough as it is with enterprise? ive heard rumors that its gonna be the last trek series for a while.

as for that twilight zone ep with shatner being the best.. there were MUCH better twilight zone eps made then that one, though it was one of the better ones.. the guy who liked to read books. the beauty is skin deep episode. the irony of the world being destroyed by the sun. damn that was a great show....

yeah it was. I want to get the Twilight Zone DVD box set, but its several hundred dollars.
It's thinking...
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Shatner was in two different Twilight Zone episodes. As well as the famous plane one, he was also in a later episode where he became obsessed with a machine that could read fortunes in a diner.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

1LINUXuser wrote: i would see it. but how would they fit an older kirk in the enterprise timeline? the enterprise goes into the nexus maybe.
They're doing a mini-arc next season with Brent Spiner playing an ancestor of Dr. Soong. They could do something similar with Shatner.
1LINUXuser wrote:slightly off topic: what crew will they use in the next star trek movie? i'm hoping for a ds9 movie, but i think i might be in the minority.
Yeah, I'd like to see the DS9 storyline picked up again, but I don't think a movie would work. It'd never appeal to anyone but DS9 fans simply because 2/3 of the movie would have to be exposition.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

az_bont wrote:Shatner was in two different Twilight Zone episodes. As well as the famous plane one, he was also in a later episode where he became obsessed with a machine that could read fortunes in a diner.
Yeah, I remember that one.
It's thinking...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

1LINUXuser wrote: slightly off topic: what crew will they use in the next star trek movie? i'm hoping for a ds9 movie, but i think i might be in the minority.
The new rumor around the net is a animated trek either for a cartoon network series or for a movie. The rumor states paramount wants to make the move to cut cost,build a following,& profit from a new toy line. There was talk a few years ago about another TOS movie that would take place prior to the undiscovered country but the TOS cast decided they didn't think it was right to replace mccoy
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

im glad to see im not the only one who had an appreciation for DS9. that was like the star trek soap opera, but it worked.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yeah, I'd like to see the DS9 storyline picked up again, but I don't think a movie would work. It'd never appeal to anyone but DS9 fans simply because 2/3 of the movie would have to be exposition.
Wouldn't work. Unlike TNG, they wrapped DS9 up pretty completely at the end. Sisko and Duakt are both dead, and won't be coming back any time soon, most of the other main characters left in the final episode, the Dominion isn't a threat anymore, and pretty much every other loose end was tied up.

That said, the writers of the other Star Trek stuff don't seem to have any trouble at all pulling off sequels where they shouldn't do, so you never know.