Rise & Fall A GTA Clone for Sega's Dreamcast.

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rise & Fall A GTA Clone for Sega's Dreamcast.

Post by U.2.K. »

I just started to talk about this over the past few days around the internet, about how im bringing the dreamcast back in a softcore way. Meaning yes, me(idea behind the games), other people making the games for the system. Im not taking about demos or homebrew type games, im talking about full games in the form of Capcoms spawn or gta or nfl2k2 type games.

At this time there is no news or pics of any of the 230 games that we are working on. In the couple months im only releasing the box covers or front cover of 14 of the 230 games planned for the dreamcast. On each box cover, the title reads: "THE REBIRTH OF THE SEGA DREAMCAST"

We are selling the games for 10 - 15 bucks over the internet. This whole project that we are working on, will not be complete till 3 - 4 years from now, maybe sooner. The first game that "im" releasing for the dreamcast is a GTA CLONE, title The Rise & Fall.

Im working on my site(had to change severs), its not no cool looking site, but its alright and it should be finsh real soon. So i will post a link in the future and yall can look at the covers for the first 14 games that is planned for the dreamcast. Also remember this a future project, therefore you wont see any of this games on sale till about 2 - 3 years from now.

Also once i start to sell the games, if i see any sign of people copying any of the 230 games that we put out, i will canned the whole thing. You want'em, you buy'em. Its only 10 bucks and some are 15, thats pretty cheap if you ask me.

And btw, im not working on the games. I paid people who is in the game business(yes believe it) to create games for the dreamcast. We had a plan to release 400 games, but the first plan is to release 230 games. Just call them hardcore sega fans who hated that the dreamcast died so early. I havent talked with sega about this, i know sooner or later i have to. Thats in the works tho. LOL

So the bottom line is, Do not throw away your dreamcast, please keep it, cause the future looks bright 8-)
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Please forgive me for being skeptical about this, but it sounds boaderline illegitimate...
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Please forgive me for being skeptical about this, but it sounds boaderline illegitimate...

AAHAAAAAHAHLMAO. :roll:
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

And that is funny for what reason?
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

blah.. blah.. blah.. blah..
blah..
blah..
blah.. blah.. blah..

Who actually wants a GTA clone anyway! :twisted:
Dust on the Dreamcast
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

It sounds funny, because its not illegal. Im pretty sure you will see this infomation in all of the game magz by mid next year. This is a reality, this aint no illegal thing man. I have plans to release the games in stores, and not just online from the site.

If you think its illegal, thats your problem man. Im out!

peace!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I didn't mean illegal per se, I meant it just sounds a little "off" and unbelieveable.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

mkjones wrote:blah.. blah.. blah.. blah..
blah..
blah..
blah.. blah.. blah..

Who actually wants a GTA clone anyway! :twisted:

Thats the title of the forum for one game that is planned for the dreamcast. As i mention its 230 of them in the works :) I liked the dreamcast so much and i was sad that it died so early, so i paid some people who are in the game business and we all agree that creating some dc games for the dreamcast for the sega fans would be a great idea. The GTA Clone is just one of the games, but the first 14 games that is planned for release is cool.

The Rise and Fall is the main project(I really enjoyed gta III and Vice city on the pc and xbox). But other great titles should follow right after. We plan to release all 14 at one time.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

|ace| wrote:I didn't mean illegal per se, I meant it just sounds a little "off" and unbelieveable.

Oh its cool. I have said a lot of things all over the net. Things like i have plans to change the world in the near future. a lot of people on the net hate me because of that, that dont believe me. But again they aint knowing! and now i mention the thing about the dreamcast and you said its sounds unbelieveable. But trust me, everything i said is real. It just takes time to do big things.

peace!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Well, I wont be like some people may be and ask you a barrage of questions, I will just let you do your thing, and post your posts. If it turns out real then thats good, if it turns out fake, then I wont really care because I have no personal stake in the project.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

maybe it would sound more real if you said you first plan to release one game and see how it sells before making some more.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Is this the same GTA clone naked guy was pimping a while back?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

rofl at "naked guy" [aka mink]. That was allegedly being made by a guy name kobe jones iirc. If I am right then I have a great memory!
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

The way you present yourself doesn't seem all too professional. Not meant to be a flame, but how do you suppose we're going to beleive you? You're all over things. Talking about releasing this and that, talking to sega, finishing your website, etc. If you're going to rerelease/remake all these games, then I'd imagine the first step would be tooo...... devise a first step. :?
Wsttrollboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Wsttrollboy »

I thought kobe was doing sound (better memory)
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Yea |ace| your right, also U.2.K, good luck on this but do you have any screen shots or any other info for us?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Apollo Blue
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Apollo Blue »

I'm all for bringing back the dreamcast, but if you plan on releasing all these games in 2-4 years, how exactly are you going to compete with Playstation 3 and whatever else the gaming industry has in store for us? Won't it be a bit hard competing against major companies?
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

I'm all for bringing back the dreamcast, but if you plan on releasing all these games in 2-4 years, how exactly are you going to compete with Playstation 3 and whatever else the gaming industry has in store for us? Won't it be a bit hard competing against major companies?

Oh no, this aint about trying to bring back the dreamcast hardcore or nothing. IM not trying to compete with the xbox or psx2 or gamecube. This project is aim at Sega fans, hardcore sega/xbox/dreamcast fans. It would be impossible for me to ask sega to make more dreamcast systems lol. But to make games , if you have the right people and the right sources and the money(which i do), then its easy to make dc games from time to time. This is a like a big project , but small type of deal.

Everybody wants to keep the dc system alive, then im all for it. This is what this whole project is really about.
OminaeYu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by OminaeYu »

U.2.K. wrote:I just started to talk about this over the past few days around the internet, about how im bringing the dreamcast back in a softcore way.
Its a little more than softcore I think since your planning on releasing 230 freaking games.
U.2.K. wrote:In the couple months im only releasing the box covers or front cover of 14 of the 230 games.
Well anyone can throw together a box cover in photoshop that doesn't mean they can do what you promise.
U.2.K. wrote:Im working on my site(had to change severs), its not no cool looking site, but its alright and it should be finsh real soon. So i will post a link in the future and yall can look at the covers for the first 14 games that is planned for the dreamcast. Also remember this a future project, therefore you wont see any of this games on sale till about 2 - 3 years from now.
So whats the point of announcing your plans if you cant back up your claims with screenshots or a proper website thus wasting mine and everyone elses time.
U.2.K. wrote:Also once i start to sell the games, if i see any sign of people copying any of the 230 games that we put out, i will canned the whole thing. You want'em, you buy'em. Its only 10 bucks and some are 15, thats pretty cheap if you ask me.
You might as well scrap your "Dreamcast Rebirth" project now because its almost guaranteed that your games will be copied since you'll have to use mil cd's since GD-Roms and Writers are not made anymore nor are they easy to find thus defeating the purpose.
U.2.K. wrote:And btw, im not working on the games. I paid people who is in the game business(yes believe it) to create games for the dreamcast. We had a plan to release 400 games, but the first plan is to release 230 games. Just call them hardcore sega fans who hated that the dreamcast died so early. I havent talked with sega about this, i know sooner or later i have to. Thats in the works tho. LOL
Your not related to anyone named Timothy Roberts are you?
U.2.K. wrote:So the bottom line is, Do not throw away your dreamcast, please keep it, cause the future looks bright 8-)
I wasn't planning on throwing out my Dreamcast before you announced your "little" project nor do I plan on throwing it out after your "little" project is proven false/falls flat on its face.

Finally by your typing style, grammar and spelling I'd say your no older than 17 so unless you can back up your claims with atleast a proper website on a host other that that which is free thus proving you have money and some sort of drive to see this through your wasting out time as I've said before.
:cowsleep:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Is this supposed to be a GTA clone or a GTA3 clone? GTA2 was already on the DC. How many people do you have working with you that you think you can make 230 production quality games in 2-4 years? That is like Atari in its heyday, but you are saying 3d games and such...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man