EarthBound MOD?????

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
TomGarrickson
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EarthBound MOD?????

Post by TomGarrickson »

Do any of you people remember the SNES game EarthBound? (check out http://www.starmen.net for a reminder). I'm thinking of doing an EarthBound BOR mod, but first I would like to know if there is any interest. I mean, c'mon, wouldn't it be sweet to see Mr. Saturn kick some Happy-happyist booty?
"..."
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

NO!
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

and mooooooore thing!
this is the BOR forum! NOT THE DEVELOPMENTAL IDEAS FORUM!!!
meaning that if you are creating a BOR Mod then you post here.
if you want someone to make a game for you, port a game for you, or just bring up a game that you might think is cool for playing on the DC then you post at the Developmental Ideas Forum.

ok?

--now bring Uncle some tea!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Yes, this is the BOR forum, which makes his post somewhat appropriate being here. Posting twice in a row is however is somewhat less appropriate, especially with the convenient edit button.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

stfu, q_006.

Earthbound pwns.
It's thinking...
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I agree. It's a good game but not for BoR.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

well put |darc|, well put indeed.
chamoo232
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by chamoo232 »

and how in the world can it be possible , there is no battle sprite for any charater , only walking , even the enemy dont have moves. a chrono trigger mod would be better cauz there is a lot of sprites to use
Nerds and fratboys are mortal enemies. Like Jews and Arabs, Jedi and Sith, and of course, spaghetti and milk.
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

what about secret of mana?
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

....same thing lv.10
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

oh! sorry
chamoo232
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by chamoo232 »

useless posting again
Nerds and fratboys are mortal enemies. Like Jews and Arabs, Jedi and Sith, and of course, spaghetti and milk.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

indeed.
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

well of course.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Shall we let the thread die in peace ladies and gentlemen?
TomGarrickson
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TomGarrickson »

Huh. I'm disappointed that none of you people are really interested in my idea, but that's life I guess. But I am especially disappointed with this reply:

"and how in the world can it be possible , there is no battle sprite for any charater , only walking , even the enemy dont have moves. a chrono trigger mod would be better cauz there is a lot of sprites to use"

So many people who create mods for BOR are simply stealing sprites from other games instead of creating their own, which I understand keeps the feel of that game (i.e. the mortal kombat mod, the tmnt mod), but that doesn't really use the BOR editing program to its full creative potential. And, in many cases, "sprite borrowing" just looks a little silly... the "borrowed" character sprites on some mods which are being developed really don't look good at all because the sprites are far too small (I won't point any fingers at specific mods, I think it's quite obvious ).

I was planning on drawing my own EarthBound sprites which I thought would add something fresh to the BOR mod world while still containing some earthboundy flavor for those EB fans who have waited forever for Nintendo to release a sequel.
If you guys don't think it would work because the fighting genre doesn't mix well with earthbound's quirky world, then I guess I'll just have to prove you guys wrong. That only makes the challenge of animating my own sprites more fun! I agree to an extent that it would be strange, but hey, has anybody ever played super smash bros.? People were skeptical when the original was announced, but look how well it's done!

It will be difficult to make an earthbound BOR mod work well in terms of capturing the feel of both BOR and EB successfully, but I believe it can be done. If it doesn't, then well, at least I tried something unique.

As for this post not being in the "developmental ideas forum", well, I'm so sorry to accidently post in the wrong section. I didn't mean to shake up your little world of organized internet forums. Honestly, lighten up. It's a sunny day today, why don't you go outside?

Let's let this thread die.
"..."
chamoo232
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by chamoo232 »

sorry if I hurt your feeling , my point is that earthbound was not great enough to make a bor mod (my personal feeling) and if you said sonicXbattle has ugly little sprites , ill tell you something , I prefer to have little sprites than big pixelated sprites
Tom1982
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Tom1982 »

I loved Earthbound.

LMFAO Smelly Ghost, Unassuming Local Guy, the enemies were hilarious.
you can shoot people's head's off, beat them to death, steal their money, steal their car, and cuss at them ( all in gta's ), but you cant call a robot jewish. ~DcSteve~
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

If you make all the sprites yourself, then it would be possible. However, like many have said, simply ripping / borrowing the sprites will not work due to the fact that there is no battle sprites for the main characters of the game. I wouldnt mind see'ing an earthbound mod, but im curious as to what it would actually look like, and it would fit in with the way the engine of the game is designed.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I agree with Ninja. We could see a good game based on Earthbound with Age of the Beast coming out because you can use power and stuff. Maybe then, you could try it out. We were not trying to "diss" your idea or anything. We were just thinking by what was under the circumstances. That's all :D PSI Fire!