Dear Newbs, DONT SELL THIS STUFF!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dear Newbs, DONT SELL THIS STUFF!

Post by deived »

I told a friend of mine (more of an aquintance really) about NesterDC and he was real excited about it. I also told him about DreamSNES. I made him a NesterDC disk with all my ROMs (I think I have all of the US games) and he loved it. I told him the only condition is that he DOESN'T TRY TO SELL IT! I see him a week later, and he says he "lost it" so I was going to make him another. Then he asks me if I can make him a few for his "friends", or if I can tell him where I found the stuff to make it (I didnt tell him about DCEmulation. He's pretty computer illeterate, so I didnt think he would get it anyway). When I asked him if he sold it, he said 'no', but I can tell he was lying. So, I made him 1 more disk, and that was it. From my experience, you can't put in an already made NesterDC disk into a PC and copy it. I couldn't on mine (it wouldnt read the disk, and just locked up my PC), and I told him that he can't do it and that you need the disk image on your PC (good thing I didnt give it to him.)
So, this is a message to all the Newbs. DONT TRY AND MAKE MONEY OFF OF SOMEONE ELSES WORK!! All I was trying to do was keep classic gaming alive, and let someone re-experience the games of yesteryear, and all I do is get used.
Im sure others on this board feel the same way. Of all the emu sites that I check out, this is the most "proud" and "honest" bunch.
Last edited by deived on Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Kick your friend in the nuts.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Just like a true dcemulation fan! That was beautiful! :clap:

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
muffinman943
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by muffinman943 »

brilliant
Kyosuke
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kyosuke »

I'm going to have to agree with Xylene on this, kicking him in the nuts is probably going to be a good idea...maybe twice, three times...the fun never ends really.
tackyfinger.cjb.net
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deived »

I haven't really talked to the guy in a while either.
I made a new Nero disk image, and I changed the image on the main menu, and put "If You Paid For This Disk, You Got Ripped Off!" Hopefully, that might deter anyone from selling it. Ive only gave copied to a few friends. Not many people have DC's anymore anyway.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Hey Deived, if you get the chance, punching him in the nuts might entertain you if kicking him gets old, LMAO.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
psychoman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by psychoman »

spoken like a true master :bangin:
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deived »

So, if any of you newbs are reading this, you dont want to feel the wrath of the DCEmu bunch.

(Was that lame?)
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

deived wrote:So, if any of you newbs are reading this, you dont want to feel the wrath of the DCEmu bunch.

(Was that lame?)
Nor do they want to feel the kicking...of the nuts...their nuts, that is...

I guess punching wouldn't feel so nice either.

*AHEM* I am in the state of mind to restate my previous statement in a monologue below:

Nor do they wish to absorb the punching OR the kicking of the nuts... Silly newbs, warez is for d0rkz :D
-Love 'n Bass, Peace 'n Space-
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

Selling emulator diks is bad and illegal. What I found more disturbing however is the way those disks are made. Most of the time it is a real warezboy that don't care much about quality. For example, I once ran into an DCGnuBoy image on Kazaa and I thought to try it, to see how it was made.

I was expecting not anything good, but this... It was made with an SBI, for only DCGnuBoy. The result is that first Dream Inducer starts with ofcourse the standard Xbox theme. DCGnuBoy itself had the default ugly theme (only text, no graphics). After that the rom selection screen, or what I could make of it :|. A real mess, the warezboy didn't even take the time to rename his roms with a goodrom tool or something. All what you saw was names like 12___MARIO___LAND__3.GB etc. And there where tons of double roms on it all with just slighty other names. Because of all of this it wasn't even fun to play with.

What is even worse that newbies are gonna start the easy way, for example downloading such images and what they will see can give the best DC emulators a bad name. If that image was the first emu I tried on my DC I wouldn't even be bothered to try others :|.

I'm glad we have goodtutorials for NesterDC like the best damned NesterDC tutorial ever written. I hope the warezboys are going to use this for once. Or else I feel the urge to throw some good image on Kazaa :wink:
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deived »

I know what you mean Skyhawk. I always make sure the disks are high quality when I make them. I spent hours renaming my 900+ ROMs and deleting dups. I was up until 4am one night before I finished. The guy I gave the NesterDC disk to kept asking me for the DreamSNES disk, but I kept telling him it wasnt ready yet, becuase it wasnt full speed (this was before he said he "lost" the NesterDC disk). Really, it was becuase I hadnt spent a lot of time on getting the disk just right yet, especially after spending all that time on the NesterDC ROMs.

Oh, and, unrelated question:
In NesterDC, on the Options screen, when you move the analog stick, it adjusts some Horizontal and Vertical numbers. What do those numbers apply to? I moved it, and didnt really notice any difference in anything. Does anyone know what it is?
atari_galaga
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by atari_galaga »

this is really unrelated but deived, your avitar is so bad ass.........those comincs were my favorite part of the old Nintendo Power mags
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

they aren't comics! they're from Zero Wing on the Sega Genesis!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

jessman wrote:they aren't comics! they're from Zero Wing on the Sega Genesis!
It's thinking...
atari_galaga
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by atari_galaga »

jessman wrote:they aren't comics! they're from Zero Wing on the Sega Genesis!
the "AVITAR" i said avitar, not sig.....i know the sig is form zero wing.........
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I included a NesterDC disc when I sold my second incarnation of a NES pad for Dreamcast. Am I evil or only quasi-evil?
atari_galaga
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by atari_galaga »

Lartrak wrote:I included a NesterDC disc when I sold my second incarnation of a NES pad for Dreamcast. Am I evil or only quasi-evil?
NES pad for dreamcast?
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

I made a nice Nester DC image, typed up some generic burning instructions, TGZed it and uploaded it to a lot of Carracho servers. That was after I DLed an image with doubles, bad files, all kinda crap.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
fishman
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by fishman »

I've traded NesterDC for other legal cds. I told the person I traded with ahead of time that this stuff was FREE and that you are Not ripped off because it is available to download free. That can't be bad?