Half Life DC - Longest Time Span for a Thread of Warez

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

The majority of the people on this forum have warez something in their lives

...still no reason for starting a pro-warez discussion. The forum rules forbid it and there's more than one reason for that rule.

Just like you wrote, let's get back on topic please.
Insane homebrew collector.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Has thanked: 0

Post by Prophet][ »

I was just pissed cos I was having a bad day and I remember this topic was only just staying open as most other half0life ones were locked. When saying you've been here long enough I was just having a quick look at the rank, I thought with that rank he would have been here about 3 months.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Skynet wrote:That's just over a month. I guess the noob didn't read the forum rules very well. :roll:
It only took me 5 minutes to read them. I must be special :lol:.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

It took me less, and I submitted corrections. So you are not special.

Back onto topic. Carry-on, half-lifers.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

ok, i'm resurecting this old topic! Now that i have a lot more knowledge on the subject i am going to attempt to put opposing force into it...and please no one mention warez, i don't want it locked or another flame war like last time....the rules are the rules people....

-oh, and another thing, has anyone even tryed contacting valve on this matter?, to see what their take on the whole thing is?

-Uhh, i have an idea, a web-petition, if we get a bunch of people interested in modding the Dreamcast version of half-life, and email it to the valve corp, they might grant use of it as shareware or something, since it would only be runnable on dreamcast, and it is unreleased anyway, they wouldn't be losing money or anything....just an idea....
Feel it, Don't think
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

i have an idea, a web-petition
web petitions dont make a dent in companys, as most time they go ignored entirely.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Nico0020 wrote:
i have an idea, a web-petition
web petitions dont make a dent in companys, as most time they go ignored entirely.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Companies are not nice people other people think they are. They are their for the money, they don't care what you think unless it affects them in the pocket.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

Prophet][ wrote:Companies are not nice people other people think they are. They are their for the money, they don't care what you think unless it affects them in the pocket.
ID software's staff it's the exception, quite nice people for me (Valve's not ;-) ) . They are releasing all the source codes of their games (so people can port them or make cool things like doomlegacy or the doomsday engine). They also make ports for linux since q3 :-)
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

Epic is up there as regards to that as well. You know you have good customer service when the Vice President is reponding to your email. True story.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

Morphv2 wrote: You know you have good customer service when the Vice President is reponding to your email
:o

Yeah, Epic it's pretty cool but they haven't done source releases yet, and don't forget there's no Unreal2 port for linux (they ported all Unreal Tournaments though, (Unreal also works thanks to a hack of icculus :-) )
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

bender wrote:
Morphv2 wrote: You know you have good customer service when the Vice President is reponding to your email
:o

Yeah, Epic it's pretty cool but they haven't done source releases yet, and don't forget there's no Unreal2 port for linux (they ported all Unreal Tournaments though, (Unreal also works thanks to a hack of icculus :-) )
Actually, I have the source for UT v432 sitting on my drive right now (although it's on a different comp). I'm assuming that it's legit and not warez, though.

Another company worth mentioning for their source releases would be Apogee/3DRealms.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

can't believe i forgot 3DRealms :oops: . The released shadow warrior's source code few months ago
i might be wrong but i think that UT source it's only partial, not the full one
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

Yah....i emailed valve...no reply....
Feel it, Don't think
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Morphv2 wrote:Epic is up there as regards to that as well. You know you have good customer service when the Vice President is reponding to your email. True story.
You mean one of his little people responed and then he signed it or its a form email.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

i'm sure the vice president has better things to do than respond to customer email
Feel it, Don't think
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

Prophet][ wrote:
Morphv2 wrote:Epic is up there as regards to that as well. You know you have good customer service when the Vice President is reponding to your email. True story.
You mean one of his little people responed and then he signed it or its a form email.
No, because I have emailed him multiple times. None are drilled responses, since one came as a single 1 liner. He's actually legit, and not some puppet playing the role.