R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pavelbure »

lod wrestled a match on raw a couple months ago, it was nice to see them one last time.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

i saw LOD at an indy show in toronto 2 weeks ago :o

it was their second-last match ever :cry:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

how would u feel knowing that u saw their LAST match, tho?

i mean, on one hand: their last match, will never happen again! u were a part of history (sorta)
but on the other: u will never see them again! it is never gonna happen again and even if animal, hawk died right?, went on to wrestle it would never be the same
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

i think its pretty much safe to say that animal's career is over now. there's no way he could go on without hawk
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

Vince killed LOD as in the wresrling sence of things as they had very bad ring rust vs KANE and RVD and there contact was not to wrestling for anyone else and vince didn't use them after that match.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

DreamcastUK wrote: Vince killed LOD as in the wresrling sence of things as they had very bad ring rust vs KANE and RVD and there contact was not to wrestling for anyone else and vince didn't use them after that match.
IMO, wrestling in general has died over the last few yrs. i like the old days. (i also like the old days of gaming... :? )
to me, things were good when the story lines were, somewhat, passable. wrestling just sucks balls now!

Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

i say mid 90's to late 90's were he best wrestling times for me. nWo, DX, and ECW :mrgreen:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Lunchbox wrote: i say mid 90's to late 90's were he best wrestling times for me. nWo, DX, and ECW
DAMN RIGHT!!!! aaaaaah, the good old days (starts to remember the DX invasion of wcw)

what really got my mad was the fact that we NEVER got ECW here when it was around. we got wwf and wcw, wheres the ecw? :evil:

yes, even tho i disliked wcw towards the end (vinnie mac out performed turner in so many ways in wrestling) i DID like the old wcw days of nwo.

arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I dont know how old most of you guys are, but to me wrestling has sucked since about wrestlemania 6. Back then, the pay per views were like 3 times a year. Summer slam, battle royal, and wrestlemania. Now you have PPV events all the time, and wrestling on like 4 times a week. Man, I remember all we had was saturday night at 11pm, and monday night 9-11 with bobby heenan and monsoon. We had good guys and bad guys and that was it. We had disqualifications when other wrestlers interfeared with a bout, now anyone can come in the ring and eff the whole damn thing up. We had 3 belts, intercontinental, tag team, and heavy weight, and we had people that only wrestled in those classes. None of this shit like "tonite you two are gonna wrestle you two because I say so, and Im the ref". Shit we had great tag teams like demolition with axe & smash, the road warriors, the heart connection, the rockers, the bushwackers ect.. Anyway enough of my rant, wrestling sucks ass now.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

arrowhead wrote:I dont know how old most of you guys are, but to me wrestling has sucked since about wrestlemania 6. Back then, the pay per views were like 3 times a year. Summer slam, battle royal, and wrestlemania. Now you have PPV events all the time, and wrestling on like 4 times a week. Man, I remember all we had was saturday night at 11pm, and monday night 9-11 with bobby heenan and monsoon. We had good guys and bad guys and that was it. We had disqualifications when other wrestlers interfeared with a bout, now anyone can come in the ring and eff the whole damn thing up. We had 3 belts, intercontinental, tag team, and heavy weight, and we had people that only wrestled in those classes. None of this poop like "tonite you two are gonna wrestle you two because I say so, and Im the ref". poop we had great tag teams like demolition with axe & smash, the road warriors, the heart connection, the rockers, the bushwackers ect.. Anyway enough of my rant, wrestling sucks ass now.
Demolition Rocked! i loved the music and the music video. Hart foundation the tank and the porche it was fantatic the guys were wrestlers and did not need story lines the crap 90's brought that in. The 80's were the best talent skill on talent no boobs and crap story lines you had the guys that you hated Vs the guys you like survivor series 1 was the best of the lot it rocked ive watched it about 60 times . Dont ask lmaO !
Dreamcast forever!!!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

arrowhead wrote: I dont know how old most of you guys are, but to me wrestling has sucked since about wrestlemania 6. Back then, the pay per views were like 3 times a year. Summer slam, battle royal, and wrestlemania. Now you have PPV events all the time, and wrestling on like 4 times a week. Man, I remember all we had was saturday night at 11pm, and monday night 9-11 with bobby heenan and monsoon. We had good guys and bad guys and that was it. We had disqualifications when other wrestlers interfeared with a bout, now anyone can come in the ring and eff the whole damn thing up. We had 3 belts, intercontinental, tag team, and heavy weight, and we had people that only wrestled in those classes. None of this poop like "tonite you two are gonna wrestle you two because I say so, and Im the ref". poop we had great tag teams like demolition with axe & smash, the road warriors, the heart connection, the rockers, the bushwackers ect.. Anyway enough of my rant, wrestling sucks ass now.
yes, those days were good. i remember watchin wrestling when i was like 5 yrs old or something :o

ive always liked wrestling, and yes i remember those days.

im turning 20 in less than 2 weeks so technically i couldve seen the first WM but i woulda only been about... 3 or 4 mnths old :lol:

and you're right, the GOOD GUYS vs BAD BUYS days were good. story lines are good if they dont go too stupid... LIKE THEY HAVE!

i reckon vinnie mac should cut back the wrestling but at the same time add a new show that is just like the old days. that would be SWEEEEEEEET!!! wrestling for the sake of wrestling!

pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

arrowhead wrote:I dont know how old most of you guys are, but to me wrestling has sucked since about wrestlemania 6. Back then, the pay per views were like 3 times a year. Summer slam, battle royal, and wrestlemania.
4 times. everyone always forgets survivor series.

arrowhead wrote: the heart connection,
hart foundation

anyways, i agree with you. what irks me is when they take a good ppv like survivor series and something different, 4 vs 4 elimination or 5 vs 5 for the older ones and they start there damn 1 vs 1 matches and throw in maybe 1 true survivor series style match. do we really need to see the same kind of ppv that we have seen for the rest of the year ? the best was in 1990 s.s. they took the winners of the nights survivor series style matches and made 2 teams and pitted them against each other at the end of the night. also, what happened to king of the ring this year ? i would like to see a classic wrestling channel also. they could broadcast old ppv's. do they even sell the old ppv's anymore besides wrestlemania ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Thats true, I did forget survivor series.

One match I remember all the time was when the ultimate warrior had a flex off with ravishing rick rude. DO you remember that? Rick rude had his costume with the ultimate warriors face just on his ballzack, and bobby heenan was oiling him down like a half sunken butt puppet. That always makes me laugh.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

pissed off dc owner wrote:
what really got my mad was the fact that we NEVER got ECW here when it was around. we got wwf and wcw, wheres the ecw? :evil:
They only showed ECW up here in Canada once a week on TNN, so i made sure never to miss it. I even went to their first and only show that they did in Canada, man that was awesome 8-)

I agree that WWE tv has been really wierd lately, but it's still fun to go to live events. I went to Wrestlemania 18 at the Skydome last year. Eventhough it was a crappy card, everyone still went nuts cuz of how cool it was to be at wrestlemania, especially during that Rock vs. Hogan match!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

and oh ya, to get back on topic:

i dunno if anyone mentioned this yet, but Rick Rude died a few years ago too
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Crash Holly also died :cry: . He was so young and cool...http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=16260
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:o
JEEZ!

(havent gotten around to reading the thread on his death yet)

Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yes, it's that time of the month again, another wrestler has died. This time it's former WCW wrestler The Wall, who also wrestled as Malice in NWA: TNA, he died of a heart attack at the age of 36. I only really remember him for that match he had against Hogan on Nitro in 2000 right before Russo came back & his character in MIA.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=16640
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

:o
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

liltimmyw wrote:I know, he's a better actor :roll: with hits such as Mr. Nanny.
That's a matter of opinion lol. :P
Regards.

CyberMick.