Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by BlueCrab »

Preordered Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

Got a few things today.

Megaman 9 (Wii)
Burnout Paradise (PS3) - $21
Elemental Gimmick Gear (DC) - $10
God damn I love E.G.G. It got so hard though, I never was able to finish it. Totally a zelda type game, one of the last games I bought/played on my Dreamcast.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Pre-ordered Fallout 3 and Little Big Planet, both for PS3. Should keep me busy for a while.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

Reserved Gears Of War 2 Limited Edition at Gamestop yesterday.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

pre ordered Left4 Dead for 360, comes with beta code
also pre ordered 007 QoS for 360, comes with code for the 1st map pack for free.

I never pre order games unless i know they will be good. IE, orange box or something. So I am taking a risk with 007, i wont pay that one off for awhile after it comes out. i wanted the free map pack lol.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Picked up Fallout 3 for $52. So far I'm kinda disappointed. It's not necessarily a bad game, but the post-apocolyptic environment just isn't keeping my interest enough to keep playing. I'll give it a week to hook me and then I'll decide if I want to keep it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It's not necessarily a bad game, but the post-apocolyptic environment just isn't keeping my interest enough to keep playing.
It's interesting you say this, because if I recall correctly (ignore this post if I don't) - you played the hell out of Oblivion. I'm the total flipside to this; the medieval environment of Oblivion bores me to tears, while Fallout 3 has just consumed my entire day.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:
It's not necessarily a bad game, but the post-apocolyptic environment just isn't keeping my interest enough to keep playing.
It's interesting you say this, because if I recall correctly (ignore this post if I don't) - you played the hell out of Oblivion. I'm the total flipside to this; the medieval environment of Oblivion bores me to tears, while Fallout 3 has just consumed my entire day.
Yep, your exactly right. In fact, I bought Fallout for the sole reason that it was supposed to be a 'better Oblivion'. And it plays so much like Oblivion that it feels like it's just an awesome Oblivion mod. But I loved the setting of Oblivion, and this setting just isn't as interesting to me. I'm still playing it, and I'm starting to get a grasp of things, and I'm even starting to really enjoy this game. But the game world is a complete 180 from their previous effort, so I'm not taking to it as well.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I still am completely unable to get into Oblivion.

The gameplay mechanics are so boring to me. There's a delay in combat... your weapons suck.... magic is difficult to navigate to.... the inventory system is boring, drab and takes for-fucking-ever.

I've played through the first "mission" of getting that dude out of the sewer, and made it to a gate with small little devils (that were impossible to kill with my sword) where I died about 3 times. I've done this about three times, and am not entirely sure on where the greatness of this game lies.

I never had the interest to venture anywhere else, everything seemed too far from each other and warping to different places just felt cheap. Was this gate not supposed to be my first destination? Was I using a ridiculously underpowered sword? The pace of the game felt too slow for me. I assume it picks up?

I don't understand how a game with such odd gameplay quirks can be so popular with a mass audience. I really am all ears though if anybody can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd love to play through it.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

MulletMan13 wrote:I still am completely unable to get into Oblivion.

The gameplay mechanics are so boring to me. There's a delay in combat... your weapons suck.... magic is difficult to navigate to.... the inventory system is boring, drab and takes for-fucking-ever.

I've played through the first "mission" of getting that dude out of the sewer, and made it to a gate with small little devils (that were impossible to kill with my sword) where I died about 3 times. I've done this about three times, and am not entirely sure on where the greatness of this game lies.

I never had the interest to venture anywhere else, everything seemed too far from each other and warping to different places just felt cheap. Was this gate not supposed to be my first destination? Was I using a ridiculously underpowered sword? The pace of the game felt too slow for me. I assume it picks up?

I don't understand how a game with such odd gameplay quirks can be so popular with a mass audience. I really am all ears though if anybody can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd love to play through it.
It's a huge game. Go explore some, or go do some sidequests, and come back to it. The game doesn't exactly have any particular order for anything. If nothing else you can turn the difficulty down a bit if you just want to finish it. The guild quests are a great way to level yourself up as well as rake in some cash. If you're playing the 360 version, you'll also be raking in some achievements as well.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, I had to kick the difficulty slider down in Oblivion to even progress in the game, but there was definitely a 'sweet spot' on that slider that made the game somewhat challenging, but not punishing, and that's when I really got hooked.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Red Alert 3
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I preordered Pier Solar. :mrgreen:

- btw: Happy Birthday, Wagh :)
Insane homebrew collector.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Pier Solar looks impressive. I dont play very many RPGs AT ALL, but that game is beautiful for what it is. Mainly the sound, I love the music, which might alone get me to play it.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2...

My 1st defining moment in Far Cry 2 (never played the first) was when I was just showing my two oldest how I was driving around in the car I fixed... I then found a jeep w/ the gun on the back and was heading accross the bridge with it... my daughter mentioned to be careful not to go off the side... me thinking that like other games i'd bounce off the side railing and wasn't being cautious and plowed through the wooden railings and teetered on the edge...

ended up backing up carefully and continuing on but that right there had me going "wow"... lol simple yes but I thought it was very cool... that and starting a grass fire when i torched my car with the flame thrower...

Haven't really gotten into Fallout 3 other than getting out of 101 and going to the 1st settlement... talking to a whore in a bar and hunting down a drug user... I played it for the first time last night and was telling my gf about it this morning... was like...

"yeah so I hooked up with this whore at the bar after renting a room... then later ended up killing this drug user I was told to track down..."

She was like... " uhhh.... ok.... this is in the game.... right??"
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Just been playing some Little Big Planet. Anybody else get this?
It looks great, but the speed of the servers is really letting down the online-side (the most important side) of the game. User-created levels take way too long to download (
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Pre-ordered Eternal Poison and Persona 4 today.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Guitar Hero World Tour (360)

Pre-ordered Left 4 Dead (PC)
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (360)
Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA Preorder bonus)
Mirror's Edge (PS3)

I didn't want to buy both of them today, but the preorder bonuses were too tempting.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

How is Mirror's Edge? That game looks great.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800