Cell phone choices narrowed down:

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ace »

Exactly the same with me. I'm really hoping that either the price falls big time (which it should with the K790i, K800i, and W810i coming out) or that the w810i gets released in Canada (it actually has a decent chance, since it's quadband) at a decent price.

By the way, if you are looking to use it as a dedicated media player, 4GB and 8GB memory stick pro duo are on their way ;)
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

As you may remember, I was obsessed with the w800i not too long ago. Well I still really like that phone, but it's still unavailable, and quite expensive to import, so I gave up on that dream.

I did need a new phone now that my current contract is up, and the company I am with didn't really seem to value me as a customer (not that any others will :P). I just picked up the Motorola SLVR L7 with iTunes. I really like it so far.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

wow thats outrageous price for a cell phone, then again cell phones are loosing the main purpose of calling people anyways...
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Congrats on the L7, ace. I have the ROKR E1, but wouldn't mind getting an L7. It does what I want so I won't complain for once.

Did you just activate service with rogers? Whether this was a new activation or upgrade, call in and ask about the $35.00 activation/"admin" fee, you can get this waived. Just request customer relations and they'll fold without you even making a trigger statement. Should be able to get it waived no problem.

You should check out http://www.motomodders.net or just go directly to http://motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tab ... forumid=55

There's a wealth of motorola modding information. You can upgrade your itunes extremely easy by replacing it with a hacked version. It'll give you 1000 songs if the L7's only come with a 100 song cap.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Oh trust me, I've already gotten rid of the song limit :D

I've got a corporate plan which is $20 for 350 any time minutes, unlimited nights starting at 6:00 p.m. and unlimited weekends, voice mail, caller ID, text messaging, first 3 months free, and right now we have a $150 credit included, so my $208.99 SLVR actually cost me $58.99! I couldn't pass this deal up.

I willl try to get them to waive the activation though, which department should I call/what should I say?