DS games worth owning

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by compacho »

Oh where oh where can my Metroid Hunters be, oh whe...

Tetris DS too. Can't wait for them both.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Pyrosurfer wrote:The stages themselves suck though.

All around you on every stage there are drop off points. Yes, every stage. I have played sonic games before with drop-off points, but not in every stage.

The drop-offs take away from the sense of speed and add frustration. In short, the game is very hard and not very fun. If you memorized every detail of every stage it could be fun. It also follows the cliche format, get all the emeralds then become super sonic in the last stage.
Yeah, I'd agree with that. There are far too many cheap deaths that you couldn't avoid unless you knew about them in advance, so it seems to punish you for going through a level quickly.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

BlackAura wrote:

All around you on every stage there are drop off points. Yes, every stage. I have played sonic games before with drop-off points, but not in every stage.

The drop-offs take away from the sense of speed and add frustration. In short, the game is very hard and not very fun. If you memorized every detail of every stage it could be fun. It also follows the cliche format, get all the emeralds then become super sonic in the last stage.
Yeah, I'd agree with that. There are far too many cheap deaths that you couldn't avoid unless you knew about them in advance, so it seems to punish you for going through a level quickly.
Ruined the game for me. I also didn't think the platforming in the game was too good. I ended up selling it for about $5 less than retail. No big loss.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Lartrak wrote:
BlackAura wrote:

Ruined the game for me. I also didn't think the platforming in the game was too good. I ended up selling it for about $5 less than retail. No big loss.
I was dissapointed with it too for the exact same reason. I bought it under the impression this is meant to be a great return to form, but just kept ending up dead because the whole level just dissapeared from underneath me :x
DeAthWaGer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeAthWaGer »

Ganbare Goemon is the reason I bought a DS, well WELL WELL worth it... If you like any of the mystical ninja/goemon series buy it!
Wheeling Bitch Circus - Keepin' it METAL since 1998:

http://www.myspace.com/wheelingbitchcircus
TheSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by TheSiggler »

Castlevania was the reason I got mine, more or less ;)

Is there anyone who isn't dissapointed with Sonic Rush? It's next on my list of planned DS purchases.. :|
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

TheSiggler wrote:Castlevania was the reason I got mine, more or less ;)

Is there anyone who isn't dissapointed with Sonic Rush? It's next on my list of planned DS purchases.. :|
I liked sonic rush. Then again I liked the advance series too.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

TheSiggler wrote:Is there anyone who isn't dissapointed with Sonic Rush? It's next on my list of planned DS purchases.. :|
I loved it. I only played Sonic Advance 1 and thought it was okay, but this one is fun. It has a trick system in which you tap A or B when you launch yourself off of a spring, or tap R while you're grinding a rail or vine, and you go faster and earn points. Plus there's a boost feature that lets you zoom through levels even faster. There's only a couple levels I can think of where I felt "punished" for going too fast like others have said here, but once you learn the layout of the level it's no big deal. But with the trick system in this game, I'd say it has more replay value than any of the older 2D Sonic games.

And as far as the music goes, if you liked the music in Jet Grind Radio, you'll feel right at home here.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

Kenichi wrote:
TheSiggler wrote:Is there anyone who isn't dissapointed with Sonic Rush? It's next on my list of planned DS purchases.. :|
I loved it. I only played Sonic Advance 1 and thought it was okay, but this one is fun. It has a trick system in which you tap A or B when you launch yourself off of a spring, or tap R while you're grinding a rail or vine, and you go faster and earn points. Plus there's a boost feature that lets you zoom through levels even faster. There's only a couple levels I can think of where I felt "punished" for going too fast like others have said here, but once you learn the layout of the level it's no big deal. But with the trick system in this game, I'd say it has more replay value than any of the older 2D Sonic games.

And as far as the music goes, if you liked the music in Jet Grind Radio, you'll feel right at home here.
You can add me to the list of people who love sonic rush, granted the "falling off level" is annoying in places (specially in the aerial levels) but once you get past it, it's a decent sonic game. what I love is how they used polygons for a mostly 2D game.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
DeAthWaGer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeAthWaGer »

I agree, if you like the stylish gameplay, visuals, and music of Jet Set Radio, Sonic Rush is a MUST-own. Read the manual for this one, a quick glance over to understand the combo system and new special moves makes the game much more enjoyable. The whole "falling off level" was present in many a Sonic game, you just gotta learn the levels, as frustrating as that can occassionally be. |/|
Wheeling Bitch Circus - Keepin' it METAL since 1998:

http://www.myspace.com/wheelingbitchcircus