Why the need for crappy clones rather than a PSX emu

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Mr Plow
KL5-3226
KL5-3226
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: i already am

Post by Mr Plow »

toastman wrote:emperordahc: i'm a co-mod of the programming discussion forum already :)
And I've finally been able to give you a shiny mod badge thanks to the forum upgrade.

Nice speech btw. :D
Call Mr Plow, that's my name! That name again is Mr Plow!
RC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

I know I'll get flamed for this but...

Post by RC »

Hey I happen to think that making a PSX emu would be extremely cool for DC o.o... I'd FINALLY get to play Megaman X on my Dreamcast :|

Althou I dont think that making games on DC is a bad thing I think that making a PSX emu is more important as I need my Megaman X and my Metal Slug on Dreamcast :o
SlyFox
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

PSX on DC Hahaha!

Post by SlyFox »

Shoot me please.
Ok I'm writing this post for a second time after just spending some major time writing it for the first time for nothing. Oh well. Anyways I'll just sum the darn thing up a lot.
Alright, PSX emulation is not worth being on the DC if its going to be sonething like 2 fps and look like crap. The only way it be worth emulating on the DC would be if the game would have some improvements like with Bleem. Now we all know we can't achieve that with the stuff we use to program on the DC now. With the greatest emulator on the DC now, DreamSnes, not even being able to emulate games perfectly how can we emulate a PSX game. Its not really possible. With this said we should give up on the idea of PSX emulation on the DC and hope for some cool Homebrewed games and maybe a decent Gameboy emulator.
drinkcast
HipHopunism
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: PSX on DC Hahaha!

Post by HipHopunism »

SlyFox wrote: With the greatest emulator on the DC now, DreamSnes, not even being able to emulate games perfectly
uhmmmm... Nester..?
Sir Slash

Re: PSX on DC Hahaha!

Post by Sir Slash »

SlyFox wrote:Shoot me please.
With the greatest emulator on the DC now, DreamSnes, not even being able to emulate games perfectly how can we emulate a PSX game. Its not really possible. With this said we should give up on the idea of PSX emulation on the DC and hope for some cool Homebrewed games and maybe a decent Gameboy emulator.
umm its been done with bleem! Possible it is, time is important, along how much the developers work on it. Nester runs great frnes runs great, smeg runs great. Dreamsnes is getting impressively better and DCgen is getting upgraded soon. These emulators will no doubt in my mind be perfect before long. If someone wants to attack the PSX emu to DC scene GO FOR IT!
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

RC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by RC »

SlyFox: Thats because SNES uses ROM emulation.. there's a huge difference between console emulation loading game data from ROMs and loading game data from CDs! So PSX is probably even MORE POSSIBLE than SNES when it comes to dreamcast. And besides, does it hurt you if somebody tries?
RC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

And another thing

Post by RC »

Bleemcast sucks. It only supports one game(and not because it ran all of them buggy, its because they wanted to make 1 look a lot better than PSX). And the games that it support arent even the best of the PSX(the 2D, biatch!). Who wants to play a 3D game with PSX graphics? Besides if somebody did make a PSX emu that ran 2D PSX games, then it probably wouldnt load because DC has 4 times as much memory as the PSX and you probably wouldnt need to use more than 2megs for the emulator.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Bleemcast sucks. It only supports one game(and not because it ran all of them buggy, its because they wanted to make 1 look a lot better than PSX
Ummmm, no it aint, they made it one disc compatible because they couldnt release updates. Imagine having bought it and then they improved it. You would have to buy it again and you would be pissed. I know i would. Or imagine playing a game to the end and then finding out the emu dosent run the ending sequence.

They had to make it single game as this was the only way around this problem. Perfect emulation with improvements. This also proves genral emulation of the PSX is possible on the DC.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming