Army forces 50,000 soldiers into extended duty....

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Roofus »

fatheadpi wrote:[qoute]Working overtime at a job you can go home from is a little different from being stuck in Iraq indefinitely.[/qoute]

Yeah, it usually doesn't come with 50k for college and the chance to shoot automatic grenade launchers. And it's rarely as rewarding.
Not quite the angle I was going for, but yeah. Blowing up ragheads for liberty could be quite rewarding.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Roofus wrote:
I am a bargained employe at the company for which I work. I work 48 hours just about every week. I am normally scheduled for 40, but I am often forced to do overtime. It is something to which I agreed when I was hired. Refer to FatheadPI's response.
Working overtime at a job you can go home from is a little different from being stuck in Iraq indefinitely.
Of corse, but that was not the point. The point is that they agreed to do what they are now doing....God's work through George W. Bush!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Not quite the angle I was going for, but yeah. Blowing up ragheads for liberty could be quite rewarding.
I meant the real job you do in general. I look at the job I have, and I look at the jobs my civilian friends and the guys I went to highschool with have. I look around the US for what there is to do. Outside of running my own business (which I do on the side anyways), I can't think of many jobs as rewarding as what I do. Plus, I do my job NOW, not in another year or two after racking up 20 - 60k in debts to a college for a piece of paper that doesn't mean anything.

But yeah, blowing stuff up is always an added plus. You find your own cause in everything you do. Me, I like to improve things and make our satellite communication systems perform better.

[qoute]Of corse, but that was not the point. The point is that they agreed to do what they are now doing....God's work through George W. Bush![/quote]

That's one way to look at it. Another is that we're exercising the will of the American people through the man they allowed to be their leader.

Me? I voted for Badnarik.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

A paper from college will get you no where if you didn't want/need it in the first place.

Yeah yeah not everyone is cut out for college but that doesn't make it worthless. Some of us actually go to schools and well ya know LEARN.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

[qoute]Yeah yeah not everyone is cut out for college but that doesn't make it worthless. Some of us actually go to schools and well ya know LEARN.[/quote]

Good to see some people to. Looking at the college that's close to me, it looks like most kids just see college as the next thing in life, not what it's supposed to be. They might as well have saved their parents / scholarship funds some cash for a worthwhile student and gone off the McD's-U.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

fatheadpi wrote:[qoute]Yeah yeah not everyone is cut out for college but that doesn't make it worthless. Some of us actually go to schools and well ya know LEARN.
Good to see some people to. Looking at the college that's close to me, it looks like most kids just see college as the next thing in life, not what it's supposed to be. They might as well have saved their parents / scholarship funds some cash for a worthwhile student and gone off the McD's-U.[/quote]

Yeah, this is one of the things that bugged me about a lot of my fellow high school students. They looked at college as a required step after high school, not a chance to learn a lot of valuable stuff.

A degree is useful, though. I've known too many qualified people who can't get the best jobs because of a lack of a degree. Any degree. It doesn't matter which.

It's stupid, but that's the way it works in many places now.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.