FAQs in NesterDC SE. I need advice.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bender »

Just found this site: http://www.vgmuseum.com/ , I think there's no warez inside.

I has a lot of things (game endings(a lot), cart scans, ads & some reviews). I don't know if it can be useful for the database but seems there are no stupid copyright notes at the site ;-)
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I think Scherzo is using all of that already (sp?).
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I got all my screenshots, cart scans, etc. from ScreenshotArchive.com.

I'll check out this other place too, though.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Oh, my bad. I coulda sworn it was mentioned though.

So, how did it go with the emails?
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:Considering the Terms of Use at GameFAQs, I really shouldn't have all the NES FAQs like I do. I guess they could come after my ass right now. But I don't see how they can enforce the no-bot rule. They put up the FAQs publicly. Places like Google are spidering the web constantly, downloading the world. So far I've just downloaded them all for my private personal use.

Anyways, this whole FAQ crap is making me sick. Best I think I can do without asking for any legal trouble is just putting in way for you, the users, to put whatever text files you want for the games you have. Easy.
*psssst*

In that case, you wanna hook me up with the crawler? :makeadeal:

GameFAQs can "come after" my 16 year old ass and sue me and whatnot. I think I've got $.50 under the bed somewhere they can have...
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

GyroVorbis wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:Considering the Terms of Use at GameFAQs, I really shouldn't have all the NES FAQs like I do. I guess they could come after my ass right now. But I don't see how they can enforce the no-bot rule. They put up the FAQs publicly. Places like Google are spidering the web constantly, downloading the world. So far I've just downloaded them all for my private personal use.

Anyways, this whole FAQ crap is making me sick. Best I think I can do without asking for any legal trouble is just putting in way for you, the users, to put whatever text files you want for the games you have. Easy.
*psssst*

In that case, you wanna hook me up with the crawler? :makeadeal:

GameFAQs can "come after" my 16 year old ass and sue me and whatnot. I think I've got $.50 under the bed somewhere they can have...
Hehe. yeah. me too. If it requires a webserver, I gots one of those...
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

i will write a strategy bit a walkthru for double dragon 2
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
Damon Plus
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Damon Plus »

Strapping Scherzo wrote: Best I think I can do without asking for any legal trouble is just putting in way for you, the users, to put whatever text files you want for the games you have. Easy.
Just do that. It will be easier for you and you can work more time on NesterDC. I prefer to download all the FAQS myself than not having the option to read them through your emu.
drybed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by drybed »

honestly, i'd be way better gettting all the FAQS myself, they're a lot better, i find it a lot better to get all the roms myself too:)
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

It's not like FAQ's written by who knows who contribute to a NES homage or smth. I wouldn't care if they weren't on the package, as I prolly wouldn't read most.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

It'd be a shame if a copy of all those FAQs with NesterDC SE got leaked...
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

AuroEdge wrote:It'd be a shame if a copy of all those FAQs with NesterDC SE got leaked...

I read the Gamefaqs thread. Wow, you'd never think so much ego would come from dorks who steal ideas from elsewhere's half the time (i.e., faq writing) and call them faqs. It's just games, but I guess they don't see it that way. Stealing their work? What work? They will get their recognition and fame still :roll:

Yeah, I smell a lawsuit. Gamefaqs Writers v. Respect.