Mario 64 to Come with DS, Free

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

Random_Troll wrote:
einbebop44 wrote:
einbebop44 wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
einbebop44 wrote:As if the PSP needed another kick in the balls.
The PSP got kicked in the balls? It overshadows the DS in every way.
...Except in sales, and market penetration, and everything else that matters to a business ;)
So now Sony are failing as a business? News to me. I'm sure they are a lot more financially stable than Nintendo will ever be.

Besides, I was talking more about the actual hardware & software rather than the business side of things.
He never said that Sony ws failing as a business. He said the PSP was losing out to the DS in those categories.
I wrote the post about two hours before I actually clicked submit. Sue me.

talking to yourself?
Don't you have better things to do than bother me? You damn well know who I was talking to.
Very sexy hero, omg
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
...Except in sales, and market penetration, and everything else that matters to a business ;)
PSX started out really slow as well, if you remember it wasn't until FF7 that a lot of people really took interest in the PSX. I think the PSP will be the same, the Remake of FF7 will save the PSP!!!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

navi wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
PSX started out really slow as well, if you remember it wasn't until FF7 that a lot of people really took interest in the PSX. I think the PSP will be the same, the Remake of FF7 will save the PSP!!!
GTA and Madden will save the PSP. Its only a matter of time
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

navi wrote: PSX started out really slow as well, if you remember it wasn't until FF7 that a lot of people really took interest in the PSX. I think the PSP will be the same, the Remake of FF7 will save the PSP!!!
Rubbish, it was outselling the Saturn by quite a substantial margin very early on in its lifespan - it was the Tomb Raiders, the Wipeouts, the Ridge Racers, the Tekkens and the Resident Evils that were the cause of its success.
Lunchbox wrote:
Its too niche a market to just release some casual-gamer friendly title to rely on sales. Especially as most of their target audience already own PS2s and are unlikely to want to buy the exact same game twice - see also DVD vs UMD.

I also find it endlessly amusing when PS2 owners entirely flip-flop their beliefs on the importance of graphics / sales etc when it comes to the handheld market, where the GBA is the PS2, and the PSP is the GC.
But with a worse analogue stick.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

einbebop44 wrote:Don't you have better things to do than bother me? You damn well know who I was talking to.
Sorry, Left my computer in Attack Fan Boy Mode lastnight.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Huge shock news that mario will become a pack in game eh? just like every other system theyve done (apart for the gameboy as that had tetris at the start) start it off with no game included then whack in a mario
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Hawq wrote:Huge shock news that mario will become a pack in game eh? just like every other system theyve done (apart for the gameboy as that had tetris at the start) start it off with no game included then whack in a mario
You forgot the cube; it didn't start with a mario pack-in. Yet, /me thinks that if it did, it would have sold more from the start....
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I said every other system apart from the gb started out with no pack in game then had a mario added later, its kinda odd when they leave a mario out of the box for a new system though really it is the most recognised game for any of their stuff (apart form the gameboy with tetris of course)
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

..so it's still 150$? I wonder when the used value will go down on DS games, like 20$ or a players choice series..
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

We just got the blue DS's in at work today. Tomorrow, I am planing a trip to Blockbuster to see if they have blue DS's in as well, so I can trade in. I hope to get at least $80 back on my current DS, otherwise I won't bother yet. I can't wait to ditch this monochromatic handheld.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

melancholy wrote:We just got the blue DS's in at work today. Tomorrow, I am planing a trip to Blockbuster to see if they have blue DS's in as well, so I can trade in. I hope to get at least $80 back on my current DS, otherwise I won't bother yet. I can't wait to ditch this monochromatic handheld.
You're willing to pay $70 to get the equivalent of a paint job on your DS?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Lartrak wrote:
melancholy wrote:We just got the blue DS's in at work today. Tomorrow, I am planing a trip to Blockbuster to see if they have blue DS's in as well, so I can trade in. I hope to get at least $80 back on my current DS, otherwise I won't bother yet. I can't wait to ditch this monochromatic handheld.
You're asking if I'm willing to blow a third of my next paycheck solely to rid myself of another achromatic console and promote a colored console revolution?

Yes. Yes I am.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Dr Wily wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:
Its too niche a market to just release some casual-gamer friendly title to rely on sales. Especially as most of their target audience already own PS2s and are unlikely to want to buy the exact same game twice - see also DVD vs UMD.
Too niche of a market... funny because my friends and I actually joke how a system could just have the name 'Sony', and release a Madden and GTA game, and it would outsell any other system. The reason?

95% of people are stupid, and absolutely LOVE these games, and play them religiously. Anybody who lives on/near/around a college campus hears every one of the 'jock/douchebags' around campus talking about Madden.

And to think they won't shell out $50 for another version?

" OMG Madden '06 is out this week I got it preordered all ready!"

" You have Madden '05... NCAA Football '05 *and* '06.... yet you're getting this game too?"

" Man you have no frickin idea how different they are."

... again I return to my former phrase to live by -- People are stupid.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
You're asking if I'm willing to blow a third of my next paycheck solely to rid myself of another achromatic console and promote a colored console revolution?

Yes. Yes I am.
You dont think coloured plastic looks horribly lame? All plain colours look crap, including silver. I want cool designs and stuff, not 1-tone colour.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Random_Troll wrote:
einbebop44 wrote:Don't you have better things to do than bother me? You damn well know who I was talking to.
Sorry, Left my computer in Attack Fan Boy Mode lastnight.
Yeah, you got me. I'm a fanboy.
Very sexy hero, omg
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

StriderXg2 wrote:..so it's still 150$? I wonder when the used value will go down on DS games, like 20$ or a players choice series..
Relax, it'll get there. The system's only been out six months...even less than that, anywhere other than the US. You can grab most of the launch titles used for $20-$25, but like I said, this stuff's all still pretty new. I think you may be comparing it a little unfairly to GBA prices, when the GBA was a cheaper console to begin with, and has been out for several years, with a very highly saturated release schedule.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

melancholy wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

Yes. Yes I am.
Mel, Silly question. If the color of the system means that much to you, why don't you wait till a color you want comes out. I didn't get an SP till the NES version came out in the US.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

Yes. Yes I am.
Mel, Silly question. If the color of the system means that much to you, why don't you wait till a color you want comes out. I didn't get an SP till the NES version came out in the US.
Funny you should say that O_R, this is what my DS will look like next week.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

:o That's some nice work with photoshop.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

That looks kinda crappy. Too much silver, must be a skin.