DC Mod Ideas

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
TigerC10
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC Mod Ideas

Post by TigerC10 »

I have a couple of ideas for my Dreamcast, but I wonder if anyone can point me to a step-by-step tutorial for them.

First I want to place a white L.E.D. on the inner window of the controller so that the player can see the screen, even in the dark.

Another idea was putting an L.E.D. on the controller plug that goes into the machine, and then putting one on the controller itself. If you put different colors on different colors they'd be identifiers (so that you can see visually which controller is yours). This could be in conjunction with the first idea.

I also wanted to backlight the controller ports from inside. I've seen plenty of pictures and I can't figgure out how to get a light there. There doesn't seem to be a real easy way to do it, either - because of the black and silver cases around the port couplets. Plus, I don't think I'd want to draw power from the controller port (too risky), but I don't have a multimeter to test where else I can get the power.

Another thing was to illuminate the ring the disk tray cover makes. I thought that the "nightlight" was a good idea and I've seen one picture of a DC that had the entire ring lit up (all the way back to the edge).

I want to modify a DC modem to light up a clear phone jack head when it's in the system. It can be on all the time, but if a clear phone line is plugged in I want it evenly lit.

Like I said, I have looked at the said areas, but lack of a multimeter prevents me from going further and acting on my ideas. The other thing preventing me from doing all of this is fear of needing a separate power supply. If anyone can either tell me the areas I could use, or point me to any other tutorials already made (I guess making my ideas unoriginal) that'd be great. I've been trying to find information for a few weeks now.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Try the FAQ thread and the Search button. A few of the things you mentioned you'll have to do all on your own though
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

You've come tot he right place my-man... http://djky2k3.tripod.com Look ont he nav. bar tot he left for Tricks and tutorials... This is my site! HA HA HA! :mrgreen:
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!