Translation for Sonic Adventure

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Translation for Sonic Adventure

Post by Caboose »

I wan't to get sonic adventure but the only place I can find it is Play-Asia.com. The game is in Japanese and I have been trying to find some English translations of the the menu and the game itself with no luck :( . If you guys know of any translation sites it would be well appreciated :P
Thanks in Advance
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

IIRC, the Japanese copy has the English voices & Menu, along with Spanish Menu, French Menu and i think a German Menu too.

The USA copy had it, and i remember someone saying that the Jap also had it.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

I understand that the first JP release of Sonic Adventure does not feature an English language option...

If you find the US/EU release (or second JP release "Sonic Adventure International"), it would be of low cost and preferable to using a written translation. Unfortunately also I cannot locate a translation anywhere! Sorry... :(
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

If you send Play-Asia an email and ask them, They will try to get you one next time they restock.
Or Check out the The goatstore
Or ebay Is a good bet.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

it should be in english don't worry
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

its a JAP game, in other words it is in japanese. think about it, do they make games in the US that are in Japanese? most likely not.

Ok, I've sent an e-mail to the folks at Play-Asia and they said that they will not be restocking on any Sonic adventure games because they are hard to come by. The JAP version of Sonic Adventure is in japanese only. I have found a guide on gamefaqs that might help but isnt a translation. I think I will probably be able to play the game in Japanese and if I need help than that guide will.

Matisfaction, thanks for the site, Have you bought from them before? I might just buy both (english one and Jap one) Just because I feel like getting imports. :)

Edit: (@ Matisfaction) Also, does any of their games ever go out of stock? Because if not then maybe I will buy the Jap one now and the english one a bit later or from ebgames.com.
Last edited by Caboose on Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

The Goatstore is a great place. One of the owners posts around here.

Just use eBay. They have it (Sonic Adventure NTSC US) for like $8 sealed.
Very sexy hero, omg
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Caboose: just click the links i posted before, they should take you straight to the games, The Goat Store has one US SA in (i've heard nothing but good things about Goat store so check em' out), and there are about a million US SA's in the ebay link, you're really not missing out on anything with the jap version, so just get the US version :wink:
Caboose wrote:I've sent an e-mail to the folks at Play-Asia and they said that they will not be restocking on any Sonic adventure games because they are hard to come by.
Strange :? If you really want SA INT then check out some of the Ebay shops (mainly hong kong based) there are millions of SA INT. If you can't find any then PM me and i can give you some decent links :wink:
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Caboose wrote: its a JAP game, in other words it is in japanese. think about it, do they make games in the US that are in Japanese? most likely not.
It sound like you've never imported a game before in your life. Almost every sonic team game comes in mutli language no matter what region it comes out in. All the Sonic Team GC games have featured it and there DC ones too. Almost import games have so much of the basics in english. Menu's are in english 90% of the time. Town names in Japanese games have subtitles in english a lot now adays too. FF9 was the first I can think of that did it. And what you cant tackle Sonic Adventure in Japanese? Wow thats sad. Almost as bad as saying I couldnt wipe my ass if the tolet paper was from Japan because I mean its so utterly confussing!
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

It sound like you've never imported a game before in your life
True. That explains my importing Stupidity and is also why I'm asking people here at the forums to help me. Besides, the guy at Play-Asia told me that it was in Jap.
Last edited by Caboose on Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Get the american version. Sonic adventure 1 is a great game. IMO SA1 and shenmue 1 were the best dc games.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

the goatstore has it thanks for your help ppl
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Caboose wrote:
its a JAP game, in other words it is in japanese. think about it, do they make games in the US that are in Japanese? most likely not.

Ok, I've sent an e-mail to the folks at Play-Asia and they said that they will not be restocking on any Sonic adventure games because they are hard to come by. The JAP version of Sonic Adventure is in japanese only. I have found a guide on gamefaqs that might help but isnt a translation. I think I will probably be able to play the game in Japanese and if I need help than that guide will.

Matisfaction, thanks for the site, Have you bought from them before? I might just buy both (english one and Jap one) Just because I feel like getting imports. :)

Edit: (@ Matisfaction) Also, does any of their games ever go out of stock? Because if not then maybe I will buy the Jap one now and the english one a bit later or from ebgames.com.
FRIGGIN NOOB I said don't worry :P

sonic adventure 2 , sonic adventure , sonic shuffle all the us release can be played in japanese and it's the same way around for japanese go to the options on sound test bla bla thing and change it to english
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

BILAL_XIA wrote:FRIGGIN NOOB I said don't worry :P

sonic adventure 2 , sonic adventure , sonic shuffle all the us release can be played in japanese and it's the same way around for japanese......
Sorry billy but you're wrong. Sonic Adventure is strictly jap only, There is another version called Sonic Adventure INTERNATIONAL which has the European language option.

be nice to noobs.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Sorry billy but you're wrong. Sonic Adventure is strictly jap only, There is another version called Sonic Adventure INTERNATIONAL which has the European language option.

be nice to noobs.

@ Billy: :tongue: see, trust the people who work at Play-Asia, otherwise the International version would have been pointless :D
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

The international version is pointless. Who cant beat sonic in Japanese?
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

The international version is pointless. Who cant beat sonic in Japanese?
I was looking for Sonic Adventure but couldnt find it,.simple enough. But I did find SA in Japanese. Also pretty simple. Now, I only know how to say (not read) like 3 words in Japanese and I want to get the most out of the game so I was looking for a translation of it so that I will be able to understand the dialogue. Pretty much anyone can play it in japanese but I want tol get the most out of it so I wanted a translation. Anyways, Matisfaction gave me a site that has it so I no longer need anyones help. Thanks to all of those who helped.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Matisfaction wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:FRIGGIN NOOB I said don't worry :P

sonic adventure 2 , ......

be nice to noobs.

aren'y I nice to you :lol:
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

aren'y I nice to you Laughing
don't be a jerk on the forums
BrAzE
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BrAzE »

Sorrie wrote:The international version is pointless. Who cant beat sonic in Japanese?
Didn't 'international' include internet support/world-wide ranking options and many bug fixes aswell as the multi-language options though? Not really that pointless :).