WTF, the PS2 this year's big gift?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

Looks at ebgames.com. Sees PStwos there for $150. Shakes head.

And people will still buy them from the scalpers on eBay for $190-$200 Buy it Nows. Sometimes more. Freaking ridiculous.

I like the PS2, and I want a PStwo, as they've been dubbed, but I don't see why people should be buying them for 33%+ than MSRP. :?

I was such an idiot for not selling my PS2 on launch day...could've made a quick $400 bucks. :roll:
Very sexy hero, omg
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

Actually it's not dubbed "PStwo" it is still officially, "PS2". I use PStwo to show the difference of which version I am talking about. :)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Invisix wrote:Actually it's not dubbed "PStwo" it is still officially, "PS2". I use PStwo to show the difference of which version I am talking about. :)
By dubbed he means unofficially.
It's thinking...
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Invisix wrote:Actually it's not dubbed "PStwo" it is still officially, "PS2". I use PStwo to show the difference of which version I am talking about. :)
I know that. Gotta distinguish between them somehow though, and since Sony already released a PSone, PStwo seems like a logical nickname. :)
Very sexy hero, omg
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

i wouldn't say that people only get ps2 cause of they like the games its also a tool for fitting it for example a bunch of kids who have a ps2 and one of them has a gc they probally call him a retard for having a gc.

....I find it ironic how many sonyfanboys we have on a SEGA DREAMCAST forum...... :rumpshaker:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

The PStwo is somewhere around the AU$268 mark here. Rediculuous! Considerring that's just a standard console and controller package, no games (iirc) and you can get a GC with a controller for $99!

Madness!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

megaman8x wrote:i wouldn't say that people only get ps2 cause of they like the games its also a tool for fitting it for example a bunch of kids who have a ps2 and one of them has a gc they probally call him a retard for having a gc.

....I find it ironic how many sonyfanboys we have on a SEGA DREAMCAST forum...... :rumpshaker:
Almost as ironic as how many nintendo fanboys we have.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I think people are stupid paying $200+ dollars on ebay for a Nintendo DS. I know there out of stock everywhere, but it is stupid to give some greedy ebayer that kind of money. More then likely half the ones that was bought out of stores was your greedy ebayers. Pisses me off you got peckerwoods buying every damn system out of a store then people like me who would just like to own one can't get it without paying them outrageous prices.

I will give wal-mart credit, at least they limit 1 per customer when they actually have them.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
yogiandbooboo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by yogiandbooboo »

well around where we live in PA. xboxes are sold out everywhere. and Gamecubes sold out every also. but for ps2 i cant walk into walmart or kmart or anywhere else and see ps2 everywhere around here i dont think they are selling to well. me i hope sony F's up and mircosoft or nintendo take over. that way we can get ride of them. thats just my 2 cents.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

My kid brother is getting one for xmas, I almost slapped my Dad when he called and told me..

All the stores are now sold out, I really dont get it. It cant be just the new GTA?

Surely they all know there is only about another year maybe 2 max left in this piece of crap :(
Dust on the Dreamcast
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

mkjones wrote:All the stores are now sold out, I really dont get it. It cant be just the new GTA?
Nope, it's not just San Andreas. It's just that good of a console, as much as you love to disagree, and slap people over it.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It's just that good of a console
It's identical to the original PS2. It's the same sodding console that was released many years ago, but with a different box. Why the hell would it be selling well this year, and not last year?

The only real possibilities:
  • GTA: SA
  • Morons who think it's a brand new super duper ultra PS3, or some stupid crap like that
segasweet
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by segasweet »

BlackAura wrote:
It's just that good of a console
It's identical to the original PS2. It's the same sodding console that was released many years ago, but with a different box. Why the hell would it be selling well this year, and not last year?

• Morons who think it's a brand new super duper ultra PS3, or some stupid crap like that
Spot on. As soon as I heard about the "new" PS2, all I could think of was how incredibly stupid it was. I wish everyone could think like that, lol. I mean come on....Sony thinks that any time they make something slimmer, everyone must love it. Look at their friggin' computers....ooooohhhhh soooo sliiiim.....I must need that so bad that I'm going to spend an extra $1,000 for it! Come on people, how important is a few centimeters shaved off of a system anyways? The only time this would really matter is if it were to be a portable system....which it obviously isn't.
And I didn't even know this until I read this thread, but apparently the "new" PS2 is too cool for the hard drive too....lol lmao :guffaw:
:dc: Sega is sweet! :dc:

:mg2: Sony sucks! :mg:
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Where do you people come up with this shit, anyway? You have some sort of power that allows you to read every consumer's mind?
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

I know a lot of people are buying them because you can play copied games extremtly easy on them.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

BlackAura wrote:It's identical to the original PS2. It's the same sodding console that was released many years ago, but with a different box. Why the hell would it be selling well this year, and not last year?

Actually, morons would be the only reason why the PS2 is or ever was selling.
Eckostyle wrote:Where do you people come up with this shit, anyway? You have some sort of power that allows you to read every consumer's mind?
I don't know, but if we do, then you suffer from the same superpower it seems:
Eckostyle wrote:Nope, it's not just San Andreas. It's just that good of a console, as much as you love to disagree, and slap people over it.
It's thinking...
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Then let me rephrase that.

I think the PS2(not the PStwo or any BS like that, just the damn system) is a great system, and I think it's selling well this holiday season because of that.

Better?
|darc| wrote:I don't know, but if we do
You do.
|darc| wrote:Actually, morons would be the only reason why the PS2 is or ever was selling.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Eckostyle wrote:Then let me rephrase that.

I think the PS2(not the PStwo or any BS like that, just the damn system) is a great system, and I think it's selling well this holiday season because of that.

Better?
]
you make me want to throw up. out of the three current systems it is the poorest in terms of hardware design.(i know it doesn't have the best hardware because it a good year older, but its designed very poorly)
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

1LINUXuser wrote:you make me want to throw up. out of the three current systems it is the poorest in terms of hardware design.(i know it doesn't have the best hardware because it a good year older, but its designed very poorly)
I have no complaints. My PS2 has been through numerous bumpy trips in my backpack, a nice trip to the floor, and a chip installation, and it's been running just as perfect as it did when I got it X-Mas 2002.
segasweet
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by segasweet »

1LINUXuser wrote:
Eckostyle wrote:Then let me rephrase that.

Better?
]
you make me want to throw up. out of the three current systems it is the poorest in terms of hardware design.(i know it doesn't have the best hardware because it a good year older, but its designed very poorly)
Yeah....I agree. The system was designed very lamely. Just think about how difficult the system was to design games for. The only reason this system has done as well as it has is because of all the hype Sony had created for it, the subsequent dependency that gaming companies felt to develop for Sony's system, and the negative connotations people had for Sega and it's Dreamcast.
As a result, there were some good games that came of these efforts. Whether they are the most technically advanced or not doesn't really matter, as long as they are fun. The age of the system doesn't really matter either, because obviously many of us here still play our Dreamcasts. However, where things do get ridiculous is when you look at the rate of sales for this "new" PS2. It just isn't logical to think that the mainstream at this point in the game is going to flock to the PS2 for the games that it has already had out for so long. I don't think a single game such as San Andreas really would prompt this many sales. If you want San Andreas, you most likely already have the last GTA game that was out on the PS2, and subsequently you would already have a PS2. This can only mean that people are being brought in to the "new" PS2 by hype, which is an unfounded reason to purchase a "new" PS2. If there's one thing I hate, it's uninformed mainstream purchasing of a particular product (lol!). Sony sure does know how to create a hype for their products.
:dc: Sega is sweet! :dc:

:mg2: Sony sucks! :mg: