Is this immature, or is this immature?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is this immature, or is this immature?

Post by AgentGreen »

Earlier tonight I was online and chatting with one of my friends. She asked me what I did today, I told her that I had my braces off (totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but it's still cool and worth mentioning), bought a new weightbench (also unrelated but cool), and two new CD's. She asked what two CD's I bought and since she asked I told her that I bought Rock Against Bush volumes 1&2. She asked me what those were and I told her that they were two punk compilations focused on getting Bush out of office. She went off and said how stupid it was that a bunch of punk bands would do that and said that it was stupid that I'd buy something like that. Then she went off and said that she was voting Bush because Kerry has no morals. I asked her to explain why Bush had better morals than Kerry and she said "No, shut up and leave me alone." From there she blocked me.

So without provocation she attacked not only my political views, but my taste in music. And she didn't even bother supporting her attacks. Now I don't mind it if someone has a dissenting view on politics, in fact i like to banter it out with them. But just insulting someone and their views with no foundation is immature. To me it's as if she slapped me in the face, started to walk off, and when i asked her what it was all about she says "shut up" and continues to walk off.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Welcome to politics.

You expect to be able to buy CD's of punk bands trying to get Bush out of office without someone having something negative to say about it ? :o
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Seems she just felt very strongly about her views. Not much more to it. :o

Then again, We dont have the entire conversation for reference.. ;)
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

perry wrote:Welcome to politics.

You expect to be able to buy CD's of punk bands trying to get Bush out of office without someone having something negative to say about it ? :o
No, I expect negativity but she acted like I attacked her just because I bought something that supports my views. I did no attacking on her whatsoever and she was the only one on the attack. It was immature that she didn't support her attacks.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Like I said, it's obvious she felt strongly enough to just completely sever ties to anyone with opposing ideologies.

Or... It was another way of getting rid of you! ;) Kidding.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Seems she just felt very strongly about her views. Not much more to it. :o

Then again, We dont have the entire conversation for reference.. ;)
This isn't verbatim, but it's pretty faithful to what went on:

"Mary": Hi ^^
Me: Hi
"Mary": What's up?
Me: I got my braces off
"Mary": Yay!
Me: And then I bought a new weight bench, some sneakers, and a couple CD's
"Mary": Cool. What CD's did you buy?
Me: Rock Against Bush vol. 1 and vol. 2
"Mary": What's that
Me: It's a couple albums with a bunch of anti-bush punk songs.
"Mary": That's stupid
Me: o_O
"Mary": Don't punks have anything better to do than scream into a microphone about how much they hate one guy. I mean it's not like the songs are about the band...
Me: What do you mean they're "not about the band"?
"Mary": Well they're singing songs against President Bush.
Me: ...and?
"Mary": I rest my case.
Me: I take it you're pro-bush -_-
"Mary": Yes I am, because Kerry has no morals.
Me: And Bush does?
"Mary": Better than Kerry
Me: How so?
"Mary": Look if you're going to keep slamming my views, i'm taking you off my buddy list
Me: You can have your own views, I'm just asking you to support them a bit.
"Mary": Just shut up and leave me alone
Me: OK -_-
"Mary" is offline (this is where she blocked me)
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

sounds like she's not worth it.

edit: anyone that lets their political beleifs decide who their friends will is a fucking pud.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
spiroth10
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by spiroth10 »

hey, I dont like those bands. I just tolerate people with other opinions -- thats whats great about this country. everyone CAN have their own opinion. she was being immature. Im pro-bush, but I dont go calling everyone whos pro-kerry a loser. my sig MIGHT get misinterpreted but when I typed it, I meant to be saying that I believe kerry will ruin the country -- but its within my rights to say that.

what she did is totally immature, but I still dont condone of the way bush is being treated. the most accurate way I can express my feelings on the matter is this:
bush is a good president at a bad time. no one wants war -- its bad. the economy is going to heck for a LOT of reasons. now, it can be proved that when bad things happen, most human beings tend to blame problems on others. now theres also the crowd who just really has a good reason other than economy and war to get bush out of office. yet theres another crowd that just believes what they are told and go with it.

thats politics. lol. Id say somewhere between 25-50% of voters vote for the wrong person for one of these reasons. im not singling out bush OR kerry here, but BOTH OF THEM!

sorry for the rant. it could have gone on for hours, but you guys are lucky I stopped lol.

and random troll is right -- people like that are just... morons. I mean one thing has NOTHING to do with the other lol.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Hm... so she doesnt know why she likes bush... she just does?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

lol

I am also pro-Bush . And damn, I am tempted to buy those CD's. I'll wait til after the election to do that they don't support any anti-Bush PAC fund or something ;)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I Don't understand how anybody other then a rich person could like Bush. I guess it is just people who don't keep up with polotics. I won't go into details, I learned a long time ago you NEVER, and I repeat NEVER can truely win a Politics debate. Republicans will blame the democrats for something that goes wrong when a Democrat is in office, but when a republican is in office they will say it wasn't the presidents fault, and obviously vice versa. People blurt out supposed facts they don't actually have proof of, and even if they did the other party won't believe it anyways. So its best to just not even start.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote: polotics

I dont keep up with polotics, either.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I've never understood why middleclass and lowerclass americans voted republican either. It's like asking to be punched in the gut.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

Random_Troll wrote:I've never understood why middleclass and lowerclass americans voted republican either. It's like asking to be punched in the gut.
they probably believe that they too will be rich some day, although bush's policies only allow for the already rich to get richer, after all there's only so much money to go round, and only so many 'marks' to steal it from.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Random_Troll wrote:I've never understood why middleclass and lowerclass americans voted republican either. It's like asking to be punched in the gut.
'lowerclass' people usually get their opinions warped and diluted via the medium of television, and despite how the republicans like to portray the 'liberal press' America has some of the most right-wing leaning editorially television 'news' in the world.

Middle classes are suckers for tax breaks.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

What a silly cow :lol:
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

I don't understand these compilations, some of the songs on them aren't even political - usually just a song of the band's latest release to gain some publicity

And how does buying a CD help get rid of Bush?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

$upport
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

I'm a proud member of the independent party. Screw primaries... I'd rather not be tied down to any side.

- Fuzmeister
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

^ i'm not alone! :)

you do know independent is not a party, right?