Anime/Video Game Smorgasbord BOR!

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lv.10!!! »

Hey1 don't forget to add wario,shredder,the joker,dracula from castlevania,garlic jr.,baby buu,one of the robots from gundamwing,don't forget about kirby,Oh and the dog from duck hunt too.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Hey1 don't forget to add wario,shredder,the joker,dracula from castlevania,garlic jr.,baby buu,one of the robots from gundamwing,don't forget about kirby,Oh and the dog from duck hunt too.
Eh... Why would there be a bunch of second and third rate billing video game characters in a anime mod? (especially one that's a clashing of eras)

EDIT: Nevermind, he just went running down all the forums posting some pointless banter to increase his status.
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

InsaneDavid wrote:
Eh... Why would there be a bunch of second and third rate billing video game characters in a anime mod? (especially one that's a clashing of eras)

EDIT: Nevermind, he just went running down all the forums posting some pointless banter to increase his status.
yeah you right, I started this morning and look I"ve got five stars already,ain't that cool! But noooo! a person like cliff clavin has to open his mouth about it>
Don't really care about ranks,Don't really care about what you think about me,Just worry about you not getting bi**h slapped b*tc*
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

Now look, I GOT MY Sixth Star just for talkin' non-sense
Don't really care about ranks,Don't really care about what you think about me,Just worry about you not getting bi**h slapped b*tc*
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Now look, I GOT MY Sixth Star just for talkin' non-sense
"It's a little known fact" that your days of cramming the boards with garbage are nearly over.

Anyway, board relevant news, Astro Boy can use normal sounds for his attacks except for his beams, I'm working on finding sounds for them. However, any generic laser wooshing sound should do the trick.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

i looked at the sprites and how they look in the game, overall they look nice, but it'd be good to enlarge them, or at least the sprites that are suppose to be human height (lupin), unless ofcourse the enemies will be proportional to their height, you get what i mean.

Basically, don't have lupin standing next to another human, that somehow is twice his size.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

i looked at the sprites and how they look in the game, overall they look nice, but it'd be good to enlarge them, or at least the sprites that are suppose to be human height (lupin), unless ofcourse the enemies will be proportional to their height, you get what i mean.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jodo was just displaying some quick snaps of the player sprites in the BoR engine. Since most of the enemies will be ripped from other similar games (at least that's my understanding) this shouldn't be a problem. Things look odd in those snaps since the enemy characters are the normal enemies from the original BoR. As for like Alucard, it makes sense to have him be a bit taller than the normal characters since he'll most likely be an end of stage / game boss.
Jodo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Jodo »

resizing would be a pain. some of them that look nice and smooth (lupin) would get grainy looking. But ya, those big enemies will be gone and replaced when I get the main characters done.
Are YOU a little chocolate doughnut?
Jodo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Jodo »

Anyone know how to make good looking levels? Got tired of characters for the moment. I got into ZSNES and take a pic with only the backround enabled. make it a sprite and everything, but when I resize it, it looks hideous. Anyone know a good program to use?
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Anyone know how to make good looking levels? Got tired of characters for the moment. I got into ZSNES and take a pic with only the backround enabled. make it a sprite and everything, but when I resize it, it looks hideous. Anyone know a good program to use?
Unfortunately I don't have much exprence with ripping backgrounds, only background objects (ie a pipe from Super Mario Bros, building sprites from Zelda II, sprite objects from Zelda III, etc.). The program I use for resizing is Micrografx Picture Publisher 7 since it will rerender objects once you change their size (basically blunt the pixels so that things don't look as pixelated) but for BoR backgrounds I think it would blur too much. Anyone out there have a better solution? Perhaps DcSteve could assist you.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Any updates on this mod?
Jodo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Jodo »

Not much yet. I've been very busy with school, etc. The only thing I've completed and not said much about yet is that Eightman is 100% finished and Lupin only needs a few sounds(gun, dying and explosion). I was wanting to make, or a atleast start on, a level to take a break from characters.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Jodo wrote:Not much yet. I've been very busy with school, etc. The only thing I've completed and not said much about yet is that Eightman is 100% finished and Lupin only needs a few sounds(gun, dying and explosion). I was wanting to make, or a atleast start on, a level to take a break from characters.
Sounds good, was just curious on how things were going.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Any new news on this mod?
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

Allthough lv.10 seems to be just producing spam, he did bring up some good character ideas. Dracula for one, since Alucard is in it. A DBZ character or two wouldn't hurt.(probably the most well known Anime in America).

The Duck Hunt dog is a classic gaming icon. He'd make a nice "beast" enemy in the mod if you can get enough sprites. His hit could knock the hero down and when ever the hit connects, the dog would start lauging. That would be great.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Trentdaddy wrote:Allthough lv.10 seems to be just producing spam, he did bring up some good character ideas. Dracula for one, since Alucard is in it. A DBZ character or two wouldn't hurt.(probably the most well known Anime in America).

The Duck Hunt dog is a classic gaming icon. He'd make a nice "beast" enemy in the mod if you can get enough sprites. His hit could knock the hero down and when ever the hit connects, the dog would start lauging. That would be great.
Naaa, the point of the mod was to take classic anime characters (such as Lupin and Astro Boy) and have them battling against the mainstream anime characters such as DBZ and Sailormoon.
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

Oh I though it was an Anime vs. Game type of mod not Animes that were made into games.

Have any of you though of using Gundam Wing Sprites? ...Well...then again, that would be kinda odd to have regular size characters fighting along/against mechs........but they are probably similar sprite size.....maybe you should add some for a humor factor or something.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Trentdaddy wrote:Oh I though it was an Anime vs. Game type of mod not Animes that were made into games.

Have any of you though of using Gundam Wing Sprites? ...Well...then again, that would be kinda odd to have regular size characters fighting along/against mechs........but they are probably similar sprite size.....maybe you should add some for a humor factor or something.
As far as I remember hearing from Jodo awhile back, the basic level layout / plotline has already been envisioned. - Then again, I just ripped the charcter sprites (and created a few other little sprites) and did some sounds
Bartman3010
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Bartman3010 »

Say, that Moon Wand, can I use it in a game I'm working on? Its not a BOR mod, mind you.

My wand graphic isnt shall we say...good...

Compared to the rest of the game...
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

astro boy is kinda scary looking, kinda ambigiously gay, hey! what about an ambiguosly gay duo mod? :P

hmm. i read that again...dont get me wrong, Im not making fun of your idea :|