How do we burn Nester DC with Nero???

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Dracula XX
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How do we burn Nester DC with Nero???

Post by Dracula XX »

I burn the emulators with roms, i put it in my dreamcast and just the Bios boot nothing else... What's my problem
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Dude there's a million tutorials around here on how to do that. I'd say to use demomenu, but I see consolevision isn't currently available, so just look around, or download a nero image, burn it, then follow the directions to make a rom disc.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

Yes it is...

http://www.consolevision.com

http://www.dcvision.com doesn't work anymore
It only takes one tree, to build one thousand matches
It only takes one match, to BURN one thousand trees

GODDAMN That XBox sucks!!!!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

My bad, hadn't checked the site, didn't know it was back up already. Go to conolevision and find the demo menu toolkit.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
slasher
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by slasher »

Dreamcast Factory works great too and gets everything on one disk, try that. It also may be your DC is too new, what's the manufacturing date on it?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Selfbooting NesterDC with DSSBS Final

Download DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page. Unzip it. *If you're using WinXP/2000 you'll also need to download the choice.zip found on the Needed Tools page to get DSSBS Final working properly. Unzip it & put CHOICE.COM into the DSSBS Final folder.*

Download the latest version of the NesterDC 1ST_READ.BIN & the package from here.

Unzip the package & then put the IP.BIN into the folder called "files" that's in the package. Overwrite the old 1ST_READ.BIN in the "files" folder with the newer version if the package doesn't include the newest one already.

Unzip DSSBS Final & put everything from the package's "files" folder into DSSBS's "new" folder. So the "new" folder should have a 1st_read.bin, an ip.bin & 2 folders called games & pics in it.

Put your unzipped roms into the "games" folder.

Click on dssbs.bat & select 1 to make a Discjuggler image, 2 to make a Nero image, 3 to make a CDRWin image or 4 to make a Fireburner image.

Once the image is made, start up your burning program of choice & select burn image.

CREDITS
---------------------------
NesterDC: Takayama Fumihiko & Ken Friece
DSSBS Final: Discostu55555
CHOICE.COM: CyberChick
Guide written by: Dr Zoidberg
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

May not be the DC if he has tried burning the plain files without any DCEmu experiance. I go with use DCF.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Yes, DCFactory is a good program to use too, it can be downloaded from:

http://dcfactory.cjb.net/
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Tha Doc is on form today!
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

And you could always use Jims boot thing.
UberJim
UberBootCreator
UberBootCreator

Post by UberJim »

Thanks for the plug atf487 :D , I also wanted to take a look at my new rank.