Let Us Write

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Would you buy another SeGa System?

yes
86%
no
No votes
don't know
14%

Total votes: 21
SeVenD
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Let Us Write

Post by SeVenD »

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey why dont all of us loyal Service Games loving junkie, write hand written letters to them (get all your friends to do this) showing there is a big community for thier hardware maybe a mind blowing killer ?backward compatible? system. Remember Kiddies Handwritten letters have more of an effect then emails!
Dude your purple.
Because every Dreamcast you see takes your breathe away.
guitsaru
the guitar monkey
the guitar monkey

Post by guitsaru »

they also cost more than emails. Sega isn't going to make another system for a while
SeVenD
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SeVenD »

actually...think electic cost of access cost of pc
Dude your purple.
guitsaru
the guitar monkey
the guitar monkey

Post by guitsaru »

mines on all the time anyway
SeVenD
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SeVenD »

Hmm well then I shall Change it from Handwrittien To both.....Well Time to Get Recording this dang film again
Dude your purple.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

You guys need to move into the real world.

When a system dies, the company will never, ever start making games again. Sega has also announced they will not make another system.

Theres more of a chance for Microsoft to start making n64 games then your ideas to happen.
SeVenD
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SeVenD »

Heald i never said the were going to start making games again i was talking about a new system someday read b4 you speak....BTW Sonic Team is releasing a new DC game aint sonic team part of sega????
Dude your purple.
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

If the system was "Backward Compatible" with all Saturn games, and they also started offering the Saturn games for download off the internet (or buy in the shops) at reasonable prices (sub ?35) then i definately would, because i missed the Saturn first time round, and there is no good emulator for the PC yet (and besides the games are very hard to find - Shining Force 3 anyone?).
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

heh, have funny kiddos :lol:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

They do offer downloads of Saturn games in Japan, but you rent them instead of buying them. I think it's only the equivalent of a few dollars for a week.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Sorry. It isn't going to happen. If there were enough loyal Sega fans, we would still have a commercially viable system rather than a system that is on life support with the few, but ever so greatful, releases we get from time to time. Even Playmore has been quiet about any upcomming releases shifting their focus to the PS2.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

Yeah, i heard about that Japanese download thing, it's also where the recent (illegal) version of GiriGiri comes from, but i don't particularly want to steep down to that level... Anyway, yeah, this isn't going to happen, and besides, the only console i ever bought was a Dreamcast, and only because it was sub-?50.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

You're torturing yourselves, dudes. Give it up. Live with what we have, because I'm sure that none of you have played EVERY dreamcast game out there...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

When a system dies, the company will never, ever start making games again. Sega has also announced they will not make another system.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO. sega has never said they will not make another system. the most similar statment made by them was that they have no plans at the time for a new system. that just means that right now they arnt into that. i cant think of a single software company that started out as hardware. the way i see it, sega will just take their time and try to reclaim more power and strengthen their pre-existing franchise characters, while keeping the steady flow from the arcade business (SEGA Gameworks) and wait until it is viable to begin thinking of a console again. A new console will probably end up coming out relatively fast when it does because they will probably follow the same scheme as they have before, which is to basically convert their arcade hardware into home console software (NAOMI=>DC). i doubt the dreamcast will be the last console sega ever makes.

The Dream Lives On.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man